Growing taller but weight staying the same…fat not decreasing either

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
I've grown taller over the past year, but my weight has stayed the same. But I haven't gotten skinnier fat-wise; my body fat percentage has stayed pretty much the same too.

What may be going on? Could I have been losing muscle mass and/or bone density?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12303
Calculating body fat is difficult, who knows if you're measuring right.

Can you see a difference in your muscle mass?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Calculating body fat is difficult, who knows if you're measuring right.

Can you see a difference in your muscle mass?

No

Height probably hasn't increased enough to make a noticeable difference in body composition. Body fat probably decreased a little bit but it can be hard to notice small hanges

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7785, AlexAP and thecel
I've grown taller over the past year, but my weight has stayed the same. But I haven't gotten skinnier fat-wise; my body fat percentage has stayed pretty much the same too.

What may be going on? Could I have been losing muscle mass and/or bone density?
greencel moment. you are eating the calories you burn, so you're weight isn't changing

fat wont decrease if you grow taller it just readjusts to different body parts giving that skinnier look

greencel moment. you are eating the calories you burn, so you're weight isn't changing

No shit. What I want to know is what’s being lost meanwhile my height is increasing. If my weight and body fat remain constant when height goes up, something else must be lost. Bone mass, muscle mass, etc.?

Last edited:
fat wont decrease if you grow taller it just readjusts to different body parts giving that skinnier look

This is fascinating. The math just doesn’t work. It makes no fucking sense and blows my mind.

If height increases and fat mass stays the same, the fat readjusts to different body parts giving a skinnier look like you said.

But I DON’T look skinnier now compared to 1 year ago. Therefore, fat mass couldn’t’ve stayed the same; it must’ve increased.

If fat mass increases and body weight stays the same, body fat percentage goes up. But since I look the same fatness-wise as I looked a year ago, my BF% did not increase.

If BF% stays the same, and so does body weight, fat mass must be the same too. If fat mass stays the same, I must look skinnier because my height has increased. But I don’t look skinnier.

How tf does this shit work bro help me understand!

-150 calorie deficit
push
pull
neck
train 3x a week

the best low inhib plan to normalise hormones at your age

• +1
Reactions: thecel