Getting Rid Of Acne Naturally - Addressing The Underlying Cause & Pre + Probtioic Maxxing

Vista

Vista

Bronze
Getting Rid Of Acne Naturally - Addressing The Underlying Cause & Pre + Probtioic Maxxing

A lot of people on this site shill Accutane religiously - promoting it as the final solution for acne. However, many people are unaware of the underlying cause of Acne and the side effects of Accutane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin#Adverse_effects

It doesn't take long to find the myriad of side effects of Accutane, such as depression, dryness, joint problems, cholesterol problems - just to mention a few.

Most importantly relapse of acne is extremely common, and is estimated to be between 14.6 - 52% - why would you risk all these side effects to still have acne?

To get rid of acne, we must first understand the underlying cause and address it, which will be more effective at treating Acne than any pills and will actually contribute to your health and be free of any side effects.

What is Acne?

To put it simply, acne is caused by the overgrowth of a bacteria called Cutibacterium acnes, which feeds off of sebum (oil produced by your face).

The way that Accutane works is by shutting down sebum production - thereby starving this bacteria of its fuel. However, as people discontinue Accutane, sebum production will gradually increase, creating an environment that facilitates the growth of Cutibacterium acnes again - contributing to acne relapse.

This is why lots of teenagers have acne, as sebum production ramps up during puberty and gradually decreases at the end of puberty (hence why most adults don't have acne).

Sebum, despite what many people think, is an important component of the skin, forming a protective barrier (biofilm) over the skin, preventing external bacteria from entering and causing infection. It also maintains skin moisture and is a form of fuel for beneficial skin bacteria.

This is why skin dryness is such a common side effect of Accutane, as it shuts down sebum production.

You may be mistaken for thinking that Cutibacterium acnes is THE cause of acne, however Cutibacterium acnes also has many benefits such as:
  • Sebum Metabolism
  • Skin pH regulation
  • Anti- Microbioal benefits
  • Anti- Inflamation
Remember: Acne is caused by the over growth of Cutibacterium acnes.

If you have good biotic balance, you will not have any acne, bacteria on your skin could ideally be consuming a large proportion of sebum on your skin.

In recent times, our overuse of antibiotics, poor diets, and bad skincare practices have caused an outbreak of acne. A hundred years ago, acne was largely non-existent.

Indigenous teenage girl from 1910 with no visible acne lesions, never even saw a skincare product in her life and skin mogs 99% of .org

Why should I care about biotic balance?

Bacteria in our body is EXTREMELY important, just a few benefits of having good biotic balance include:

• Improved collagen production, decreased signs of aging, improved skin hydration
  • Boost cognitive function
  • Decrease depression/ anxiety
  • Support oral health (many oral health diseases are caused by bacteria, e.g cavities)
  • Decreasing allergies and Eczema
  • and many more benefits

How Do I Prevent The Over Growth of Cutibacterium Acnes?

The bacterial (biotic) balance of the skin is extremely complex, but to get rid of acne, we need to balance the bacteria not only on our skin but also in our body, thereby improving our immune system (bacteria are an important component of our immune system). There are thousands of different strains in our body; Cutibacterium acnes is only one of them.

Before the industrial revolution acne was very rare, since then there has been an acne epimedic and acne has become normalised, with many people thinking that Acne is normal - this is not the case.

Bacteria in your body are primarily regulated in your gut/appendix and are an extremely important facet of your health that should not be neglected. Signs of poor bacterial balance include indigestion, food sensitivity, allergies, bloating, poor vitamin absorption, as well as many others.

So how do we go about restoring biotic balance on our skin and body?

1) Diet:

Sugar is one of the main fuel sources for bacteria. An excess of sugar (seen in the modern day) provides excess fuel for harmful bacteria, which will go on to cause acne. One of the first steps should be to cut out and restrict your intake of processed sugars (including sugar substitutes). When this sugar enters your gut, you are overfeeding bad bacteria, which negatively shifts the balance of bacteria, promoting health problems.

Prebiotics: Prebiotics are types of chemicals that contribute to promoting the growth of good bacteria. Examples of prebiotic foods you should be regularly consuming are:

Inulin - Prebiotic - improve gut health and nutrient absorption - Chicory Root and Garlic

Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) - Stimulate growth of good bacteria - found in Onions and Garlic

Fermented foods - Kombucha/ Kefir/ Sauerkraut

Fibre - Carrots, vegetables and certain grains

Digestive enzymes - Pepsin, apples, bananas, dairy, root vegetables

Note: Many people also claim that dairy causes acne; this is once again not true. Dairy will increase sebum production, which is important for our skin. Increased sebum has the potential to cause more acne if the underlying reason (biotic balance) is not addressed. On its own, however, dairy will not cause acne and can actually improve biotic balance.

