Guide to getting rid off acne and acne scars

D

Deleted member 4310

Kraken
I'm bored so I figured I could gather all the non-cope ways to deal with acne. As you all know acne is the bane of my existance, I hope that this guide will help and motivate fellow acnecels to do deal with their skin. Keep in mind that there are other ways to deal with acne such as over-the-counter treatments but it might not make a substantial difference, this guide will focus on solutions that are pretty much guaranteed to work. The exception is diet but I included it because it's potentially an easy skinmax.

Here is some info about over-the-counter treatments:

The importance of having clear skin for social life:

Brutal study on acne scars, I recommend everybody to read it to get your daily blackpill but here are some excerpts:

" In comparison to the pictures of those with clear skin, those with acne scars were less likely to be considered attractive, confident, happy, healthy and successful, and more likely to be perceived as insecure and shy (all p < 0.05; Table). "

"Those with scars were thought less likely to be hired for a job after a job interview (78% vs 82%; p < 0.05), to be seen as a good entrepreneur (19% vs 23%; p < 0.05) or to have a promising future (78% vs 84%; p < 0.05) than those with clear skin. "

"This study demonstrates that those with acne scars are perceived differently—with unfavorable attributes. Furthermore, the skin is more frequently the first facial feature noticed if an individual has acne scars vs clear skin. "

The importance of having acne-free skin for attractiveness:

Don't need a study for this one, look at this man, he goes from full blown incel to high-tier normie. Clear skin is imperative for maxing out your looks. If your acne is bad enough then getting rid off it will benefit you more than most surgeries.

How to deal with acne:

1. Diet

"Participants on the low-glycemic-load diet experienced greater reductions in total lesion counts and inflammatory lesions compared to those on the control diet. In addition to an improvement in acne, volunteers on the low-glycemic diet also experienced an increase in insulin sensitivity and significant changes in androgen levels"

If you are not adhering to a low glycemic diet then this is your first step. it might help.

2. Tretinoin/Retin a

"The scientific rationale for use of topical retinoids in acne is clear. Clinical data from many thousands of patients show these agents are highly efficacious on both noninflammatory and inflammatory acne lesions. Expert groups and evidence-based guidelines agree that topical retinoids should be considered the foundation of acne therapy"

How to use:
  1. Apply once a day, preferably before bed.
  2. Squeeze about half an inch or less of the cream or gel onto your fingertips.
  3. Gently apply to the specific areas on your skin where you need it to work.
  4. The medication should fade into your skin right away. If it doesn’t, try using a little less the next day.
  5. Keep in mind that using a larger amount of tretinoin or using it more often won’t make it work faster. In fact, it could cause skin irritation.
Where can I get it?

You can get it prescribed from a doctor or you could order it from alldaychemist if you're an Americancel. I haven't found any site that shipped to Europe but it would be great if somebody could link it so I can edit it in.

3. Accutane

This should be your last resort if nothing else works. I don't recomment taking it without consulting with a doctor first because it has adverse side effects. I will not write much about this because you should get all the information from your doctor anyways. Success rate is close to 100% so I highly recommend this to those with severe acne. It will change your life.

How to get rid off acne scars:

Getting rid of the acne itself is unfortunately only the first battle for some people, if you are unfortunate enough to get scars there are multiple solutions.

1. Microneedling

"All patients completed the study and showed clinical improvement of post-acne atrophic scars appearance and skin texture. A noticeable enhancement in skin appearance, post-acne scars, and patient satisfaction was observed in response to skin microneedling treatment when compared to baseline"

How? This can be performed by a professional or at home. If you do it at home you can save some money. The needles have to be at least 1.5mm for it to have any effect on acne scars otherwise you are being jewed.

Cost: Around $200 per session, you need multiple sessions.

2. Peels

"An open label, comparative study first evaluated the safety and efficacy the CROSS technique for acne scars in Asians and using two concentrations of TCA, 65% and 100%. While both groups showed improvement, the number of treatments received was proportional to the degree of improvement and that 100% TCA was more effective than 65% TCA"

"In the treatment of acne scars, the most commonly used peel is TCA at concentrations of 35 to 100% either alone or in combination with another peeling agent, such as Jessner's solution. Lower concentrations are useful for atrophic boxcar scars or rolling scars"

"However, notwithstanding the level of evidence of the studies that were cited, chemical peeling stands a useful adjuvant in the management of acne and as a first line therapy for acne scars. Most of the peeling agents were evaluated to be safe, efficacious, and easy to administer. Compared to newer machine-based technologies for acne and acne scars, chemical peeling is affordable and with minimal downtime, and can be performed in any dermatologist's office "

How? This should be performed by a professional

Cost: Around $150 per session, you may need multiple treatments.

