HAH! He couldn't be happier he said.

Slayerino

Slayerino

PSL 🎱 or 💀

Fuckin hell, when Chad gets a surgery, he also gains a superpower as a side effect
I've never talked to someone who actually cared, so this is blowing my mind.

My mouth didn't feel weird after surgery, because it didn't feel like anything at all. My nerves were paralyzed from surgery and I was on enough ibuprofen to mostly forget that I had a face at all.

The one weird part though was my nose. See, I was given Afrin nasal spray to use after surgery to keep my nostrils clear. Nobody told me that I wasn't supposed to use it for 3 weeks straight. When you use it for that long, it tends to damage your nasal passages and take away your sense of smell. There are reports online of this happening and almost everyone gets back to normal, so I wasn't worried. I stopped using the spray and let time do its thing.

My smell started to come back within a week or so. But it didn't come back like normal. It came back all fucky, like when you get pins-and-needles in your foot. Everything smelled SO BAD. Shampoo smelled like chemicals. My bedroom smelled like a morgue. Even over-ripe bananas were unbearable to me.

Fortunately that phase only lasted a couple weeks. My smell slowly came back to normal, and then got better than normal. I can smell things I never could, and I can smell things that other people can't. ("unscented" trash bags actually have a very particular scent) I can also tell that my neighbors smoke weed almost every day of the week, and I could tell when my crush had their first cigarette in months.

It's a fun superpower to have, but it can get annoying sometimes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5143 and SixFootManlet