2) Probiotic supplements:

Probiotic supplements are a great way to introduce beneficial bacteria into our body and have many benefits. When buying a probiotic supplement, make sure that it has a lot of strains (different types of bacteria) and has enough CFU (colony-forming units - i.e., potency).

This is the probiotic that I use (NOW Foods, Probiotic-10, 50B CFU)

I suggest taking this 1-2 per day, with prebiotics and a filling meal and to keep them in the fridge to maintain their potency.

Side note: I have tried hundreds of different supplements, including many Nootropics, and none of them have come close to probiotics. I felt my mood improve quickly and it got rid of all my brain fog. I'm not trying to shill, but the benefits I have personally experienced have been profound.

3) Skincare/ Hygiene:

A lot of skincare practices promoted now are all shills for cosmetic companies who want to make more money and do nothing to improve your health/acne. Why would they want to fix your acne/skin problems? How else would they be able to make money and sell their bullshit?

One of the most apparent shills are cleansing and moisturising. The entire narrative that we need to cleanse our skin of "impurities" twice per day and apply a moisturiser after is complete Jewish rubbish.

Humans have not used skincare products for 200,000 years, and from the records we have (such as photos of indigenous people), there does not appear to be any indication that these humans had any skin diseases like acne. Suddenly, all these cosmetic companies are pushing these practices, which have surprisingly correlated with an increase in acne.

Bacteria and sebum are protective elements of the skin. When "impurities" make contact with our face, they are kept away from our skin.

When you cleanse, you strip away this protective layer, therefore washing away sebum and bacteria on the skin, leaving the skin susceptible to harmful bacteria in the environment. Anecdotally, I have spent thousands of dollars on skincare products (and so have many people I know) who have seen little improvement in their skin. In fact, I have seen my skin get worse as I increased my use of skincare.

According to the same narrative you then need to moisturise your skin after you strip everything off it, putting some synthetic rubbish on your skin instead. People who have acne are more than likely to have oily skin anyway - why would you moisturise skin that is naturally producing an excess of oil?

Healthy skin will naturally clean itself; you need not do anything more than wash your face with cold water. Obviously, there are rare exceptions to this. If your face is visibly very dirty (from working on an oil rig or in the mines), then yes - using soap/cleanser may be appropriate.

Warm/hot water has a similar effect to a cleanser; it strips away oil from your skin, potentially leading to more acne as your body will need to compensate for lack of sebum by producing more of it - fueling even more acne growth.

When you discontinue using these skincare products, you may experience an increase in acne temporarily as your body adjusts your sebum production - this is normal. You may also experience dryness - I suggest vaseline slugging until the dryness is resolved to help mediate some of the transitional side effects of skincare product discontinuation.

tldr: don't use cleansers/ moisturisers/ hot water/ exofliants - wash ur face with cold water only and do vaseline slugging when you discontinue to help with dryness

Side note: I'm not against skincare as a whole, however moisturising, cleansing and exfoliating are all natural process' which your skin does naturally, when you use these products you interupt that process, leading to more acne and losing money.

Also maintain regular oral hygiene brush x2 daily, floss and use a tongue scraper - AT THE MINIMUM

Make sure to wash your bedding at least once per week as well :)

4) General LIfestyle Changes/ Supplements

Exercise regularly, eat healthy, sleep, avoid anti- biotics unless you are on your deathbed, get enough nutrients - common sense
I would also suggest taking MicroZinc, Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate) 25k IU/ 3 week and Fish oil in efficacious quantities.

By implimenting all these changes I am positive that you will see an improvement in your acne, obviously this isn't a definitive guide, but provides some general guidance towards addressing acne nonetheless without accutane or other medications.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: N1666, yue, coxel and 3 others
Just eat raw meat

• +1
Reactions: mirrormogger
nigga is explaining what acne is in 2024. :forcedsmile:

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: MrUnsynethsied and WhoTookVendetta

A lot of people on this site shill Accutane religiously - promoting it as the final solution for acne. However, many people are unaware of the underlying cause of Acne and the side effects of Accutane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin#Adverse_effects

It doesn't take long to find the myriad of side effects of Accutane, such as depression, dryness, joint problems, cholesterol problems - just to mention a few.

Most importantly relapse of acne is extremely common, and is estimated to be between 14.6 - 52% - why would you risk all these side effects to still have acne?

To get rid of acne, we must first understand the underlying cause and address it, which will be more effective at treating Acne than any pills and will actually contribute to your health and be free of any side effects.

What is Acne?

To put it simply, acne is caused by the overgrowth of a bacteria called Cutibacterium acnes, which feeds off of sebum (oil produced by your face).

