(GTFIH!) This site's genetic and epigenetic editing era is impending in a few years!

it sounds good in theory but in reality i'm guessing it will be a shit show of causing cancers and tumours

• +1
Reactions: Jew_Supremacist, FreakkForLife, Deleted member 18776 and 1 other person
This thread is meaningless and fake, don't pay attention to it.
I would disagree. It is a valid topic to take into account, but we are so oblivious to mechanisms of genetic expression that it is a science fiction of its own kind - so far. We need self-driven individuals who are able to make discoveries in this field. Had it been any different with extraction of urea, we would not have been developing organic chemistry to the point that even with ability to extract specific peptides, there are still projects that take more than 5 years and result in small molecule akin to its function. It may be that some user will adhere to it and be the person.

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir and ChristianChad
Most people struggle enormously with basic organic chemistry. Modifying genome is like end-game activity. There will be very few people to make sufficient contribution for a long time. The fact that focusing solely on biotechnology will give you a cheese related job at best does not help its development.
To be honest, I hope it will progress quickly as well, too, but we must be realistic about it.
CRISPR was found in the 2010s, it has progressed a lot since then.

JUST IN;
50 people end up dying on incel forum "Looksmax" forum trying to "ascend" by injecting themselves with unresearched , dangerous genes

• JFL
Reactions: RAITEIII, Jew_Supremacist and Stopping@Nothing19
it sounds good in theory but in reality i'm guessing it will be a shit show of causing cancers and tumours
I can bet money on this claim. It will take a loooong time and probably result in conflicts about further development along the way.

• +1
Reactions: Stopping@Nothing19
This thread is meaningless and fake, don't pay attention to it.

Don't make baseless claims next time.

• Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, ChristianChad and BasedPsychiatrist
can u imagine paying 100 million just for it to become 1000$ 10 years later jfl
Better for future people. It'll be cheaper in the future as well.

Notice all these staff accounts on here... I am convinced this account @ enchanted_elixir is not managed by a single user, and these threads by him are just structured like whatever usually gets attention and seems high quality
Why? Do you think that my threads are too high quality to be real?

So did overall technology. We are not talking about tools, we are talking about developing knowledge which puts the current to shame. We are still looking at tandem sequences or something similar to choosing best samples and letting them be.
CRISPR was found in the 2010s, it has progressed a lot since then.
View attachment 1725504

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, enchanted_elixir and ChristianChad
Mods having a staff meeting rn...
Don't cry when we become the biological elite and are the biological Brahmins of the biological caste system by 2065. You'll be nothing but a baseline human dalit.

If done incorrectly. Which I will make sure to avoid.
You'd also need uncontrolled growth to get cancers and tumors as well.

Don't make baseless claims next time.
Brother, not a single person who'll be on this thread until the day this address is permanently deleted when the site shuts down will ever undergo any kind of gene therapy like the ones you mentioned for "looks". Even if it was possible it will never be even slightly similar to getting surgeries like ones mentioned on here, in comparison jaw surgeries will seem like commodities, this is the equivalent of getting Limb Lengthening and custom Lefort 4 which brings forward your entire front skull and skull base. It will be impractical unless you're very rich or high up or whatever. Hence why I think this is meaningless thread

Just to let the fantasy be.
Genetic engineering seems to me as the pinnacle of science and art. We could not only pursue things we admire, but experience something that does not exist yet. It is like looking at what can come out of fundamental properties of this universe. At its true nature and limitations. I am sure it will the most horrible, but at the same time, the most important road we are about to take.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ThousandCuts, FreakkForLife and KING REIDYZ
Brother, not a single person who'll be on this thread until the day this address is permanently deleted when the site shuts down will ever undergo any kind of gene therapy like the ones you mentioned for "looks". Even if it was possible it will never be even slightly similar to getting surgeries like ones mentioned on here, in comparison jaw surgeries will seem like commodities, this is the equivalent of getting Limb Lengthening and custom Lefort 4 which brings forward your entire front skull and skull base. It will be impractical unless you're very rich or high up or whatever. Hence why I think this is meaningless thread
  1. I can sell it on the black market and send people here links.
  2. "Too expensive"

Observe how the prices of the kits above roughly coincides with the prices on the chart. This will get cheaper over time if anything.

