[GTFIH] Sunscreen might be a gigacope/meme when it comes to preventing aging

high iq, high effort, legit af thread.

does anyone here still use (((sunscreen))) in 2022?

I just avoid the sun..? Just dont be in the sun and that’s already reducing almost all risk

Who is wanting to live their entire life obsessing over putting on creams and shit like a woman

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Who is wanting to live their entire life obsessing over putting on creams and shit like a woman
literally

its a common knowledge to not go out in the times when sun exposes the most harm

literally

its a common knowledge to not go out in the times when sun exposes the most harm

Yeah i mean there is a lot of super common knowledge that is somehow presented as groundbreaking ideas on this forum 😄

I avoid the sun, it’s not hard. And if you have to go out, wear a tshirt on the beach and cover your face

I can put some sunscreen on the face if its extremely sunny but that is like a few days out the year

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Also read comments from that reddit post, interesting one:

View attachment 1643028
Nothing will safe u from thin undereye skin and nasolabial folds if ur maxilla is recessed. Most people have these problem due to downswung maxilla and they think thats ageing , my dad , his brother both has literally been in sun all life their whole body is light skin with face dark as hell and i look like am 30 at 18 . My skin is literally worse than my father . Its due to extremely recessed maxilla, with small palate as they usually come together but not always and collapsed skull like that guy is talking about there . U just need good food and forward grown face.
Images 16
these are the type of men i see here cause i live in a desert type very warm area . Their skin is like completely tight and intact no wrinkles too

sunscreen is legit imo but I'd say it mostly has an effect on the "finer" skin structure like minimizing fine lines and sun spots. just like tret and botox.

when it comes to actual sagging like in some of these pics, that's probably mostly to do with the soft and hard tissue make up of your face. aka bones and fat and how it changes over time. faces with lots of "flat" areas (due to suboptimal bone structure underneath, ie flat cheeks) tend to age worse ime.

leto's bone structure for example doesn't leave lots of room for a whole lot of sagging because his bones keeps everything relatively firm (combine that with the botox and shit he gets and he'll age better than 99%+ of people):
View attachment 1643513

tl;dr if you want to age well you gotta look at the bone and fat tissue structure of your face rather than just skin
This tbh

Best thread on this site. 28 but look 15 years old because I've never worn sunscreen in my life.

Average sunscreen user:
screenshot-2023-07-20-at-2-17-43-pm-png.2331224

Best thread on this site. 28 but look 15 years old because I've never worn sunscreen in my life.

Average sunscreen user:
screenshot-2023-07-20-at-2-17-43-pm-png.2331224
Thats not bc you never used sunscreen but just ur genes and collagen.

• Hmm...
Reactions: rubberduck