The way that Accutane works is by shutting down sebum production - thereby starving this bacteria of its fuel. However, as people discontinue Accutane, sebum production will gradually increase, creating an environment that facilitates the growth of Cutibacterium acnes again - contributing to acne relapse.

This is why lots of teenagers have acne, as sebum production ramps up during puberty and gradually decreases at the end of puberty (hence why most adults don't have acne).

Sebum, despite what many people think, is an important component of the skin, forming a protective barrier (biofilm) over the skin, preventing external bacteria from entering and causing infection. It also maintains skin moisture and is a form of fuel for beneficial skin bacteria.

This is why skin dryness is such a common side effect of Accutane, as it shuts down sebum production.

You may be mistaken for thinking that Cutibacterium acnes is THE cause of acne, however Cutibacterium acnes also has many benefits such as:
  • Sebum Metabolism
  • Skin pH regulation
  • Anti- Microbioal benefits
  • Anti- Inflamation
Remember: Acne is caused by the over growth of Cutibacterium acnes.

If you have good biotic balance, you will not have any acne, bacteria on your skin could ideally be consuming a large proportion of sebum on your skin.

In recent times, our overuse of antibiotics, poor diets, and bad skincare practices have caused an outbreak of acne. A hundred years ago, acne was largely non-existent.

View attachment 3004064
Indigenous teenage girl from 1910 with no visible acne lesions, never even saw a skincare product in her life and skin mogs 99% of .org

Why should I care about biotic balance?

Bacteria in our body is EXTREMELY important, just a few benefits of having good biotic balance include:

• Improved collagen production, decreased signs of aging, improved skin hydration
  • Boost cognitive function
  • Decrease depression/ anxiety
  • Support oral health (many oral health diseases are caused by bacteria, e.g cavities)
  • Decreasing allergies and Eczema
  • and many more benefits

How Do I Prevent The Over Growth of Cutibacterium Acnes?

The bacterial (biotic) balance of the skin is extremely complex, but to get rid of acne, we need to balance the bacteria not only on our skin but also in our body, thereby improving our immune system (bacteria are an important component of our immune system). There are thousands of different strains in our body; Cutibacterium acnes is only one of them.

Before the industrial revolution acne was very rare, since then there has been an acne epimedic and acne has become normalised, with many people thinking that Acne is normal - this is not the case.

Bacteria in your body are primarily regulated in your gut/appendix and are an extremely important facet of your health that should not be neglected. Signs of poor bacterial balance include indigestion, food sensitivity, allergies, bloating, poor vitamin absorption, as well as many others.

So how do we go about restoring biotic balance on our skin and body?

1) Diet:

Sugar is one of the main fuel sources for bacteria. An excess of sugar (seen in the modern day) provides excess fuel for harmful bacteria, which will go on to cause acne. One of the first steps should be to cut out and restrict your intake of processed sugars (including sugar substitutes). When this sugar enters your gut, you are overfeeding bad bacteria, which negatively shifts the balance of bacteria, promoting health problems.

Prebiotics: Prebiotics are types of chemicals that contribute to promoting the growth of good bacteria. Examples of prebiotic foods you should be regularly consuming are:

Inulin - Prebiotic - improve gut health and nutrient absorption - Chicory Root and Garlic

Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) - Stimulate growth of good bacteria - found in Onions and Garlic

Fermented foods - Kombucha/ Kefir/ Sauerkraut

Fibre - Carrots, vegetables and certain grains

Digestive enzymes - Pepsin, apples, bananas, dairy, root vegetables

Note: Many people also claim that dairy causes acne; this is once again not true. Dairy will increase sebum production, which is important for our skin. Increased sebum has the potential to cause more acne if the underlying reason (biotic balance) is not addressed. On its own, however, dairy will not cause acne and can actually improve biotic balance.

2) Probiotic supplements:

Probiotic supplements are a great way to introduce beneficial bacteria into our body and have many benefits. When buying a probiotic supplement, make sure that it has a lot of strains (different types of bacteria) and has enough CFU (colony-forming units - i.e., potency).

This is the probiotic that I use (NOW Foods, Probiotic-10, 50B CFU)

I suggest taking this 1-2 per day, with prebiotics and a filling meal and to keep them in the fridge to maintain their potency.

Side note: I have tried hundreds of different supplements, including many Nootropics, and none of them have come close to probiotics. I felt my mood improve quickly and it got rid of all my brain fog. I'm not trying to shill, but the benefits I have personally experienced have been profound.

3) Skincare/ Hygiene:

A lot of skincare practices promoted now are all shills for cosmetic companies who want to make more money and do nothing to improve your health/acne. Why would they want to fix your acne/skin problems? How else would they be able to make money and sell their bullshit?

