Give suggestions to get a social circle

CupOfCoffee

CupOfCoffee

IdentityCrisisCel
For those of you who have social circles, give me all ideas you have. I'm open to anything.

Ask people about classes you have in common. After befriending them after a week or so, ask if they're doing anything on Friday. Say u and a bunch of friends are going out. Find more people and repeat till u have a group

• JFL
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel
Ask people about classes you have in common. After befriending them after a week or so, ask if they're doing anything on Friday. Say u and a bunch of friends are going out. Find more people and repeat till u have a group
ah the good old pyramid scheme gamble of social gatherings

• +1
Reactions: SLA
>go to school/college and talk to people you're sat next to

It's over after that.

• +1
Reactions: SLA and Nibba
Get a job and talk to your coworkers

It works tho
yeah, people are much more reluctant to agree to come if it's not certain that there'll be more people

yeah, people are much more reluctant to agree to come if it's not certain that there'll be more people
Yeah it seems like you're a creepy weirdo if u just ask one person and don't mention anyone else. But if you bring up other people casually, it'll make it seem like you're a strange but charistmatic individual

Don’t be autistic. That’s a good start.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
Yeah it seems like you're a creepy weirdo if u just ask one person and don't mention anyone else. But if you bring up other people casually, it'll make it seem like you're a strange but charistmatic individual
make sure ur at least average looking before doing this though

Nah dude works fine for me
I mean u pass those prereqs, I was saying it as a sort of general rule, not for you in particular idk

Become a yes man.

I.e say yes to any and all offers or invitations made to you

• +1
I mean u pass those prereqs, I was saying it as a sort of general rule, not for you in particular idk
It doesn't matter.ugly guys do this all the time

It doesn't matter.ugly guys do this all the time
from what I've seen irl it doesn't really happen much here unless the person already has at least 1-2 ppl that he knows more closely, it'd probably be pretty hard to pull off a week after having no social circle at all, unless ur gl imo

I'm starting from zero here. I don't have anyone I regularly hang out with.

So I'm supposed to tell people that I'm bringing other friends when I'm really not?
Yes then ask other people. then you actually will have a large group going. And if only a few people show up say they all bailed on you

Yes then ask other people. then you actually will have a large group going. And if only a few people show up say they all bailed on you
It sounds like a good idea but I would feel like a complete fraud. Idk man. I could also hit up some people I used to talk to a couple years ago, though I wasn't very close and tbh I wasn't taken seriously by them either (likely because I have low confidence and shit)

It sounds like a good idea but I would feel like a complete fraud. Idk man. I could also hit up some people I used to talk to a couple years ago, though I wasn't very close and tbh I wasn't taken seriously by them either (likely because I have low confidence and shit)
then do the first part of nibba's suggestion and get closer to/befriend (preferably someone that's already pretty social) whoever seems the least retarded tbh

I'm a social life expert, lemme drop some social life knowledge on you real quick....

• +1
Reactions: SLA and Deleted member 206
best time to get a social circle is in HS

after that its over unless ur chad

• +1
I don't have a social circle, but are you currently are student or do you have a job ?

I don't have a social circle, but are you currently are student or do you have a job ?
Yes, and looking for part time work right now.

Yes, and looking for part time work right now.
well you should join some sort of student group.
I'm sure there are different groups for different activities that you could join.
Maybe you will meet people and become friends with them as you are both interested in said activity.