Hair System vs Hair Transplant

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
Recent thread got me thinking about the pros and cons between these two as they seem like the two best long-term solutions to hair loss. I'm starting a fin regimen tomorrow but eventually I plan on getting a FUE HT for maximum density and best hairline. I don't really give a shit how much hair they pull from the sides and back of my head to be honest, I'll just rock Hitler Youth lmfao.
This is my take:
Hair System
-best your hair could ever look
-apparently easy to get applied
-most costly longterm solution
-can't do certain activities like swimming
Hair Transplant
-requires surgery (obvi)
-is your own hair, so its real
-don't need to worry about applying anything
-healing process and have to shave head
-limited to people with follicles still
-could still fall out years later and require follow ups
Thoughts?

A lot of maintenance with a hair system, have to shave your head frequently and wash and reapply. I assume it is hot and uncomfortable, but I have never worn one. The biggest downside is that you would get outed as wearing a hair system.

But a hair system would be the best choice if there is a family history of major baldness, or you are already NW3+

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
A lot of maintenance with a hair system, have to shave your head frequently and wash and reapply. I assume it is hot and uncomfortable, but I have never worn one. The biggest downside is that you would get outed as wearing a hair system.

But a hair system would be the best choice if there is a family history of major baldness, or you are already NW3+
Why not a hair transplant at NW3?

Ugly = Death

Ugly and Bald =

WTF WHY YOU STILL ALIVE?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and LordNorwood
Hair systems are breathable, they aren't hot to wear though you can feel them but people say you get used to that in a couple weeks. You can swim in them but it will wear down your system faster. You're gonna have to shave and clean your head approximately weekly and there's maintenance everyday that you need to do. Hair systems will be the absolute best your hair will ever look if you do it right.

The con of hair transplants are high imo. Possible unnatural results especially when trying to lower hairline, some results can look really bad. Might have to do multiple procedures to get desired outcome. If you have mpb when you get older you will have hair transplant scars and you will have to shave your hair transplant hair's as they are mpb resistant.

If you're not experiencing mpb and just have bad hairline or born with nw2 etc then hair transplant imo is absolutely perfect for you. If you don't have mpb but high hairline and want to lower it probably forehead lowering + hair transplant is ideal. If you have mpb you will eventually have visible scars on your head with both these surgeries.

• +1
Reactions: National Rodgerism, Framletgod and LordNorwood
Hair systems are breathable, they aren't hot to wear though you can feel them but people say you get used to that in a couple weeks. You can swim in them but it will wear down your system faster. You're gonna have to shave and clean your head approximately weekly and there's maintenance everyday that you need to do. Hair systems will be the absolute best your hair will ever look if you do it right.

The con of hair transplants are high imo. Possible unnatural results especially when trying to lower hairline, some results can look really bad. Might have to do multiple procedures to get desired outcome. If you have mpb when you get older you will have hair transplant scars and you will have to shave your hair transplant hair's as they are mpb resistant.

If you're not experiencing mpb and just have bad hairline or born with nw2 etc then hair transplant imo is absolutely perfect for you. If you don't have mpb but high hairline and want to lower it probably forehead lowering + hair transplant is ideal. If you have mpb you will eventually have visible scars on your head with both these surgeries.
I thought FUE didn't leave scars, only FUT? FUT sounds like bullshit for sure.

• +1
Reactions: Jerryterry129 and Dogs
I thought FUE didn't leave scars, only FUT? FUT sounds like bullshit for sure.
Didn't realize that fue doesn't leave noticable scars. I guess if you have enough good donor hair's and a good enough surgeon and enough money you should be able to lower your hairline as much as your donor hair's allow without much of a downside besides the risk of looking unnatural and having to shave off the hair's in the future if experiencing mpb.

• +1
Didn't realize that fue doesn't leave noticable scars. I guess if you have enough good donor hair's and a good enough surgeon and enough money you should be able to lower your hairline as much as your donor hair's allow without much of a downside besides the risk of looking unnatural and having to shave off the hair's in the future if experiencing mpb.
I guess there is a risk of unnatural look with more MPB, but I plan on filling in density all throughout the top of scalp. My hair is still thick as fuck on the sides and back because it was thick as fuck as a kid, so I'm sure I have enough donor hair. Plus I have no crown loss. I've heard of people having unnatural looking transplants and going back in for fixes though.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs
I guess there is a risk of unnatural look with more MPB, but I plan on filling in density all throughout the top of scalp. My hair is still thick as fuck on the sides and back because it was thick as fuck as a kid, so I'm sure I have enough donor hair. Plus I have no crown loss. I've heard of people having unnatural looking transplants and going back in for fixes though.
I have some crown loss and recessed forehead, you've seen my pic. Fin so far seems to be actually doing ok for me, I hope I gain some density from it. I want to add in dermastamp but just haven't yet.

• +1
I have some crown loss and recessed forehead, you've seen my pic. Fin so far seems to be actually doing ok for me, I hope I gain some density from it. I want to add in dermastamp but just haven't yet.
I should probably upload my pic. On Sunday my photographer bud snapped a pic of me sipping coffee and then sent it to me, its perfect it shows the big Norwood chunk the reaper took out of the side of my head. I really hope fin produces regrowth for me. The doc was telling me that he had over 100 patients on fin, some for more than 10 years, and that all had stopped hairloss or regrew hair and none had complained to him about sides. Boosted my confidence.
Also mate just from stuff I've read comparing methods I would recommend a dermapen over a dermastamp. Heard people say its tough to push the stamp all the way in. The one I plan on buying is the Ultima A1 or A6.

I should probably upload my pic. On Sunday my photographer bud snapped a pic of me sipping coffee and then sent it to me, its perfect it shows the big Norwood chunk the reaper took out of the side of my head. I really hope fin produces regrowth for me. The doc was telling me that he had over 100 patients on fin, some for more than 10 years, and that all had stopped hairloss or regrew hair and none had complained to him about sides. Boosted my confidence.
Also mate just from stuff I've read comparing methods I would recommend a dermapen over a dermastamp. Heard people say its tough to push the stamp all the way in. The one I plan on buying is the Ultima A1 or A6.
Oh yeah I was thinking if the derminator 2 but it costs 200 bucks. Is the A6 or A1 as good?

Oh yeah I was thinking if the derminator 2 but it costs 200 bucks. Is the A6 or A1 as good?
Originally I wanted the Derminator but I've heard tons of weird stories about the site that sells it. Apparently the mascot of the site is a fake person and the real owner is a complete schizoid who has often "publically blacklisted" customers for not conceding to demands or for asking for a refund when they don't get shipped the product. Go look on their reviews page, its ridiculous. The guy has banned people from accessing the store for "asking too many questions" or "claiming we scammed you by never sending the product". Seems like a huge dice roll to me to order from them even though they may have a higher quality product. From what I've seen the A6/A1 is close to the same but there have been some complaints about it. IDK it seems like no truly good dermapen exists yet and these sketchy companies sell them because its still in its infancy.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs

I have born with windows peak hairline. Figuring out if a hair transplant or hair system would, what do you think would be the best for me? I want to lower the forehead, windows peak is a shit when you don’t have long hair I think.