Good ways to test general logical thinking?

Kingcel32

Kingcel32

Solstice
Looking to see how good I am when it comes to logical and critical thinking. Any good tests that are at least somewhat good? Also don't post IQ tests, already took a shit ton of them and they seem pretty unreliable.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
nah, you don't want that.

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
Online tests are useless nigga (y)

• +1

• +1
the intuition is more reliable
Intuition is useless because it can be rooted heavily in bias and limited by your personal experience. Being able to think logically and critically is much more important as you can separate your personal bias from your decision making, allowing you to make objective decisions that will benefit you in the long term. Of course sometimes intuition can pay off, and we shouldn't reject personal experience just because it is anecdotal, but it is unreliable in long term planning and goal setting.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3946
Intuition is useless because it can be rooted heavily in bias and limited by your personal experience. Being able to think logically and critically is much more important as you can separate your personal bias from your decision making, allowing you to make objective decisions that will benefit you in the long term. Of course sometimes intuition can pay off, and we shouldn't reject personal experience just because it is anecdotal, but it is unreliable in long term planning and goal setting.
the only thing that truly matters is your experience, it's best to have a bias since you're the one who's developed it according to your unique situations

• +1
the only thing that truly matters is your experience, it's best to have a bias since you're the one who's developed it according to your unique situations
What ends up mattering in the of the day, is being able to understand other ppl's processes (that have more experience and success on the given thing) and be able to steal that and adjust it for your own personal situation and all the variables that come with it. It's usually not good let alone "best" to have a bias because smth worked out a specific way for you , this heavily stunts your improvement as it automatically deflects any possibility of personal fault if I'm reading this correctly. It assumes you took every single choice in your life because it was the most optimal one with the at the time conditions, something that no one ever has come close to doing. Therefore, intuition is a good baseline but ultimately pretty dogshit to go by , as it's gonna (most times) emotionally suggest (and usually based on result, rather than what should have happened/worked) a specific, and sometimes repetitive course of action to take. You're gonna keep making the same decisions you've been making if you rely on intuition. And of course this works both ways, you might be deterred from making a correct decision because it didn't work in the past due to uncontrollable shit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Crusile, Kingcel32 and Deleted member 6403
you can already know you have shit general logical thinking since you refuse to take the one thing that can measure it because you took shitty online ones

• +1
you can already know you have shit general logical thinking since you refuse to take the one thing that can measure it because you took shitty online ones
I am asking for other tests that test critical and logical thinking. I omitted IQ tests because I knew that would be the first thing people would post, but since the ones they would post would be online ones which like you said are shit, and I have already taken a considerable amount of them, it would make better sense to find some other alternatives. Obviously most online tests are going to be useless tbh, but take enough of them and you get a decent average on where you stand.

To be completely fair, any sort of test that measures thinking is probably useless in general. There are so many forms of intelligence and thinking, it is near impossible to measure it objectively. Most people do not even think the same on what even is considered intelligent. Is it problem solving? Adaptability? Long term thinking? Memorization? Persuasion? So many ways to measure intelligence it's crazy.