HA fillers injected inside the bone are long-lasting and can yield permanent results in some cases

stressftw

stressftw

Sry for not answering DMs, taking a break from .me

Basically it seems that HA fillers inside the bones remain encapsulated in a way that it not only last long but trigger a chain of responses on the injected area like fibrosis, calcification and ossification leading to permanent increase in volume, in addition, this method avoid migration through soft tissue. The study also suggests that this method can be a alternative to fat and bone graft.

Methods:​

HA was injected onto the bone for volumization with a small 30-gauge needle to examine the long-lasting effects. Of the 63 Japanese patients with 97 treated sites followed up more than 12 months, 51 had HA injections for cosmetic purposes and 12 were treated for reconstructive volumization of facial deformity such as localized scleroderma and postsurgical bony deformity. Treated sites included the forehead, temple, nasal root, mentum, tear trough, and infraorbital sulcus.

Results:​

After long-term follow-up (12–93 months, mean = 21.6), persistent volumizing effects were observed in most patients. In fact, 86.6% of the treated sites showed >50% volume retention and 49.5% showed >75% retention. Magnetic resonance imaging analyses revealed that the injected space was well maintained, capsulated, and filled with heterogeneous content. Magnetic resonance imaging quantitative T2 maps indicated that much of the injected HA was replaced with other materials. Together with clinical inspection, these findings suggest that onlay injection of HA on the bone induced formation of capsule, fibrosis, and/or calcification/ossification, which contributed to persistent volumization.

Conclusions:​

Semipermanent volumizing effects can be achieved by HA injection if the target area has an underlying bony floor. Periosteal stem cells may be activated by HA injection and may contribute to persistent volumizing effects. This treatment may be a much less invasive alternative to fat or bone grafting.

In our study, the radiographic images at 12 months demonstrated heterogeneous intensity of the injected space and surrounding structure with low intensity on both T1- and T2-weighted images, strongly suggesting that the space was surrounded by a fibrotic capsule and fibrous and/or calcified tissue was partially formed within the capsule. This phenomenon of fibrosis and/or calcification/ossification was also confirmed by our clinical inspection at 12 months with a small needle inserted into the tissue, as we clearly detected an abnormally hard tissue similar to a fibrous and calcified sponge on the bone. The tissue neogenesis may result from persistent activation of resident stem cells located in the periosteum rather than from formation of an HA cyst. The periosteum is known to contain stem cells multilayered in its most inner cambial zone14,15; the periosteal stem cells perform essential functions for bone generation.16 Continuous inflammatory reactions accompanying phagocytosis of HA may stimulate the periosteum and induce gradual replacement of injected HA with newly formed fibrotic tissue and/or calcification/ossification.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4174170/

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 5.5psl, thereallegend, BrahminBoss and 5 others
idk if this is true or not but thanks for tidbit I will look into this more

• +1
Reactions: WanderingBurro and stressftw
That's probably the reason why some people claim that they filler result never went away completely whilist some say their results subsided after few months.

Fillers inside the bone is the way to go, the question is how many experts in fillers are capable to deliver this technique?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771 and BrahminBoss
How do you inject inside the bone???? :unsure:

This is typically why chin fillers mog : it's injected directly to the bone.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, 5.5psl and BrahminBoss
lmao bullshit

nice i need some on my chin and infras

Not good though if you are getting filler to experiment before implants.

Basically it seems that HA fillers inside the bones remain encapsulated in a way that it not only last long but trigger a chain of responses on the injected area like fibrosis, calcification and ossification leading to permanent increase in volume, in addition, this method avoid migration through soft tissue. The study also suggests that this method can be a alternative to fat and bone graft.

Methods:​

HA was injected onto the bone for volumization with a small 30-gauge needle to examine the long-lasting effects. Of the 63 Japanese patients with 97 treated sites followed up more than 12 months, 51 had HA injections for cosmetic purposes and 12 were treated for reconstructive volumization of facial deformity such as localized scleroderma and postsurgical bony deformity. Treated sites included the forehead, temple, nasal root, mentum, tear trough, and infraorbital sulcus.

Results:​

After long-term follow-up (12–93 months, mean = 21.6), persistent volumizing effects were observed in most patients. In fact, 86.6% of the treated sites showed >50% volume retention and 49.5% showed >75% retention. Magnetic resonance imaging analyses revealed that the injected space was well maintained, capsulated, and filled with heterogeneous content. Magnetic resonance imaging quantitative T2 maps indicated that much of the injected HA was replaced with other materials. Together with clinical inspection, these findings suggest that onlay injection of HA on the bone induced formation of capsule, fibrosis, and/or calcification/ossification, which contributed to persistent volumization.

Conclusions:​

Semipermanent volumizing effects can be achieved by HA injection if the target area has an underlying bony floor. Periosteal stem cells may be activated by HA injection and may contribute to persistent volumizing effects. This treatment may be a much less invasive alternative to fat or bone grafting.

