hardmew questions

blackcat

blackcat

Iron
when you guys really push your tongue up to your pallet, do both your jaw muscles flex?

Masseter muscles flex, maybe some interior muscles that you can't see/feel

when i hardmew i can feel my right jaw reaaaaallly flex like im biting down on it, but the other one does nothing.
i'm starting to think i have nerve damage or bell's palsy in one side of my face...

I had that too because I focused on one side first (didn't have enough space for the whole tongue before). But you could focus on the less developed side to achieve some symmetry.

mewing is cope. Don't expect results because you are gonna be underwhelmed and get depression.

• +1
Reactions: DrTony
mewing is cope. Don't expect results because you are gonna be underwhelmed and get depression.
It's not going to hurt anything

It's not going to hurt anything
yes. It's good for your health. If you can expand your airway and get rid of sleep apnea, thats a plus for you.
But believing you are gonna transform to a model due to what Mew and his followers say is gonna gonna give you depression

when you guys really push your tongue up to your pallet, do both your jaw muscles flex?

I dont think i have the ability to flex my upper jaw if thats what your asking

Ara Ara

Maybe you have TMJ.

Ever hear ringing in ears?

yes. It's good for your health. If you can expand your airway and get rid of sleep apnea, thats a plus for you.
But believing you are gonna transform to a model due to what Mew and his followers say is gonna gonna give you depression
I always say you shouldn't be mewing with the goal of making your jaw and face look attractive, it should be done for health reasons, good posture, and preventing further melting of your face.

I had that too because I focused on one side first (didn't have enough space for the whole tongue before). But you could focus on the less developed side to achieve some symmetry.
i can fit my whole tongue easily
i dont believe that. i just know its a good habit to keep

Last edited:
You could see results, but I'm pretty sure you'd need an appliance that expands the palate, hardmewing 90% of the day and normal mewing the other 10%, perform an hour a day of tongue chewing and chewing some tough gum, basically a shitload of work for a minor amount of gains. Then I think you can definitely see results even in the bone structure at least till age 35-ish.

Casual mewing though, or "just hardmewing" will probably never ever do much at all in terms of facial structure or bone structure. It'll make it easier to breathe, possibly help develop your jaw muscles (although you're not meant to clench, just lightly touch with the teeth), and prevent further sinking of the face. So just mew, expecting nothing.

You could see results, but I'm pretty sure you'd need an appliance that expands the palate, hardmewing 90% of the day and normal mewing the other 10%, perform an hour a day of tongue chewing and chewing some tough gum, basically a shitload of work for a minor amount of gains. Then I think you can definitely see results even in the bone structure at least till age 35-ish.

Casual mewing though, or "just hardmewing" will probably never ever do much at all in terms of facial structure or bone structure. It'll make it easier to breathe, possibly help develop your jaw muscles (although you're not meant to clench, just lightly touch with the teeth), and prevent further sinking of the face. So just mew, expecting nothing.
you are talking to a guy who's been mewing for years.
If I'd seen any change I would let people know.

The FAGGA appliance, if it works the way they say it does, proves that mewing works. It applies pressure to a special point at the front of the palate which stimulates bone growth and thus grows the maxilla outwards. There have been adults getting 1mm/month expansion with it. When you have one fitted, you're told to keep tapping on the pad with your tongue as this stimulates growth even more .

It sounds to me like FAGGA is a device which takes the principle of hard mewing and intensifies it into a constant effort. I'm seriously thinking of going through with it once I've done some more research.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome

There is no reason not to have the tongue on the top of your mouth. If you let it just drop or mouth breathe your face instantly becomes ugly and appears like it is melting. Hyoid bone becomes relaxed and dropped and destroys any angularity unless you have the tongue on the roof

• +1
The FAGGA appliance, if it works the way they say it does, proves that mewing works. It applies pressure to a special point at the front of the palate which stimulates bone growth and thus grows the maxilla outwards. There have been adults getting 1mm/month expansion with it. When you have one fitted, you're told to keep tapping on the pad with your tongue as this stimulates growth even more .

It sounds to me like FAGGA is a device which takes the principle of hard mewing and intensifies it into a constant effort. I'm seriously thinking of going through with it once I've done some more research.
but does it grow the face up and forwards or just forwards?

I think just forwards although I'm not sure. It could be that you don't get the kind of counterclockwise rotation that you get from a Lefort.

If that's the case, it would still be a way to get forward growth without the risks of surgery (which aren't exactly trivial with Lefort.)

I don't even know what I need. It's so hard to tell, so much conflicting information. For example, when I look at myself, it seems apparent that my maxilla needs to rotate upwards, counterclockwise. But on the other hand, people whose maxilla has grown downwards usually have a gummy smile. Dentist told me that my top lip is in the perfect position when smiling, just covering the tops of my teeth. I have zero visible gum. So the worry is that, with Lefort rotation, I'd end up hiding my top teeth when I smile. Or does the lip come up with the rotation? So fucking hard to find answers to these questions. I guess that's because at the very least, they want you to spend the $$$'s on a proper consultation, lol.

I noticed change pretty fast as well. I noticed weird situations to my bite every now and then during the first few months but nothing major. Over time it always seemed to fix itself as I kept mewing. For example, If I noticed something a bit weird with my bite it seemed to be fixed one day later..

Today I am much better at maintaining a light teeth to teeth contact during large periods as I mew, perhaps that is why I do not notice any tiny weird bite situations at all anymore. The biggest reason for this is because I have more room for my tongue now, when I had less room breathing became harder when the teeth where resting against each other as my tongue was placed against the roof of my mouth. But even in the beginning, aside for some minor things my bite always seemed to match week by week as the dental arches changed. Today my dental arches match perfectly and I still keep changing.