The only roadblock is knowledge, and it's a huge one.
Don't make baseless claims.

Trust me, some people will try this from me. If they get results and report no side effects, more people will do it, etc.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Fahkumram, FreakkForLife and 3 others
Probably, it won't be this or that, but a combination of both. At some point we will have to look at regeneration ability that some animals posses. Those weren't meaningful to us as the natural selection shows, but given our current resources, implementing such a function may be beneficial. It's a game of guessing so far, but I wouldn't judge it so harshly.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
The information I am learning is one to die for :love:

I'm learning a lot about CRISPR and how we could do things to our genetics and epigenome to modify and enhance our attractiveness. The things I have found are fucking profound, to say the least! In a few years' time, we'll be seeing threads like this!

View attachment 1725449
The information I am learning is one to die for :love:

I'm learning a lot about CRISPR and how we could do things to our genetics and epigenome to modify and enhance our attractiveness. The things I have found are fucking profound, to say the least! In a few years' time, we'll be seeing threads like this!

View attachment 1725449
What sites do you use to do research/ learn new things?

JUST IN;
50 people end up dying on incel forum "Looksmax" forum trying to "ascend" by injecting themselves with unresearched , dangerous genes
I'll have to conduct research.

• +1
Reactions: Racky
Probably, it won't be this or that, but a combination of both. At some point we will have to look at regeneration ability that some animals posses. Those weren't meaningful to us as the natural selection shows, but given our current resources, implementing such a function may be beneficial. It's a game of guessing so far, but I wouldn't judge it so harshly.
  2. "Too expensive"
View attachment 1725541
View attachment 1725542
View attachment 1725544
View attachment 1725546
Observe how the prices of the kits above roughly coincides with the prices on the chart. This will get cheaper over time if anything.
View attachment 1725552
View attachment 1725553

Trust me, some people will try this from me. If they get results and report no side effects, more people will do it, etc.
Still w cosmetic thread:lul:

would any of these gene edits pass on to kids?

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ
stop coping, this will be a slow and arduous process

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker
I would genetically edit myself to be the fish man from resident evil. He is my spirit creature.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ThousandCuts, Fahkumram and enchanted_elixir
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero
View attachment 1726197
View attachment 1726204
View attachment 1726198
View attachment 1726199
View attachment 1726202

The only thing that may be slow and arduous is me learning how to do this.
this will only benefit your children at best and there will be 100 ogred kids for every improvement :feelshmm:

• Hmm...
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
Make my children into Chad please

• JFL
Stop tagging me in this shit I don't care

• JFL
Reactions: Fahkumram
  2. "Too expensive"
View attachment 1725541
View attachment 1725542
View attachment 1725544
View attachment 1725546
View attachment 1725552
View attachment 1725553

Will your try this on yourself?
When?

• JFL
Shit'll prolly be expensive AF. Over for brokecels. Good thing I'm cartelmaxxing for them greens. :ogre:

• +1
theres hope for skin tone and hair loss modification. thank god.

JUST IN;
LMAOOOOOOO

yo @enchanted_elixir I know you like this kind of stuff to a very profound degree but be careful okay.
I used to watch this guy called Leo and Longevity, he was into similar stuff like you and died an early death.

also I'll probably tag you when I release my full looksmaxxing plan so you can rate it, softmaxxing XTREME pretty much

• +1
yo @enchanted_elixir I know you like this kind of stuff to a very profound degree but be careful okay.
I used to watch this guy called Leo and Longevity, he was into similar stuff like you and died an early death.

also I'll probably tag you when I release my full looksmaxxing plan so you can rate it, softmaxxing XTREME pretty much
He got murdered in Thailand apparently, rip ๐Ÿ˜ข

I'm not as interested as I was before

I'm not as interested as I was before
its not as easy as just editing words in notepad or something like that :lul:
my guess is that they will contain it, just like AI, in super practical applications , such as removing cancerous/malignant genes in embrio state, those that cause early deaths .......before birth
Its not like it will ever be socially acceptable to just show up in 2 months with a different head and body, due to gene editing, even if you are rich af :feelskek:
most likely just rich ppl editing their future kids behind closed doors...

congrats for becoming MOD, btw :Comfy:

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back