In our study, the radiographic images at 12 months demonstrated heterogeneous intensity of the injected space and surrounding structure with low intensity on both T1- and T2-weighted images, strongly suggesting that the space was surrounded by a fibrotic capsule and fibrous and/or calcified tissue was partially formed within the capsule. This phenomenon of fibrosis and/or calcification/ossification was also confirmed by our clinical inspection at 12 months with a small needle inserted into the tissue, as we clearly detected an abnormally hard tissue similar to a fibrous and calcified sponge on the bone. The tissue neogenesis may result from persistent activation of resident stem cells located in the periosteum rather than from formation of an HA cyst. The periosteum is known to contain stem cells multilayered in its most inner cambial zone14,15; the periosteal stem cells perform essential functions for bone generation.16 Continuous inflammatory reactions accompanying phagocytosis of HA may stimulate the periosteum and induce gradual replacement of injected HA with newly formed fibrotic tissue and/or calcification/ossification.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4174170/

I don't understand one thing. They injected INSIDE the bone? or just ON TOP of the bone?

Actually this is something I am experiencing right now in the chin area. Injected 2yo ago deep on top of the bone and some of the results are still there.

do you mean on the bone jfl

I don't understand one thing. They injected INSIDE the bone? or just ON TOP of the bone?

Actually this is something I am experiencing right now in the chin area. Injected 2yo ago deep on top of the bone and some of the results are still there.
do you mean on the bone jfl
"Here, we report an easy HA filler injection technique that leads to semipermanent volumizing effects. This technique simply involves injection of HA into the deepest layer on the bone with a small, sharp needle."

It's probably on top of bone on the deepest layer of the skin, but i really don't know. I don't have much knowledge on fillers.

• +1
Reactions: zenflix
"Here, we report an easy HA filler injection technique that leads to semipermanent volumizing effects. This technique simply involves injection of HA into the deepest layer on the bone with a small, sharp needle."

To be honest i dont know exactly what they meant by that, i dont know much about fillers and never get it done. But study suggests inside the bone but idk if it's on top of it or they really meant inside the bone to be honest.
Yea it is not very clear but I guess it is on top. It would be enough to induce bone inflammation and create new bone cells.

I am sure there are some better inflammatory molecules that would work even better. Will do some experiments 😈

Yea it is not very clear but I guess it is on top. It would be enough to induce bone inflammation and create new bone cells.

I am sure there are some better inflammatory molecules that would work even better. Will do some experiments 😈

To be honest it really seems to be inside the bone, and the whole objective is to trigger ossification/calcification from the inflammatory process.

Whilist the encapsuled HA is slowly being reabsorbed, the inflammatory process that took place inside the bone replace the volume through induced neogenesis by ossification/calcification/fibrosis. Basically creating "bone" as a result.

"Concept and procedure of HA treatment. (A) The treatment was originally designed to inject HA below the periosteum for osteoinduction from the underlying bone, although this procedure is not usually practical. A very small (30- to 34-gauge) sharp needle is preferable. (B) HA is actually injected on the periosteum in most cases. The injury and persisting inflammatory changes around the injected HA particles are expected to activate periosteal stem cells and contribute to the induction of tissue neogenesis, such as formation of capsule, fibrosis, and calcification/ossification during the HA absorption process."

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: zenflix
To be honest it really seems to be inside the bone, and the whole objective is to trigger ossification/calcification from the inflammatory process.

"Concept and procedure of HA treatment. (A) The treatment was originally designed to inject HA below the periosteum for osteoinduction from the underlying bone, although this procedure is not usually practical. A very small (30- to 34-gauge) sharp needle is preferable. (B) HA is actually injected on the periosteum in most cases. The injury and persisting inflammatory changes around the injected HA particles are expected to activate periosteal stem cells and contribute to the induction of tissue neogenesis, such as formation of capsule, fibrosis, and calcification/ossification during the HA absorption process."

View attachment 2308789
Daaaaamn that sounds amazing!! I need to try this shit

Daaaaamn that sounds amazing!! I need to try this shit
Please, be very careful doing this on yourself. I know it sounds good but in the study it seems they need to use small sharp needles to hit the bone. Injectables through small needles can easily lead to artery occlusion, you need to know exactly where you are hitting. Thats why in majority of cases fillers and fat are given through blunt cannulas to avoid artery occlusion. Artery occlusion is not only lethal but can lead you to instant permanent blindness.

I know that because ive been through two fat graftings and although ive never have done HA fillers, the safety protocol maneuver to avoid artery occlusion is the same.

Please, be very careful doing this on yourself. I know it sounds good but in the study it seems they need to use small sharp needles to hit the bone. Injectables through small needles can easily lead to artery occlusion, you need to know exactly where you are hitting. Thats why in majority of cases fillers and fat are given through blunt cannulas to avoid artery occlusion. Artery occlusion is not only lethal but can lead you to instant permanent blindness.

I know that because ive been through two fat graftings and although ive never have done HA fillers, the safety protocol maneuver to avoid artery occlusion is the same.
Don't worry. I am injecting fillers for 6 years now (not only on myself). I am very used to deep injections, avoiding arteries etc.. I always injected my fillers on top of periosteum but I never tried to push it more.

If injected into the bone, can you still get it dissolved if you don’t like it?