Gymcel help: Shoulder impingement

Going2KillMyself

Going2KillMyself

MonsterCockMaxxing
How do you avoid this shit? Do you just go slower with pressing movements?

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Gay ass avi

• JFL
  • WTF
  • +1
Reactions: StephIsCold, mazzi, Deleted member 9217 and 2 others
An easy rule of thumb to help prevent these imbalances is to train every upper body push exercise with a pull exercise. That means that if you do a pushup, do some rows. If you do an overhead press, do some pull-ups. day, we slouch forward in our chairs which causes our shoulders to round forward.

• +1
Reactions: Chinacurry and Going2KillMyself
You really just got to play around with handspacing on the bar and focus on exercises that feel right. Like if you feel your biceps contracting along with your lat that's a bad sign

• +1
Reactions: Going2KillMyself
Gay ass avi
👅
An easy rule of thumb to help prevent these imbalances is to train every upper body push exercise with a pull exercise. That means that if you do a pushup, do some rows. If you do an overhead press, do some pull-ups. day, we slouch forward in our chairs which causes our shoulders to round forward.
Yeah I didn’t all this shit if anything my back is better trained than my chest and front
You really just got to play around with handspacing on the bar and focus on exercises that feel right. Like if you feel your biceps contracting along with your lat that's a bad sign
Elab plz

👅

Yeah I didn’t all this shit if anything my back is better trained than my chest and front

Elab plz
I approach the bar and touch my shoulders to it and then adjust my grip so that it feels right before I do a slight front squat to get it into rack position. If you feel tension in your biceps the bar is either to low or forward to comfortably press it

• +1
I approach the bar and touch my shoulders to it and then adjust my grip so that it feels right before I do a slight front squat to get it into rack position. If you feel tension in your biceps the bar is either to low or forward to comfortably press it
Is this for benching or overhead pressing

do face pulls

• +1
Reactions: AlexAP, BrickTop and Going2KillMyself
How do you avoid this shit? Do you just go slower with pressing movements?
Take a weeks rest periodically ice it
Do 4 sets of 25 face pills with bands before every upper body workout

• +1
do face pulls
Would other exercises work to strengthen the rotator cuff? I need another tricep rope to do facepulls properly ngl I feel like the rom is too low with regular tricep rope

Take a weeks rest periodically ice it
Do 4 sets of 25 face pills with bands before every upper body workout
Isn’t that excessive? Have u done this? Ngl j usually neglected it and did like a brief warmup with bands for 6 reps jfl. I’ll do it more seriously this time

Would other exercises work to strengthen the rotator cuff? I need another tricep rope to do facepulls properly ngl I feel like the rom is too low with regular tricep rope
rear delt flies

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop and Going2KillMyself

Isn’t that excessive? Have u done this? Ngl j usually neglected it and did like a brief warmup with bands for 6 reps jfl. I’ll do it more seriously this time
Nope I do 10 minutes of it every upper body workout rear delts and rotator cuff are the most undertrained muscles in the body average Joe or gym goer regardless.
It’s not high intensity just frequency and volume

• +1
Reactions: Carolus and Going2KillMyself
rear delt flies
Nope I do 10 minutes of it every upper body workout rear delts and rotator cuff are the most undertrained muscles in the body average Joe or gym goer regardless.
It’s not high intensity just frequency and volume
Ok thank u bhais

Also do u retract scapula with all pressing movement so or just benching?

• +1
Reactions: Carolus and Going2KillMyself
Hang

• +1
Face Pulls are the best exercise for this.

Another simple exercise you can do at home is the Wall Angel.

• +1
Reactions: Going2KillMyself and BrickTop
Seems like cope but maybe it can help with the scapula ?
I avoided surgery & reversed my shoulder Impingement years ago with passive hanging, face pulls & the other movements mentioned in the thread.

Hanging is biologically ingrained to be apart of our daily movement. We are part Chimp part Annuanaki or something like that..

Oh yeah and banded pull aparts daily for high reps

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Carolus and Going2KillMyself
I avoided surgery & reversed my shoulder Impingement years ago with passive hanging, face pulls & the other movements mentioned in the thread.

Hanging is biologically ingrained to be apart of our daily movement. We are part Chimp part Annuanaki or something like that..

Oh yeah and banded pull aparts daily for high reps
Annunakipilled

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10330