3. Ablative fractional CO2 Laser

"One study (16 patients) studied the effects of the ablative fractional CO2 laser either in isolation (31.2% little or no response, 68.8% fair or good response) or alongside with intradermal PRP (12.5% little or no response, 87.5% fair or good response). Another study (12 patients) achieved good improvement in scar texture and atrophy with the ablative fractional CO2 laser. Compared to the non-ablative fractional Er-Glass laser, Cho et al. (eight patients) achieved slightly superior results with the ablative fractional CO2 laser"

Cost: Around $600 for one session, you may need multiple sessions.

Different types of acne scars:

There are four different types of scars and some treatments are better suited for different scars. Honestly i'm fucking tired and i'm wagecucking tomorrow so i'm just gonna post a picture of them, you can see what type of scars you have and google can help you find the best treatment, some treatments are good for most scars tho. Ice pick scars are the hardest to get rid off.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: urielRanhel, polishcel, better human and 40 others
high IQ

• +1
Reactions: ripikke and RealSurgerymax
every skin guide is the same lmfao. u can summarize it in 3 words - dermaroll, retin-a, diet

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, jonahofdorena, leopold123 and 15 others
I'm bored so I figured I could gather all the non-cope ways to deal with acne. As you all know acne is the bane of my existance, I hope that this guide will help and motivate fellow acnecels to do deal with their skin. Keep in mind that there are other ways to deal with acne such as over-the-counter treatments but it might not make a substantial difference, this guide will focus on solutions that are pretty much guaranteed to work. The exception is diet but I included it because it's potentially an easy skinmax.

Brutal study on acne scars, I recommend everybody to read it to get your daily blackpill but here are some excerpts:

" In comparison to the pictures of those with clear skin, those with acne scars were less likely to be considered attractive, confident, happy, healthy and successful, and more likely to be perceived as insecure and shy (all p < 0.05; Table). "

"Those with scars were thought less likely to be hired for a job after a job interview (78% vs 82%; p < 0.05), to be seen as a good entrepreneur (19% vs 23%; p < 0.05) or to have a promising future (78% vs 84%; p < 0.05) than those with clear skin. "

"This study demonstrates that those with acne scars are perceived differently—with unfavorable attributes. Furthermore, the skin is more frequently the first facial feature noticed if an individual has acne scars vs clear skin. "

Don't need a study for this one, look at this man, he goes from full blown incel to high-tier normie. Clear skin is imperative for maxing out your looks. If your acne is bad enough then getting rid off it will benefit you more than most surgeries.

View attachment 643981

How to deal with acne:

1. Diet

"Participants on the low-glycemic-load diet experienced greater reductions in total lesion counts and inflammatory lesions compared to those on the control diet. In addition to an improvement in acne, volunteers on the low-glycemic diet also experienced an increase in insulin sensitivity and significant changes in androgen levels"

If you are not adhering to a low glycemic diet then this is your first step. it might help.

2. Tretinoin/Retin a

"The scientific rationale for use of topical retinoids in acne is clear. Clinical data from many thousands of patients show these agents are highly efficacious on both noninflammatory and inflammatory acne lesions. Expert groups and evidence-based guidelines agree that topical retinoids should be considered the foundation of acne therapy"

How to use:
  4. The medication should fade into your skin right away. If it doesn’t, try using a little less the next day.
  5. Keep in mind that using a larger amount of tretinoin or using it more often won’t make it work faster. In fact, it could cause skin irritation.
Where can I get it?

You can get it prescribed from a doctor or you could order it from alldaychemist if you're an Americancel. I haven't found any site that shipped to Europe but it would be great if somebody could link it so I can edit it in.

3. Accutane

This should be your last resort if nothing else works. I don't recomment taking it without consulting with a doctor first because it has adverse side effects. I will not write much about this because you should get all the information from your doctor anyways.

