Good idea to go to dermatologist with minoxidil questions?

Chico Chicowski

Chico Chicowski

Kraken
Im gonna say 2 things
a) can you measure my agecelism and in 1/2 months tell me if I got older from minox
b) can I fight back collagen breakdown from minox w retin a/tca/or sth else?

Worth it to spend $50 on that?

Stubble is umoggable, its hides your ugly faces, so thats why you better looking

Not worth it for $50. You already have the answers for these questions in this site.

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
Not worth it for $50. You already have the answers for these questions in this site.
and the answers for questions are?

a) Just look in the mirror, it's not that hard. If Minoxidil aged you, you would easily notice with a glance in the mirror.
b) Probably, but I don't think it's worth it to use Minoxidil.

You want to use it because you can't grow a stubble? How old are you?

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
a) Just look in the mirror, it's not that hard. If Minoxidil aged you, you would easily notice with a glance in the mirror.
b) Probably, but I don't think it's worth it to use Minoxidil.

You want to use it because you can't grow a stubble? How old are you?
Im 23 and have dark white person phenotype hope for coloring maxing because dark-brown hair, super-dark eyelashes+eyebrows, light-blue eyes and dark stubble hair, but basically I dont have much of them

a) its risky, they have special microscopes and can look into fine lines, if they got deeper or not + they are expert
b) this is the question

• Woah
Reactions: her
Im 23 and have dark white person phenotype hope for coloring maxing because dark-brown hair, super-dark eyelashes+eyebrows, light-blue eyes and dark stubble hair, but basically I dont have much of them

a) its risky, they have special microscopes and can look into fine lines, if they got deeper or not + they are expert
b) this is the question
I don't know, man. I personally wouldn't use Minoxidil after all the drama and personal experiences from users here. That's up to you.

And paying $50 to ask these simple questions is not worth it in my opinion. You could waste it on something better that's gonna help you more.

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob and Vidyacoper
Dermatologists won't know much about minoxidil

You don’t need to ask a derm. I don’t know why people even go to doctors, derms, etc for issues they could easily use the internet for themselves. There’s plenty of research out there that extends beyond what just one professional would know. It’s not like you need to tested or operated on to get the answers to your questions.

Minoxidil does destroy collagen. The extent to which it does is what hasn’t been adequately measured yet. Is it exaggerated because people attribute the results of normal aging to it? Possibly. It most likely depends on the individual but I wouldn’t use minoxidil unless I absolutely had to. I would do dermarolling, peppermint oil, and eliminating foods that cause inflammation first. And then if it got bad, I would hop on finasteride and minox while monitoring my sex drive and collagen closely to make sure it wasn’t seriously affecting it. And using them alongside Retin A, Vitamin C, moisturizer, and sunscreen of course.

If my libido and collagen were getting drastically reduced by the two, I would just accept my hair loss and save up as quickly as possible for a hair transplant. You can get hair back but it’s much much more difficult to revive a dead sex drive and aged skin.

You don’t need to ask a derm. I don’t know why people even go to doctors, derms, etc for issues they could easily use the internet for themselves. There’s plenty of research out there that extends beyond what just one professional would know. It’s not like you need to tested or operated on to get the answers to your questions.

Minoxidil does destroy collagen. The extent to which it does is what hasn’t been adequately measured yet. Is it exaggerated because people attribute the results of normal aging to it? Possibly. It most likely depends on the individual but I wouldn’t use minoxidil unless I absolutely had to. I would do dermarolling, peppermint oil, and eliminating foods that cause inflammation first. And then if it got bad, I would hop on finasteride and minox while monitoring my sex drive and collagen closely to make sure it wasn’t seriously affecting it. And using them alongside Retin A, Vitamin C, moisturizer, and sunscreen of course.

If my libido and collagen were getting drastically reduced by the two, I would just accept my hair loss and save up as quickly as possible for a hair transplant. You can get hair back but it’s much much more difficult to revive a dead sex drive and aged skin.
you didnt even read my posts, its about beard, I have a head full of hair

you didnt even read my posts, its about beard, I have a head full of hair
Then just wait until you can grow stubble. You’re probably a teenager right?

I didn’t get real facial hair until I was like 19. And I didn’t get good stubble until like 22.

My derm straight-up told me "you will never get your hair back" when I complained of thinning so no I wouldn't waste your time lol

EDIT: Oh you meant facial hair, but even that, unless you have a "serious" problem they don't care.

Minoxidil does destroy collagen.

And it kinda destroyed my eye area. And since I used it, my bone structure become also weird, like it cracks pretty easily. Looks like I have to consume a bone marrow supplement.

And it kinda destroyed my eye area. And since I used it, my bone structure become also weird, like it cracks pretty easily. Looks like I have to consume a bone marrow supplement.
Yeah my cousin started using minoxidil and his undereye area became clearly more hollow and dark in less than a year of use. His skin looks older and more dried out too. It’s just not worth the risk.