Great uncle's prison storys: Why black people wear handkerchiefs on there heads and biting your toe nails in the prison shower

2d v2

2d v2

Kraken
My great uncle was an irish polish man who was responsible for drug running in Arkansas in the late 1960s and early 70s. He said he even ran the white lightning in a modded 57 cadillac coupe, but idk about that. I mean prohibition ended in like 1935. Anyways;

It was all about heroin and cocaine in the 70s.

The man went to prison for around five year in the mid 80s when huge crackdowns were taking place around the southern United States, I was able to find his personal record and he was imprisoned for involvement in organized crime. He said he worked with the Hell's Angels and they ran guns, drugs, and cheap liquor.

He said when he was in prison he witnessed some strange things. He had an African Amerian cell-mate who he was friends with in the joint, the man told him why black people wear bandanas. It wasn't because of gang signs, it was because they used this weird oil that was used in some of the motors and lanterns they used to have. That if they didn't oil their hair properly it wouldn't look as nice.

He also said the oil smelled almost noxious and it reminded him of a really strong deodorant smell, but with almost a paint thinner kind of smell. When the jar was opened, it smelled so much that inmates in other smells started gagging. Later on when he asked another african inmate about the oil, he said he had never heard of it before, and the bandanas were not used to keep oil on the head.

Biting toe nails in the prison shower:

Many inmates were apparently very old and had some really weird habits. One of the most nasty things he witnessed was this dude who frequently had conversations with ghosts had a shower ritual; He would get down on the ground, lift his leg up, and bite off his toe nails. Apparently his toe nails and feet were yellow and looked absolutely foul.
My uncle said the first time he did this, the dude lifted up his leg and his ass hair was absolutely digusting, like covered in shit. Other inmates would yell and insult the poor guy too.

Anyways thats it for now.