Getting Double jaw surgery in a month need advice

R

ramazing69

Iron
Hey everyone I'm getting double jaw surgery in a month and have my virtual surgical planning appointment next week. I have the misfortune of having an overbite and somehow also having a recessed maxilla. Just wanted some advice from people who know a lot about double jaw surgery on what movements and rotations they would recommend for a case like mine. My surgeon in my first consult mentioned moving my maxilla 9mm and my mandible 1.1cm combined with clockwise rotation to add volume to the face.

IMG 2726

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING

these two almost always come together

• +1
Reactions: try2beme, WanderingBurro and ROTTING
Hey everyone I'm getting double jaw surgery in a month and have my virtual surgical planning appointment next week. I have the misfortune of having an overbite and somehow also having a recessed maxilla. Just wanted some advice from people who know a lot about double jaw surgery on what movements and rotations they would recommend for a case like mine. My surgeon in my first consult mentioned moving my maxilla 9mm and my mandible 1.1cm combined with clockwise rotation to add volume to the face.

View attachment 2140943
Are you getting it covered by insurance?

@RealSurgerymax any advice?
9mm Maxilla and 11mm mandible isn’t clockwise unless you have an overbite

I agree with the magnitude of the maxillary advancement

• +1
Reactions: ramazing69
9mm Maxilla and 11mm mandible isn’t clockwise unless you have an overbite

I agree with the magnitude of the maxillary advancement
Do you think I would need paranasal implants after bimax, or would bimax be enough?