Hair transplant to lower hairline a bad idea?

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Ascended
Started thinking about slightly lowering portions of my hairline since it looks strange from certain angles. Less than a centimeter would already do the trick.

I'm already on fin and got no issues, but I'm pretty certain that if I were to quit fin I'd recede behind the transplanted hair at some point down the road and then it would be totally over. Rubbing Breezula on my head every day to prevent looking like a total clown also doesn't sound too inviting.

Is this a dumb idea when there are no other maintenance options around as of yet? (and there seem to be no legit future prospects either..)

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Just do it and don't quit fin. Scalp advancement is another option but that involves moving the entire hairline down

so what would you do if you were to recede behind the transplanted hair for whatever reason? ldar until you can afford the next transplant?
I would prevent that from happening. If 5AR-inhibitors don't work, you can still use AR blockers

• +1
I would prevent that from happening. If 5AR-inhibitors don't work, you can still use AR blockers

aka ru/breezula? one isn't out yet and the other one is a grey market product that you can't really rely on in the long term. and rubbing topicals on your head every day is shit to begin with. I know it's probably better than being bald, but you get the point...

• +1
Just do it and don't quit fin. Scalp advancement is another option but that involves moving the entire hairline down

that's pretty much out of the question since I'd only need a few grafts and scalp advancement leaves a big ass scar on your forehead.

aka ru/breezula? one isn't out yet and the other one is a grey market product that you can't really rely on in the long term. and rubbing topicals on your head every day is shit to begin with. I know it's probably better than being bald, but you get the point...
You can already get CB just like RU tho

Yeah agreed, rubbing topicals every day is very very much a pain in the ass

You can already get CB just like RU tho

Yeah agreed, rubbing topicals every day is very very much a pain in the ass

they're expensive as shit and you can't rely on those sellers for a long term supply. if only there was a maintenance treatment that's 100% safe long term and not annoying as chit to use... would change everything.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7776