Gymcells gtfih I need help [video attached]

B

Broski

Zephir
I am squatting without a lifting belt and am getting lower back pain in the region similar to the picture. Any reasons why that is? Should I get a belt? Should also mention I'm a torsocel so this is probably making me shorter:ogre:

Attachments

• VID_424890222_190156_695.mp4
    7.7 MB
Last edited:
You're most likely rounding your back at some point during the movement. A belt can help but really you need to focus on flexing your lats and keeping your core super tight from the moment you unrack the bar until you rack it again. Get someone to take videos from the side while you squat so you can see what's going on.

Are you tall? This is a common issue for tall lifters

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, GetShrekt and Broski
id get that checked out if i were you just to make sure that your discs and spine are alright and yes you should get a belt asap

You're most likely rounding your back at some point during the movement. A belt can help but really you need to focus on flexing your lats and keeping your core super tight from the moment you unrack the bar until you rack it again. Get someone to take videos from the side while you squat so you can see what's going on.

Are you tall? This is a common issue for tall lifters
I've attached a video of me squatting 100kg at 5'10 67kg bw. I think I have long legs short torso

Just film your form and fix it. If youve got a fucky spine then fix the problem USE GOOGLE

I've attached a video of me squatting 100kg at 5'10 67kg bw. I think I have long legs short torso
Looks like you're leaning forward /shifting the weight towards your toes and slightly rounding your back when you get to the bottom. Try the queues I mentioned too, you don't look very solid under the weight when you unrack it.

Still looks better than most people I see at the gym though, good depth

do you have any underlying issues? like a herniated disc, chronic back pain etc. those seem like they could be the primary factor for the pain. Your form looks fine, though I would advise you to "sit back" more whilst squatting, instead of leaning forward.

Practicing L-sits helped with lower back pains.

do you have any underlying issues? like a herniated disc, chronic back pain etc. those seem like they could be the primary factor for the pain. Your form looks fine, though I would advise you to "sit back" more whilst squatting, instead of leaning forward.
I've always had an issue with leaning forward, it seems to be the cause

Last edited:
Lol stop squatting and training legs at all, they stunt upper-body progress hard. I am dying to hear some bullshit about T and HGH from squats from you

• JFL
Reactions: Broski
Had the exact same problem. Make sure your back isn't rounding at all and your butt isnt winking at any point in the movement. The thing that worked for me was completely filling my stomach with air and flexing my entire core the whole lift. That way you don't need a belt.
TLDR: You probably aren't flexing your core nearly enough. Squats should also feel like abs.

• +1
Lol stop squatting and training legs at all, they stunt upper-body progress hard. I am dying to hear some bullshit about T and HGH from squats from you
I legit had (and still do) have chicken legs I need to squat. I'm doing PPL btw thinking of switching to a 4 day upper lower split wdyt?

Last edited:
Had the exact same problem. Make sure your back isn't rounding at all and your butt isnt winking at any point in the movement. The thing that worked for me was completely filling my stomach with air and flexing my entire core the whole lift. That way you don't need a belt.
TLDR: You probably aren't flexing your core nearly enough. Squats should also feel like abs.
I don't consciously flex abs at all lol will definitely try that lmao

Your fork actually looks decent, are you bracing your stomach properly?

• +1
Reactions: qsabathi
I don't consciously flex abs at all lol will definitely try that lmao
I think that’s ur problem, core should be tight throughout.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: qsabathi and Broski

• +1
wtf are you wearing man you look like my sister

• Hmm...