Got offered distractor for maxilla.

RichardwillImprove

RichardwillImprove

Zephir
Why is this never talked about it is basically Mse for maxilla didn’t know what it was until my surgeon mentioned it.

Attachments

• AA06E2AA-1F3D-4149-A244-D7B0D5EAC9CF.jpeg
    AA06E2AA-1F3D-4149-A244-D7B0D5EAC9CF.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 89
  • +1
Reactions: 6485b025t
Its just distraction osteogenesis Lefort 1

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax, SocietyIsSolipsistic and sandcelmuttcel
basically lefort 1

basically lefort 1
my doc said this shit has a device where the patient can basically advance it slowly just like Mse. Ive literally never heard of this shit before hes never preformed it either Ill be the first if I get it.

distracts me

yeah i think these surgeries will replace all the basic leforts and bssos unless theirs money involved. how many mm did he tell you he can advance cause with a typial lefort you can only do max 10 mm.

I mean you can advance more right? But how long it will take?
Also... most important how the screw work? You gotta have a hole in your face or something

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing
Whats that? Microimplants?

• JFL
Reactions: goat2x
This is still jaw surgery and still a LeFort I.

But instead of moving it where you want and plating it there with rigid plates and screws, a distractor is placed over the Osteotomy and for the next month or so you slowly move the maxilla.

This is not like MSE because you can’t just put it in without making an Osteotomy.

This is still jaw surgery and still a LeFort I.

But instead of moving it where you want and plating it there with rigid plates and screws, a distractor is placed over the Osteotomy and for the next month or so you slowly move the maxilla.

This is not like MSE because you can’t just put it in without making an Osteotomy.
So this would reduce recovery time?

So this would reduce recovery time?

No you are trading the unpleasant standard LeFort I recovery time for an even lengthier process and having distractors in your mouth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430 and Deleted member 7173
No you are trading the unpleasant standard LeFort I recovery time for an even lengthier process and having distractors in your mouth.
This could be lifefuel for people who want advancement, but don't want people to know they got surgery. Gradual advancement of the maxilla could be preferred under these reasons, unless I'm misinterpreting how this is performed

I don’t get the upside of this? Less recovery time or less invasive than Lefort 1? They still have to cut the maxilla. Might as well just use screws than this shitty thing.

Last edited:
This could be lifefuel for people who want advancement, but don't want people to know they got surgery. Gradual advancement of the maxilla could be preferred under these reasons, unless I'm misinterpreting how this is performed

Yes it is a gradual advancment but you are still going to be very swollen for a week after. And people will probably notice you have distractors in your mouth from how you talk.

The real advantage to this method is being able to advance more than a standard LeFort I.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173