Getting rid of the acne itself is unfortunately only the first battle for some people, if you are unfortunate enough to get scars there are multiple solutions.

1. Microneedling

"All patients completed the study and showed clinical improvement of post-acne atrophic scars appearance and skin texture. A noticeable enhancement in skin appearance, post-acne scars, and patient satisfaction was observed in response to skin microneedling treatment when compared to baseline"

How? This can be performed by a professional or at home. If you do it at home you can save some money. The needles have to be at least 1.5mm for it to have any effect on acne scars otherwise you are being jewed.

2. Peels

"An open label, comparative study first evaluated the safety and efficacy the CROSS technique for acne scars in Asians and using two concentrations of TCA, 65% and 100%. While both groups showed improvement, the number of treatments received was proportional to the degree of improvement and that 100% TCA was more effective than 65% TCA"

"In the treatment of acne scars, the most commonly used peel is TCA at concentrations of 35 to 100% either alone or in combination with another peeling agent, such as Jessner's solution. Lower concentrations are useful for atrophic boxcar scars or rolling scars"

"However, notwithstanding the level of evidence of the studies that were cited, chemical peeling stands a useful adjuvant in the management of acne and as a first line therapy for acne scars. Most of the peeling agents were evaluated to be safe, efficacious, and easy to administer. Compared to newer machine-based technologies for acne and acne scars, chemical peeling is affordable and with minimal downtime, and can be performed in any dermatologist's office "

"One study (16 patients) studied the effects of the ablative fractional CO2 laser either in isolation (31.2% little or no response, 68.8% fair or good response) or alongside with intradermal PRP (12.5% little or no response, 87.5% fair or good response). Another study (12 patients) achieved good improvement in scar texture and atrophy with the ablative fractional CO2 laser. Compared to the non-ablative fractional Er-Glass laser, Cho et al. (eight patients) achieved slightly superior results with the ablative fractional CO2 laser"

There are four different types of scars and some treatments are better suited for different scars. Honestly i'm fucking tired and i'm wagecucking tomorrow so i'm just gonna post a picture of them, you can see what type of scars you have and google can help you find the best treatment, some treatments are good for most scars tho. Ice pick scars are the hardest to get rid off.

View attachment 643972
Nigga take the accutane pill for fucks sake jesus christ

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, nordicel, DOggo and 2 others
every skin guide is the same lmfao. u can summarize it in 3 words - dermaroll, retin-a, diet
Everything in this thread can be found on this forum but I wanted to gather them in one thread.

Also acne scars are a personal issue for me so I just felt like making a thread.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Lmao, Chadelite and 3 others
So nobody was interested in this?

• So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: jonahofdorena, Lmao and ReverseNorwoodPill
Thx for sharing. Quality post.

Gonna purchase Retin-A. Which % should I get as a newbie? I have a breakout of zits here and there from time to time and have some mild to moderate acne scars especially on cheeks.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 4310
Thx for sharing. Quality post.

Gonna purchase Retin-A. Which % should I get as a newbie? I have a breakout of zits here and there from time to time and have some mild to moderate acne scars especially on cheeks.
Seems like 0,5% is best but i'll probably start with less because I have to get it through a fucking doctor here in Sweden.

Do you have any ice pick scars? If you don't then you're lucky, I have all four types :feelsrope:

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
Also acne scars are a personal issue for me so I just felt like making a thread.
What improvement have you achieved and with what procedures?
What about subcision?
In my country nobody does subscision, but it is described as best for rolling scars, so I'm thinking about visiting some doc abroad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310
What improvement have you achieved and with what procedures?
What about subcision?
In my country nobody does subscision, but it is described as best for rolling scars, so I'm thinking about visiting some doc abroad.
I have done 3 microneedling sessions and the results are pretty good, however this is only good for rolling and box scars. I haven't done a peel yet but I will when i'm done with microneedling.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
I've done 1 session with "Lutronic Infini". Not sure about result and wheather I should have more sessions or it's waste of money.
I have rolling and boxcar scars.

• +1
Seems like 0,5% is best but i'll probably start with less because I have to get it through a fucking doctor here in Sweden.

Do you have any ice pick scars? If you don't then you're lucky, I have all four types :feelsrope:
I think I have rolling scars

• +1
My acne didn’t get better till I took accutane for 6 months. As for the scars I did 3 sessions of laser resurfacing and 2 chemical peels but the results weren’t visible till 2-3 months later. Now I’m just doing simple skin care routine at home every other day and mild chemical peel once a week. My skin looks way more smooth and glowing than before .

