gonia aren't seen from the front, outward gonia = peaked masseter

longjohnmong

longjohnmong

Kraken
someone prove me wrong. flared gonia (gonions :feelsuhh:) aren't flared gonia. they're probably a function of jaw width and masseter shape and bf% of the face (which is important, different people lose fat in different places at different rates. just because someone estimates your bf% by looking at your abs doesn't mean you have the face of someone with 10%).

different people have differently shaped muscles irrespective of size. see long vs short biceps:

fhbmakzptrt41.jpg

outward gonia are probably just peaked or short masseters on to of a decently wide jaw and have very little to do with gonial flare. thus, all attempts at creating a nice jaw with heavily flared gonial implants are misguided. "water" no, not water because surgeons are still mostly making extremely flared implants

this is why tom cruise has flared "gonia" that seem to appear and disappear. it's not from implants as he had flared jaw in high school:

article-2431193-183CD57400000578-318_636x382.jpg

yeah, that's before the picture of him in The Outsiders looking like he has no jaw at all

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Allornothing, JohnDoe and 97baHater
Interesting theory

Interesting theory
You can test it for yourself. Place a finger directly on top of a gonion and look in the mirror. Is it lower and farther back than where your jaw appears to peak from the front?

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe
You can test it for yourself. Place a finger directly on top of a gonion and look in the mirror. Is it lower and farther back than where your jaw appears to peak from the front?
I can't see my finger on mirror when I put it on my gonions, so over, also any way to fix if implants are misguided?

I can't see my finger on mirror when I put it on my gonions, so over, also any way to fix if implants are misguided?
I was just reading some dude's plan where he talks about how the flared implants create a pocket for the masseter to sit in so it doesn't create a bulky look, so perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about. At the same time, if the peak of your masseter is where your jaw appears to peak from the front, wouldn't you want to push it outward?