Guide for moving hyoid bone for my felow recessed dudes (results with pics)

HollowCheek

HollowCheek

Cope everywhere
This thread is recommended for ppl like me who have recessed lower third and want to fix it

Intro

Hyoid bone is one of the most important bones in your face especially when it comes to the side profile. If you achieve upper place of hyoid bone it will fraud that look of strong jaw and good forward

Lifefuel is that it can be moved WITHOUT any cosmetical surgery because its basically not that connected to your skelet.

Exercises

I will start from the most important to less importabr exercise

1) Posture and hyoid mewing

Basically basic straight posture and hyoid mewing. To sum up this is a special mewing when you push the back part of your tongue as much as you can while mewing. So much that you almosr can’t breath through your nose.

I wont elaborate this cuz there is actually a good thread on it which describes everything about hyoid mewing

2) Chin tucks

Chin tucks are the second most important exercise. Do at least 30 chintucks per day with holding for 10 secs each.

3) Hyoid exercise

On the article that i shared below, the subjects's ages ranged from 68 to 80.

You just open your jaw as fast as you can and close it again as fast as you can.

C52A3ACA D279 4295 A43A 0D543721898C

Rentgen results (not mine)

3C512BB7 4266 4BDB 8D3E FC03A8A9F281
12A1526F 7C39 4A13 B8D6 0715DE3111DA

My results and to sum up
I think that mewing for hyoid bone helped me the most. I can see kinda of changes in my forward but no as much as I do in my hyoid bone. Also if you fraud little bit after moving your hyoid bone with angle of your posture (as me on the third pic) you can see that I look like I have forward af eventhough I am still recessed. That’s why you should do it. Took me around 2 years+

80E9ED8F 1F44 4D3E 8926 3C66A1375727

88A60060 BB16 4E66 B608 CD420D9E7211

The last is kinda frauded with angle but i still think its a decent result

C2EFFFFE 936B 4C91 8104 1E0DE626B6E8

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, KING REIDYZ and 9 others
Probably cope but I’ll give it a try

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aleksander, niqfan625 and KING REIDYZ
@Krakowski @Xangsane @Preston @SurgeryEnjoyer @Faustus @BloodClot
@Reformed

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Xangsane
Jut your lower jaw forwards and you will see your hyoid going up and your submental region improving in general. I'm unironically considering bimax cuz of my fucked up submental in profile view, despite not being clinically recessed and having a normal bite without any tmj issues. A deep necklift would be another potential solution but I am sceptical about the results. Btw your case isn't that bad.

• +1
Reactions: HollowCheek
Jut your lower jaw forwards and you will see your hyoid going up and your submental region improving in general. I'm unironically considering bimax cuz of my fucked up submental in profile view, despite not being clinically recessed and having a normal bite without any tmj issues. A deep necklift would be another potential solution but I am sceptical about the results. Btw your case isn't that bad.
Jutting seems unhealthy to me honestly + it can crook your teeth. Try this honestly, much better

Jutting seems unhealthy to me honestly + it can crook your teeth. Try this honestly, much better
Bruh you are not supposed to jut at all. I its just simulating your lower jaw being moved forward after bimax to see the submental result more or less.

• Hmm...
Bruh you are not supposed to jut at all. I its just simulating your lower jaw being moved forward after bimax to see the submental result more or less.
When I try to jut honestly all I get is incredible horse midface. Harmony is ruined completely

• Hmm...
Reactions: aesthete
Good thread. Good to see some quality knowledge

• +1
Good thread. Good to see some quality knowledge
Thanks but it seems like greycels wont even read it so kinda useless to post these threads here anymore

• +1
Reactions: zenflix
Thanks but it seems like greycels wont even read it so kinda useless to post these threads here anymore
100%. That's why I stopped posting high-IQ content

• So Sad
Reactions: bloomercel and HollowCheek
This thread is recommended for ppl like me who have recessed lower third and want to fix it

Intro

Hyoid bone is one of the most important bones in your face especially when it comes to the side profile. If you achieve upper place of hyoid bone it will fraud that look of strong jaw and good forward

Lifefuel is that it can be moved WITHOUT any cosmetical surgery because its basically not that connected to your skelet.

Exercises

Basically basic straight posture and hyoid mewing. To sum up this is a special mewing when you push the back part of your tongue as much as you can while mewing. So much that you almosr can’t breath through your nose.

I wont elaborate this cuz there is actually a good thread on it which describes everything about hyoid mewing

2) Chin tucks

Chin tucks are the second most important exercise. Do at least 30 chintucks per day with holding for 10 secs each.

3) Hyoid exercise

You just open your jaw as fast as you can and close it again as fast as you can.

View attachment 2488406

View attachment 2488408View attachment 2488409

My results and to sum up
I think that mewing for hyoid bone helped me the most. I can see kinda of changes in my forward but no as much as I do in my hyoid bone. Also if you fraud little bit after moving your hyoid bone with angle of your posture (as me on the third pic) you can see that I look like I have forward af eventhough I am still recessed. That’s why you should do it. Took me around 2 years+

View attachment 2488423

View attachment 2488424

View attachment 2488428
even though your chin is still very recessed you have a good side profile imo

• +1
its all fine while you're mouth is closed
is your hyoid still tight when you talk ??

bro open your dms i want to ask you

Intro

Exercises

2) Chin tucks

3) Hyoid exercise

View attachment 2488406

View attachment 2488408View attachment 2488409

My results and to sum up

View attachment 2488423

View attachment 2488424

View attachment 2488428
Bookmarked

All you did was move your tongue jfl

its all fine while you're mouth is closed
is your hyoid still tight when you talk ??

it is not as tight as it is when I am not talking (same with propper tongue posture) but over time if you do these things your hyoid bone will move permanently.

For example I got incredibly low hyoid bone (first photo) and when I was talkin i literally had no jawline. When I started doing this my hyoid is actually really tight while not talking and when I am talking it is little bit lower but still better than in the first pic when I was not talking.

This means you will almost not see a difference after a long time and you will have tight hyoid even you are talking but if you focus on it it will be kinda lower than when you are for example pushing your tongue to the back of your mouth (explained in the post “hyoid mewing”)