• +1
Does Retin-A helps fade Acne scars? Or it's mostly for treating acne itself?

• +1
I've done 1 session with "Lutronic Infini". Not sure about result and wheather I should have more sessions or it's waste of money.
I have rolling and boxcar scars.
Sounds like a jewish scam, do microneedling instead with 1.5mm needles.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Does Retin-A helps fade Acne scars? Or it's mostly for treating acne itself?
It's just for the acne itself

Scars are hard to get rid off, there's no cream or gel that will work against it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Deleted member 4310
Sounds like a jewish scam, do microneedling instead with 1.5mm needles.
I had 3 passes with Infini with 1, 2 and 3mm depth.
Here is appropriate case study with Infini.
Does your scars look like on that photos or worse? Mine are way worse.

• +1
I had 3 passes with Infini with 1, 2 and 3mm depth.
Here is appropriate case study with Infini.
Does your scars look like on that photos or worse? Mine are way worse.
Mine are worse, it's over.

@personalityinkwell I just remembered that you messaged me about acne scars, here is a guide.

@personalityinkwell I just remembered that you messaged me about acne scars, here is a guide.
thanks

I am actually getting microneedling surgery this week

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: malignant and Deleted member 4310

View attachment 643981

How to deal with acne:

1. Diet

2. Tretinoin/Retin a

How to use:
Where can I get it?

3. Accutane

This should be your last resort if nothing else works. I don't recomment taking it without consulting with a doctor first because it has adverse side effects. I will not write much about this because you should get all the information from your doctor anyways. Success rate is close to 100% so I highly recommend this to those with severe acne. It will change your life.

1. Microneedling

2. Peels

View attachment 643972
The acne scars on my cheeks are pretty bad they are rolling and boxcar rest of my face is fine, I have a hypertophic scar on my nose, My dermatologist says I need to get microneedling done like 4-5 times, will this work bro, I might even try a chemical peel, I don't get acne anymore I just have these fucking scars, fml, I skipped my friends b-day party because of my acne scars I hate them so much, age 16 btw

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 4310
The acne scars on my cheeks are pretty bad they are rolling and boxcar rest of my face is fine, I have a hypertophic scar on my nose, My dermatologist says I need to get microneedling done like 4-5 times, will this work bro, I might even try a chemical peel, I don't get acne anymore I just have these fucking scars, fml, I skipped my friends b-day party because of my acne scars I hate them so much, age 16 btw
Yeah it will most likely work, just make sure he is using 1.5mm needles so that you won't get jewed.

I also have most of my scars on my cheeks, looks awful tbh.

Yeah it will most likely work, just make sure he is using 1.5mm needles so that you won't get jewed.

I also have most of my scars on my cheeks, looks awful tbh.
Alright bro I'll make sure its 1.5mm, so you think 4-5 sessions would fix, have you already done this, how good can the results be, will it fade 80% fuck man I just want good skin, I missed too many parties and hangout sessions with my bros because of this shit

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 4310
Alright bro I'll make sure its 1.5mm, so you think 4-5 sessions would fix, have you already done this, how good can the results be, will it fade 80% fuck man I just want good skin, I missed too many parties and hangout sessions with my bros because of this shit
I'd say 30% of my scars are gone after 3 sessions but I just had one session and the full results from a session takes like 1 month or so to show. From anecdotal evidence that i've seen online it seems like one session will remove like 15% of the scars.

where are steak and eggs on that?
I'd say lowish?
But with meats and dairy it depends (i think) on if they're heavily processed or not.
So just stick to getting quality meat from a good butcher, even if it means eating meat less often cause it'll be a bit more pricey.

