Good Bitcoin Guide?

D

Deleted member 9919

Bronze
I was wondering if anyone here has posted a good starting guide to Bitcoin? I'm interested in getting in it but there's too much info out there, too many conflicting opinions, etc. I don't even know where to begin. Couldn't find anything super useful in the BoB forum or in here.

What do you mean by getting into bitcoin? Are you looking to invest or buy shit on the dark web?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5583
What do you mean by getting into bitcoin? Are you looking to invest or buy shit on the dark web?

Neither? Is it stable enough to rely on outside of the banking system?

Look into videos on how to set up Ledger Nano hardware wallet. Using a "cold wallet" is by far the safest method of storing crypto. Just be very careful not to lose your seed code or let anyone know where you hide it.

1. Create a coinbase account
2. Deposit $$$ to coinbase PRO (not regular coinbase because it charges higher fees)
3. Purchase Bitcoin
4. Purchase a Ledger Nano (or other hardware wallet)
5. Watch a youtube video on how to set up a Ledger Nano (really easy if IQ is >80)
6. Hold long-term

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5969, Neurose, TheMewingBBC and 4 others
Look into videos on how to set up Ledger Nano hardware wallet. Using a "cold wallet" is by far the safest method of storing crypto. Just be very careful not to lose your seed code or let anyone know where you hide it.

2. Deposit $$$ to coinbase PRO (not regular coinbase because it charges higher fees)
3. Purchase Bitcoin
5. Watch a youtube video on how to set up a Ledger Nano (really easy if IQ is >80)
6. Hold long-term
Localbitcoins is better coinbase keeps asking me for ID and didn't even sell me bitcoins because of my state.

The real question is... is it stable even if pegged to the USD or physical assets?

The real question is... is it stable even if pegged to the USD or physical assets?
bro why tf would U want it to be pegged to the USD (which also isn’t “stable” or pegged to physical assets ever since the federal reserve stopped backing it with gold)

I made a thread on bitcoin that’s literally recommended in the section below, read it and do your own research from there for if you think its worth investing in.
(Spoiler: it is)

• +1
Reactions: johncruz12345

3. Purchase Bitcoin
6. Hold long-term
Coinbase makes you pay tax.

bro why tf would U want it to be pegged to the USD (which also isn’t “stable” or pegged to physical assets ever since the federal reserve stopped backing it with gold)

I made a thread on bitcoin that’s literally recommended in the section below, read it and do your own research from there for if you think its worth investing in.
(Spoiler: it is)

I already know its price will rally. I looked at the charts and was intrigued. That's why I'm asking about it now. However, what you're suggesting is still fundamentally in comparison with US dollars. What makes crypto valuable in a rally? It's because its fiat-equivalent value increases in the rally. Crypto has no inherent monetary value unless you can convert it into fiat money. I want to use it as my "bank account." That is why I want it to be somewhat stable whether it's pegged to the USD or to a physical asset like land. Stablecoins attempt to do this, but because I don't know much about them, I don't know how "stable" they really are. Now, if you were to tell me that there's a cryptocurrency out there that pegs to fully audited gold stores...

Good bitcoin guide? Stay the fuck away

I already know its price will rally. I looked at the charts and was intrigued. That's why I'm asking about it now. However, what you're suggesting is still fundamentally in comparison with US dollars. What makes crypto valuable in a rally? It's because its fiat-equivalent value increases in the rally. Crypto has no inherent monetary value unless you can convert it into fiat money. I want to use it as my "bank account." That is why I want it to be somewhat stable whether it's pegged to the USD or to a physical asset like land. Stablecoins attempt to do this, but because I don't know much about them, I don't know how "stable" they really are. Now, if you were to tell me that there's a cryptocurrency out there that pegs to fully audited gold stores...
After reading your response, my main suggestion would be to learn more about the fundamentals of bitcoin and what it could pertain to in terms of worldwide practical use/function. If the technology and it’s potential applications don’t provide confidence to you, there are plenty other assets you can use as a type of “bank account” for storing your money.

buy low sell high

bitcoin is dead, either you were in 2017 or not

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Seems like bitcoin hit the wall

3. Purchase Bitcoin
6. Hold long-term
*Hodl long-term

• +1
Reactions: leprechauncel
It's going to go up as soon as DXY falls and market plunges. BTC is still digital gold tbh. Asian countries are sweeping this and bitminers are profiting more than ever. It's a bumpy road but a long term hold if you're trying to live off retirement money.

I was wondering if anyone here has posted a good starting guide to Bitcoin?
just hodl. that's the best guide in general, if not a daytrader. hodl is for when you think it will generlly go upwards in the long future.

Fuck Bitcoin buy Ethereum.

It is going to dip hard because "everyone" is getting in again

Ledger Nano

don’t buy a ledger nano JFL their database got hacked and there’s phishing texts and emails going to its users trying to get into their coins

get a trezor model t or cold card for the best hardware wallets