So remember to not forget about trying to make light teeth to teeth contact as well as you mew. I believe that assuming you do this as you mew, then over time your bites should match. If not then perhaps you need to reconsider your mewing approach or mewing altogether. It is still a relatively new phenomena with few documented adult cases and I obviously do not know if it works for everyone. That is why I never actually recommend anyone that is not very young to start mewing or to not do so (it is for themselves to decide, I do not want to be responsible for anyone making things worse by recommending them to do something that may not work and that we do not know as much about yet as we would like to). I believe it is great for adults with underdeveloped maxillas to start mewing, but I simply do not know as much about it as I would like to so I can not say with any certainty that it will be for the better for everyone. Things seem have worked out for me at least thus far and I am a 30 year old male that started about 9 months ago. I did not have much asymmetry to begin with though. Also, my dental arches matched perfectly when I started.

Hope you understand.

Interesting information, thanks. FAGGA seems to be extremely expensive though, might as well get a double jaw surgery.
According to this video.

It actually made the faces a bit longer.
I noticed change pretty fast as well. I noticed weird situations to my bite every now and then during the first few months but nothing major. Over time it always seemed to fix itself as I kept mewing. For example, If I noticed something a bit weird with my bite it seemed to be fixed one day later..

Today I am much better at maintaining a light teeth to teeth contact during large periods as I mew, perhaps that is why I do not notice any tiny weird bite situations at all anymore. The biggest reason for this is because I have more room for my tongue now, when I had less room breathing became harder when the teeth where resting against each other as my tongue was placed against the roof of my mouth. But even in the beginning, aside for some minor things my bite always seemed to match week by week as the dental arches changed. Today my dental arches match perfectly and I still keep changing.

So remember to not forget about trying to make light teeth to teeth contact as well as you mew. I believe that assuming you do this as you mew, then over time your bites should match. If not then perhaps you need to reconsider your mewing approach or mewing altogether. It is still a relatively new phenomena with few documented adult cases and I obviously do not know if it works for everyone. That is why I never actually recommend anyone that is not very young to start mewing or to not do so (it is for themselves to decide, I do not want to be responsible for anyone making things worse by recommending them to do something that may not work and that we do not know as much about yet as we would like to). I believe it is great for adults with underdeveloped maxillas to start mewing, but I simply do not know as much about it as I would like to so I can not say with any certainty that it will be for the better for everyone. Things seem have worked out for me at least thus far and I am a 30 year old male that started about 9 months ago. I did not have much asymmetry to begin with though. Also, my dental arches matched perfectly when I started.

Hope you understand.

Stolen lol.

Interesting information, thanks. FAGGA seems to be extremely expensive though, might as well get a double jaw surgery.

According to this video.

It actually made the faces a bit longer.

I think you're looking at $10-15,000 for FAGGA. Double jaw surgery can set you back as much as $40,000, plus it's a very serious procedure that carries risks. Ideally I'd love full counterclockwise rotation of both jaws. I can see what it would do to my face even without looking at a morph. In fact I see what it would do to most faces around me! Christ the govt should pay for everyone to have Lefort. Imagine the morale boost.

• +1
I think you're looking at $10-15,000 for FAGGA. Double jaw surgery can set you back as much as $40,000, plus it's a very serious procedure that carries risks. Ideally I'd love full counterclockwise rotation of both jaws. I can see what it would do to my face even without looking at a morph. In fact I see what it would do to most faces around me!
You are right, only if FAGGA had upward swinging of the maxilla then it isn't worth it imo.
Christ the govt should pay for everyone to have Lefort. Imagine the morale boost.
If everyone improves then the average itself goes up. But I would risk having a lefort 3 anytime.
What was the survival rate? 50%?

You are right, only if FAGGA had upward swinging of the maxilla then it isn't worth it imo.

On the plus side, it doesn't seem to grow the maxilla downwards. And as some point out in the comments under that video, apparent face lengthening could be due to the fact that they put molar pads on during treatment. That lengthens the face temporarily. There's an interesting comment from someone who works with FAGGA who says that it stimulates growth in three dimensions, it doesn't apply a force in any one direction. All it's doing is applying pressure to a special nerve that stimulates growth in response, and that growth happens in 3D.

If everyone improves then the average itself goes up. But I would risk having a lefort 3 anytime.
What was the survival rate? 50%?

Don't think I'd want to experience how sore you must be waking up after a Lefort 3. I bet you're not allowed to sneeze for a month otherwise it's curtains for your new face.

• +1
On the plus side, it doesn't seem to grow the maxilla downwards. And as some point out in the comments under that video, apparent face lengthening could be due to the fact that they put molar pads on during treatment. That lengthens the face temporarily. There's an interesting comment from someone who works with FAGGA who says that it stimulates growth in three dimensions, it doesn't apply a force in any one direction. All it's doing is applying pressure to a special nerve that stimulates growth in response, and that growth happens in 3D.
You gotta update me on the results of your research mate.
Don't think I'd want to experience how sore you must be waking up after a Lefort 3. I bet you're not allowed to sneeze for a month otherwise it's curtains for your new face.
Everything is screwed into place, so worries. The pain is definitely worth it if you want to ascend and you don't care about your life.

• +1
Reactions: TaCopineEstMoche
mEWING sounds positive as fuck lol doing it rn. yesterday first time tried it for 3h and already succeeded to sleep whole night and wake up with tongue in mewing position.

i feel weird and have dry mouth. yesterday i felt like as if i was more energized from that, not sure if placebo or not.

i hope it works tbh i have flat downward growth face as fuck but im never gonna get surgery. i like simplicity like mewing (if it works)

i wonder if i will see difference after 1 month

((Mewing))

• +1