GTFIH Want to switch Majors. Currently doing Economics

audimax

audimax

Adidasmaxxed Chad
I completed 1st year out of 3 (big Uni, Bachelor) of Economics. However I have concerns about this degree:

- I think a lot of office work will be replaced by AI in the future
- My degree doesnt have a lot of opportunities for remote work and I want to become a passport bro in the future, going back to the country I came from in Eastern Europe with Western salary I would be Giga Mogger, especially cause the girls there look better, act better and are not as westernized and the men are Ogre and broke alcoholics

I want to maybe switch to a Bachelors of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence because it sounds like a more promising career prospects and also better possibilities to work from home.

However my problem is that I am currently already 29 and my CV is already shit (no completed education, unemployed, low tier jobs) so that would just be another L to the list. And I dont know if what I am saying is actually true, maybe I am just bullshitting.

What do you guys think?

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66
I probably would stay

• +1
Reactions: Prince88 and chaddyboi66
Do you see possibilities of Passport Bro maxxing?
0 None, idk what country your at if its a nation in the Union you should be able to transfer courses.

If you want to passport bro max you need to get into tech or sales these are the only industries with remote roles. Econ wont help break into these

• +1
Reactions: Fundz and chaddyboi66
Maybe I can do the right modules to be able to switch to a remote job after? For example, we can do (each has 6 CP, so 1 module):

- AI for companies
- Digitalization of the individual
- Basics in Management of Digital Transformation
- business informatics

And to maybe skip shit like political economics, finance and shit like that, I am not chad in Ivy league

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
0 None, idk what country your at if its a nation in the Union you should be able to transfer courses.

If you want to passport bro max you need to get into tech or sales these are the only industries with remote roles. Econ wont help break into these
I just think because of my shitty CV the best I can go for is manage a local store or do shit like accounting. Basically just wageslaving 50 hours a week. But in tech less people would give a fuck about my CV and I could sell myself better like "I got my shit together".

Whats shitty is also that I am from germany, everything is still oldschool here, people look more at formal shit like CV. Not like in the US. I rotted too much in my life

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
To be honest, I don’t think AI is the future. I think it’s just a temporary fad which will go away in a few years.

To be honest, I don’t think AI is the future. I think it’s just a temporary fad which will go away in a few years.
A lot of people already lost their job though and it is only going to get more advanced

A lot of people already lost their job though and it is only going to get more advanced
Maybe. But I believe it’s still going to change a couple of years from now. Let’s say, 5.

• +1
Reactions: audimax
Maybe. But I believe it’s still going to change a couple of years from now. Let’s say, 5.
Tbh I feel like shit in my current situation. If I were in the US, I could just be a delivery driver for 60k and work on something else. Life and pay is shitty here and I feel lost on what I should do. I was broke my whole life and at the moment I am working part time and studying full time just for the light at the end of the tunnel being remote accounting as that it the only job in my field that offers remote work.

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Tbh I feel like shit in my current situation. If I were in the US, I could just be a delivery driver for 60k and work on something else. Life and pay is shitty here and I feel lost on what I should do. I was broke my whole life and at the moment I am working part time and studying full time just for the light at the end of the tunnel being remote accounting as that it the only job in my field that offers remote work.
I live in the Netherlands. Pay may be shit, but cost of living is also lower. We have it pretty good as well. I also don’t have any money but I’m going to college now, starting next week and I will get money from student loans. We are gonna make it brah.

• +1
I live in the Netherlands. Pay may be shit, but cost of living is also lower. We have it pretty good as well. I also don’t have any money but I’m going to college now, starting next week and I will get money from student loans. We are gonna make it brah.
What are you going to study, do you have any specific plans for the future and your life?

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Are you me? 29 too and literally have the same plan as you (except that I already have a STEM degree) and want to pivot into Data science/analysis to eventually get a remote job and move back to eastern europe where life is dirt cheap.

Can't tell you how to switch from an econ degree though, but maybe you could aim for a business analyst role with your finance background.

Also don't know which EE country you're from but in mine it's not just "Ogres and broke alcoholics". Guys on average are more masculine than in Europe/Canada + quite a lot of them are already remoteworkmaxxing for western companies. With that being said we would still gigamog if we can make it happen, as long as your company doesn't cut your pay in half cause you moved to a cheap country.

Good luck OP, I think we can make it Inchallah

• +1
What are u gonna major in coding? AI? Or program development?

What are u gonna major in coding? AI? Or program development?
Computer science. Not AI, but we will learn a few things about it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155
What do u do in computer science? is it coding?
I haven’t started yet. I’ll know when I study. But I have subjects like “programming.”

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155