One of the most apparent shills are cleansing and moisturising. The entire narrative that we need to cleanse our skin of "impurities" twice per day and apply a moisturiser after is complete Jewish rubbish.

Humans have not used skincare products for 200,000 years, and from the records we have (such as photos of indigenous people), there does not appear to be any indication that these humans had any skin diseases like acne. Suddenly, all these cosmetic companies are pushing these practices, which have surprisingly correlated with an increase in acne.

Bacteria and sebum are protective elements of the skin. When "impurities" make contact with our face, they are kept away from our skin.

When you cleanse, you strip away this protective layer, therefore washing away sebum and bacteria on the skin, leaving the skin susceptible to harmful bacteria in the environment. Anecdotally, I have spent thousands of dollars on skincare products (and so have many people I know) who have seen little improvement in their skin. In fact, I have seen my skin get worse as I increased my use of skincare.

According to the same narrative you then need to moisturise your skin after you strip everything off it, putting some synthetic rubbish on your skin instead. People who have acne are more than likely to have oily skin anyway - why would you moisturise skin that is naturally producing an excess of oil?

Healthy skin will naturally clean itself; you need not do anything more than wash your face with cold water. Obviously, there are rare exceptions to this. If your face is visibly very dirty (from working on an oil rig or in the mines), then yes - using soap/cleanser may be appropriate.

Warm/hot water has a similar effect to a cleanser; it strips away oil from your skin, potentially leading to more acne as your body will need to compensate for lack of sebum by producing more of it - fueling even more acne growth.

When you discontinue using these skincare products, you may experience an increase in acne temporarily as your body adjusts your sebum production - this is normal. You may also experience dryness - I suggest vaseline slugging until the dryness is resolved to help mediate some of the transitional side effects of skincare product discontinuation.

tldr: don't use cleansers/ moisturisers/ hot water/ exofliants - wash ur face with cold water only and do vaseline slugging when you discontinue to help with dryness

Side note: I'm not against skincare as a whole, however moisturising, cleansing and exfoliating are all natural process' which your skin does naturally, when you use these products you interupt that process, leading to more acne and losing money.

Also maintain regular oral hygiene brush x2 daily, floss and use a tongue scraper - AT THE MINIMUM

Make sure to wash your bedding at least once per week as well :)

4) General LIfestyle Changes/ Supplements

Exercise regularly, eat healthy, sleep, avoid anti- biotics unless you are on your deathbed, get enough nutrients - common sense
I would also suggest taking MicroZinc, Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate) 25k IU/ 3 week and Fish oil in efficacious quantities.

By implimenting all these changes I am positive that you will see an improvement in your acne, obviously this isn't a definitive guide, but provides some general guidance towards addressing acne nonetheless without accutane or other medications.
Do you think rubbing head and shoulders on my face would help?

Do you think rubbing head and shoulders on my face would help?
I can't recall what the active ingredient in head and shoulders is, but ketoconazole and other anti-fungal medications are effective for getting rid of fungal acne (which isn't technically a form of acne). I suggest using it 3 times per week, rubbing on face and hair and leaving in for 8 minutes, you should kill the fungus within 1-2 weeks and repeat when you notice acne/ dandruff

• +1
Reactions: 97baHater
Good thread, my acne was non-existent when I didn't use skin care. My skin has been terrible after wasting a couple hundred on skincare products. I stopped using skincare recently and fixed diet and my acne is disappearing.

• JFL
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel
great thread, for most skincare should be specifically used for sun protection and stimulating collagen production or targeting specific rare problems and acne needs to be solved through the gut, balancing hormones, lowering bf and overall becoming healthier.

great thread, for most skincare should be specifically used for sun protection and stimulating collagen production or targeting specific rare problems and acne needs to be solved through the gut, balancing hormones, lowering bf and overall becoming healthier.
yeah definitely, skin hydration is also pretty important and is something most people neglect as well, but like you said most problems are a result of poor general health and isn't something that skincare products can fix

• +1
Reactions: coxel
Good thread, my acne was non-existent when I didn't use skin care. My skin has been terrible after wasting a couple hundred on skincare products. I stopped using skincare recently and fixed diet and my acne is disappearing.
yeah, its not just you, lots of people have been pozzed into the same situation - good that ur seeing improvements though

Agree with everything, although I've found no ill effects from a warm shower vs cold. Hot where it is nigh scalding I can see being anti-bacterial and thus disruptive.

Agree with everything, although I've found no ill effects from a warm shower vs cold. Hot where it is nigh scalding I can see being anti-bacterial and thus disruptive.
I suppose hot water doesn’t effects everyone the same way, you could just have good biotic balance on your skin

I suppose hot water doesn’t effects everyone the same way, you could just have good biotic balance on your skin
I definitely don't as I respond very well to benzoyl peroxide