+

good meat tastes fucken great

I'd 30% of my scars are gone after 3 sessions but I just had one session and the full results from a session takes like 1 month or so to show. From anecdotal evidence that i've seen online it seems like one session will remove like 15% of the scars.
I'm currently applying this gel thing it's called root of the skin md facial serum, it's supposed to fade scars by 20%, it kinda works but the big red scars remain, so you're saying that I'll need at least 5-6 treatments to get rid okay fine with me, corona is good so I don't have to go outisde or to school, I can ascend once I comeback, btw how old are you I've seen you in a lot of threads remember the genio thread

• +1
I'm currently applying this gel thing it's called root of the skin md facial serum, it's supposed to fade scars by 20%, it kinda works but the big red scars remain, so you're saying that I'll need at least 5-6 treatments to get rid okay fine with me, corona is good so I don't have to go outisde or to school, I can ascend once I comeback, btw how old are you I've seen you in a lot of threads remember the genio thread
That gel is probably a jewish scam, idk seems to good to be true.

Yeah it takes time, it sucks but it is what it is, life is a scam.

I'm 22

View attachment 643981

How to deal with acne:

1. Diet

2. Tretinoin/Retin a

How to use:
Where can I get it?

3. Accutane

1. Microneedling

2. Peels

View attachment 643972
Ü

View attachment 643981

How to deal with acne:

1. Diet

2. Tretinoin/Retin a

How to use:
Where can I get it?

3. Accutane

1. Microneedling

2. Peels

View attachment 643972
i got 2mm dermaroller should i use it? I got mostly boxcar scars

• +1
Ü

i got 2mm dermaroller should i use it? I got mostly boxcar scars
I don't think dermarollers go that deep, they are supposedly the weakest needling device. Are you sure?

That gel is probably a jewish scam, idk seems to good to be true.

Yeah it takes time, it sucks but it is what it is, life is a scam.

I'm 22
I guess I'll have to do a microneedling like 7 times, and prevent futher acne, luckily I barely get acne anymore, so barely any new scars, fuck this world man so cruel, we need eugenics, and fuck clear skin people who don't know shit about what we suffer through

• +1
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex, Deleted member 5891 and Deleted member 4310
I don't think dermarollers go that deep, they are supposedly the weakest needling device. Are you sure?
Yes i ordered it was 2 mm size back then the thing is i never bleed when i used to do it how come? It doesnt matter of hard i press is it cause my face is so fat? Which thickens the skin? I didnt use it in like 2 years

• +1
Yes i ordered it was 2 mm size back then the thing is i never bleed when i used to do it how come? It doesnt matter of hard i press is it cause my face is so fat? Which thickens the skin? I didnt use it in like 2 years
I think you need the mechanical needling devices to get results, they cost around $250.

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy
I think you need the mechanical needling devices to get results, they cost around $250.
Makes sense i did a thread yesterday asking about treatments since mine are severe scaring.
so is microneedling better then laser? And is that alone enough to clear most of the scarring?

• +1
Makes sense i did a thread yesterday asking about treatments since mine are severe scaring.
so is microneedling better then laser? And is that alone enough to clear most of the scarring?
I don't know if laser is better but it's significantly more expensive which is quite telling.

I'd still do microneedling first and then laser and maybe a few chemical peels after a while, then you have done everything you could.

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy
11 44 21 1an5h6hn984kwkgc000cocc40so8ks

Is this retinol or retin a?

• +1
Thanks. Bookmarked, will read later.

• +1
Would the treatments have good effect for this
20200907 132023

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Thomsson
I have done 3 microneedling sessions and the results are pretty good, however this is only good for rolling and box scars. I haven't done a peel yet but I will when i'm done with microneedling.
Professionally or at home? What depth?

• +1
Reactions: Salludon and Deleted member 4310
Professionally or at home? What depth?
Too lazy to do it at home so I did it professionally even tho it's expensive jfl, I asked her to do 1.5mm. She told me that she always does 1.5mm because anything below that won't do much for the scars so it just confirmed what I already knew.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74
Too lazy to do it at home so I did it professionally even tho it's expensive jfl, I asked her to do 1.5mm. She told me that she always does 1.5mm because anything below that won't do much for the scars so it just confirmed what I already knew.
I did 1.5mm with derminator once and I’ve seen some improvement. Gonna do my next session soon with about 1.75mm maybe. You thought about looking into a derminator? Seems worth it tbh

• +1
Reactions: Salludon and Deleted member 4310
I did 1.5mm with derminator once and I’ve seen some improvement. Gonna do my next session soon with about 1.75mm maybe. You thought about looking into a derminator? Seems worth it tbh
Yeah I might buy one because it's good for skin in general and I would like to do a session like every other month, not gonna pay $200 for that for the rest of my life jfl

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74