Gymmax Motivation Problems

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
I’m too lazy to do sets to muscular failure. I rest way too much time between sets because I’m lazy. What’re tips to help get motivated, disciplined, and full on willpower to gymmax efficiently and effectively?

Take steroids you short framecel grain of rice

Roiding comes with its own motivation problems. I might get really slacked-off in training if I hop on roids, thinking that putting in full effort is unnecessary because roids will get the job done automatically.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mewton, 5'8manlet, Deleted member 4614 and 1 other person

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Birdcell, Mewton, Kmscurry and 4 others

Roiding comes with its own motivation problems. I might get really slacked-off in training if I hop on roids, thinking that putting in full effort is unnecessary because roids will get the job done automatically.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee and 5'8manlet

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 12413, Toth's thot, Elvisandreaa and 9 others
0ehkwmlq0oa51

this is gonna be him in a couple years

• Woah
Reactions: Mewton, Preoximerianas and thecel

incels just don’t ever stop overthinking

Stfu and take roids retards ur current smv is in the negative

• WTF
Reactions: thecel
Listen to music u like.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15302, Deleted member 17174 and thecel
If you dont like training to failure, do more volume (sets) to compensate.

Meaning one guy can do 3 sets to failure for his chest, and thats enough to stimulate growth for a workout. But if another guy prefers training 1-2 reps away from failure, he can do 6 sets and get good growth as well.

The harder you train, the less sets you need to make gains. The easier you train, the more sets you need to do to get a response.

Also, resting as long as you need/want between sets is BETTER for gains than rushing. I rest 3-5 minutes between all my sets so I can lift as heavy as possible and put maximum effort into my next set.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and thecel

• Love it
Roids will make you want to push your urself very hard because you know 100% you're gonna recover from the workouts and make progress if you try.

• Woah
Train with a friend

• +1
Reactions: failedeyearea and thecel
Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: Need2Ascend
No true close friends. Just acquaintances.
Then ask a guy you know to train together regularly as workout buddys

I do calisthenics outdoors with a mate once a week and in summer usually also with a group.

You build good friendships by doing fun stuff together regularly

• +1
Meaning one guy can do 3 sets to failure for his chest, and thats enough to stimulate growth for a workout. But if another guy prefers training 1-2 reps away from failure, he can do 6 sets and get good growth as well.

For real? Can you really cut your workout time in half and get just as good results only by doing 1 or 2 more reps per set?

For real? Can you really cut your workout time in half and get just as good results only by doing 1 or 2 more reps per set?

Huh? You can shorten your workouts IF those sets are actually taken to failure. If youre lazy and dont push your sets to maximal effort where you barely grind out your last rep, and couldnt complete another one with a gun to your head, then NO.

• +1
Huh? You can shorten your workouts IF those sets are actually taken to failure. If youre lazy and dont push your sets to maximal effort where you barely grind out your last rep, and couldnt complete another one with a gun to your head, then NO.

I’m asking whether or not the difference in volume indeed is so big. You proposed that a guy who trains to failure only needs 3 sets to get the results that a guy who doesn’t train to failure needs 6 sets to get. Does this mean I can shorten an hour-long workout to half an hour if I simply train to failure?

I’m asking whether or not the difference in volume indeed is so big. You proposed that a guy who trains to failure only needs 3 sets to get the results that a guy who doesn’t train to failure needs 6 sets to get. Does this mean I can shorten an hour-long workout to half an hour if I simply train to failure?

Yup exactly.

Give it a shot, but most importantly TRACK your lifts, and try to add more weight, or do more reps each workout. If you are consistently getting stronger, dont change a thing. If youre NOT, then something needs to change (volume, closer to or farther from failure).

• +1