hair texture

H

hoeseeker111

Iron
i got like a really dry curly hair, it looks terrible, and it only curls when i wet it and use creams to maintain the moisture. if i want to permenantely make it straighter/wavier should i perm it or straighten it? will it ever get the normal looking, like hidrated hair without me having to put products in it?

Keratin treatment

maxresdefault.jpg

does it straighten it? or if i have really curly hair it will get wavy?
I looked it up and it smooths the hair and the straightening is a side effect. There are kits to do it at home but a salon would be better but more expensive.

I looked it up and it smooths the hair and the straightening is a side effect. There are kits to do it at home but a salon would be better but more expensive.
people say that a protein treatment is better, but i think it doesn’t straighten the hair… i’m scared that the keratin treatment could make my hair fall

op have u found anything
ngl i think that the best option is just opening the curls a bit. I did it, in the first day it was pretty nice like wavy hair, the thing is that it only got wavy after i moisture it, so idk if it’s worth it. the only thing that changed was the texture while wet and moistured, dry it looked the same. it faded after like 2 weeks. if you want to have your hair in a different texture without applying anything, i think the best and only option without using formaldehyde, would be straightening it with keratin. but you would obviously get straight hair