GYM SPLIT discussion and review. (22y MTN virgin)

SharpOrange

SharpOrange

Iron
so, I have to train 8 muscles in total.

chest (upper chest).
shoulder
bicep
triceps
forearm
abs
lats
quads

i joined the gym around January 12th, 2024. and weighed around 60kg and now today i stand 69.8 kg gained much muscle+fat.
and also taking creatine + whey protein daily.
i followed a full body split but now i made my PPL routine and following since last week and want you guys to review it.
180cm height and around 17% bodyfat % now.
this is my PPL plan.

interesting split, too much volume on back day imo

• +1
Reactions: kebab, PseudoMaxxer and SharpOrange
Will those abs not fuck up your frame and make you hipcel?

• +1
Reactions: SharpOrange
  • +1
Reactions: SharpOrange and HTN_Mentalcel
its direct ab work not obliques so no it wouldnt
People's obliques still get trained as a byproduct, it may be worth it because abs are a big halo but even leg raises can train it.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: SharpOrange and Mr. Nobody
People's obliques still get trained as a byproduct, it may be worth it because abs are a big halo but even leg raises can train it.
depends on how you do your legs raises, if you do the circular motions one yes but straight up and down has negligible stimulus on obliques

• +1
here are pics.
2.jpg is before and 1.jpg is after.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 0
here are pics.
2.jpg is before and 1.jpg is after.
im sorry bro but i dont see a difference, maybe ur training intensity is too low and ur diet is suboptimal?

• +1
Reactions: FBl, kebab and SharpOrange
Chest
Back
Legs
Arms/Shoulders
Rest
Chest
Back
Legs
Arms/Shoulders
Rest
Rest
Repeat

Best split in existence. But your split will make minimal difference in how your physique looks tbh

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SharpOrange and Autisticbrokeass2
im sorry bro but i dont see a difference, maybe ur training intensity is too low and ur diet is suboptimal?
i only have 1 pic of before.
but on measurement scale i have gained weight as i am on bulking mode now

But your split will make minimal difference in how your physique looks tbh
This

Just do some you like the most, even if you get less results if you like it you'll stick to it

• +1
I would cut down on the back exercises and include kettlebell workouts.

Suitcase walks and kettlebell swings are very underrated imo. You seem to have noticeable rib flaring as well, you'll benefit a lot from core strengthening. Otherwise there is high risk of injury if you leave your core behind.

All in all it's an ok split

As comments say it's most important that you build discipline and not quit (y)

• +1
too much fluff and pump exercises that takes forever to complete
keep the compound exercises(bench press, rows, ohp)
and remove most of ur isolation movements

• +1
First of all you want to train every body part twice a week so make sure u do that. With that being said its way to much volume imo. Start with 5 sets per muscle group a lift (10 a wekk) and then if gains are slowing down increase volume. Intensity trumps volume

• +1
too much fluff and pump exercises that takes forever to complete
keep the compound exercises(bench press, rows, ohp)
and remove most of ur isolation movements
I personally belive that izolations are mandatory as you will end up with a typical spider physique. Thats not the type of a look u want

• +1
I personally belive that izolations are mandatory as you will end up with a typical spider physique. Thats not the type of a look u want
yeah but as a beginner u should get strong on the compounds first (not powerlifter strong) whilst doing some isolation
after reaching a good base on compounds u could replace them with more isolations

• +1
yeah but as a beginner u should get strong on the compounds first (not powerlifter strong) whilst doing some isolation
after reaching a good base on compounds u could replace them with more isolations
Im not saying replace compounds, im mainly talking about training your arms, forearms, side delts etc from the start, as just doing bench and thinking it will grow your triceps is flawed. I myself was skipping front delts because i fell for the ''bench already stimulates front delts bro, just hit the sides'' meme. Now i have underdevelopped front delt. On the other hand, i havent done a single set for rear delts and they are clearly the biggest of 3 heads. I guess rows worked fine here

• +1
Reactions: SharpOrange and marek937
Im not saying replace compounds, im mainly talking about training your arms, forearms, side delts etc from the start, as just doing bench and thinking it will grow your triceps is flawed. I myself was skipping front delts because i fell for the ''bench already stimulates front delts bro, just hit the sides'' meme. Now i have underdevelopped front delt. On the other hand, i havent done a single set for rear delts and they are clearly the biggest of 3 heads. I guess rows worked fine here
yeah doing just compounds is kinda retarded
ig everyone responds differently to compounds
personally i responded well focusing on ohp

• +1
Reactions: SharpOrange and Pietrosiek
@marek937 @Pietrosiek
ya i am cutting back to only.

machine row
seated cable row
lat pulldowns

and hitting isolation in small groups (forearm, abs, side delts) from start.
these are mainly very distinct and doesn't fatigue muscle so i can complete them.
compound does make me tired.

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
@marek937 @Pietrosiek
ya i am cutting back to only.

machine row
seated cable row
lat pulldowns

and hitting isolation in small groups (forearm, abs, side delts) from start.
these are mainly very distinct and doesn't fatigue muscle so i can complete them.
compound does make me tired.
start with a few sets of compounds
focus on hitting at least 8 reps each set

• +1