GYMMAXXING, how many % of intensity for strength program

Blackpilled1027

Blackpilled1027

Zephir
Hey, i'm already on hypertrophy and strength routine but i'm stagnating.
For all big exercices like bench i'm doing :

1 day 4x8/10/12 this is the hypertrophy
2 day 5x5 this is strength

But how many %of my RM1 should I do for this ? Because i'm currently adding 2,5kg everytime but this seems to be outdated.

For example, my max at bench is currently at 62,5kg (yeah that's shit i know)

If I need to do 4x8, what pound should I lift ? And for 4x10/12 5x5 etc....

calculating it isn't really effective for this purpose, there's many factors that can make different people's 1rm potential different relative to their working sets than others. e.g. one person might be able to do their 83% of their bench 1rm for 8 reps and another person might only be able to do 76% for 8.

What you should do is just keep upping the weight as much as you can. If you can't do 2.5kg a week anymore than try to hit that every other week. Then so on and so forth. And if you really stop making gains then it's time to reevaluate your programming and/or diet next

calculating it isn't really effective for this purpose, there's many factors that can make different people's 1rm potential different relative to their working sets than others. e.g. one person might be able to do their 83% of their bench 1rm for 8 reps and another person might only be able to do 76% for 8.

What you should do is just keep upping the weight as much as you can. If you can't do 2.5kg a week anymore than try to hit that every other week. Then so on and so forth. And if you really stop making gains then it's time to reevaluate your programming and/or diet next
that's why you calculate how many reps to do off how many you can do. like if you can rep it for 10 you'd do like 3x8. not exactly like that but you get what I mean

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17763
that's why you calculate how many reps to do off how many you can do. like if you can rep it for 10 you'd do like 3x8. not exactly like that but you get what I mean
Yeah true but in his case he should be able to assess even more accurately by going based off what he hit in his last session that used the same rep scheme. Since he’s on a consistent program and has that data at hand