Has anyone actually tried plucking their beard/facial hair?

thebuffdon690

thebuffdon690

Sphinx
How much does it hurt basically is the main question?

And if it doesn’t hurt bad how long does it take if you do it Quickly?

• +1
Reactions: Gilbert_Durandal
idk man dont be a pussy

@SidharthTheSlayer

dont do this shit, u will get trichotilomania.

• +1
Reactions: T50 Mogger
dont do this shit, u will get trichotilomania.
No he won't bro. He can pluck hair if he wants. They say you should pluck your unibrow not shave it. Also it barely hurts.

@Prettyboy used to write about this.

• +1
Reactions: coispet
It hurts a fair bit but you'll get used to it after a while

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690
No he won't bro. He can pluck hair if he wants. They say you should pluck your unibrow not shave it. Also it barely hurts.
Yes around the eyebrows it barely hurts I do there I was just wondering for beard hair it’s a whole different story

The more you do it the less it hurts but first time it hurts quits a bit

• +1
Reactions: Gilbert_Durandal
It hurts a lot and I only plucked the hair outside of the beard area. Especially seing these big dark hairs come out of your skin also doesn't feel that good

Pull one of your hairs as hard as you can thats how much it hurts :lul:
Not that much? Nah it must hurt way more than that cuz ur pulling it out of the skin

It hurts a lot and I only plucked the hair outside of the beard area. Especially seing these big dark hairs come out of your skin also doesn't feel that good
Why doesn’t it feel good? And how much does it hurt?

Is there any way to reduce the pain?

It hurts like a 5/10. It isn't like plucking your eyebrows as the hairs are thicker and longer. Buy a numbing cream if you want to do it, but it would take a long time. Maybe get IPL as an alternative

Wasn't your name yellow did one of your threads get deleted or something

• JFL
It hurts like a 5/10. It isn't like plucking your eyebrows as the hairs are thicker and longer. Buy a numbing cream if you want to do it, but it would take a long time. Maybe get IPL as an alternative
I tried IPL it does fuck all. Plucking is basically the only solution as long as it doesn’t hurt too bad I can do it fairly quickly - like 6 hours or so, which isn’t too bad

• +1
Reactions: ubicuse
I tried IPL it does fuck all. Plucking is basically the only solution as long as it doesn’t hurt too bad I can do it fairly quickly - like 6 hours or so, which isn’t too bad
Then go for it bro

You will get ingrown hair and shit, plus the hair follicles willl get damaged and will leave "scarring" almost when youre above 50
If you do it wrong I think only that happens. Still have to do some more research tho?

But if they do, any other suggestions? To remove it from the root

Least painful

• Hmm...
Reactions: majesticincel
If you do it wrong I think only that happens. Still have to do some more research tho?

But if they do, any other suggestions? To remove it from the root

Least painful
just make sure to not rush it/do it at an angle or something. Thats what would theoretically cause the damage i mentioned

• +1
just make sure to not rush it/do it at an angle or something. Thats what would theoretically cause the damage i mentioned
What would you recommend instead tho. Or this?

You will get ingrown hair and shit, plus the hair follicles willl get damaged and will leave "scarring" almost when youre above 50
Why would he get ingrown hair? If you shave and the hair grows sideways back into your skin that would be a ingrown hair. I had a few and just plucked them which caused the ingrown hairs to dissapear.

If you pluck the beard from the root often enough hairs won't grow anymore, correct me if I'm wrong.

• +1
Why would he get ingrown hair? If you shave and the hair grows sideways back into your skin that would be a ingrown hair. I had a few and just plucked them which caused the ingrown hairs to dissapear.

If you pluck the beard from the root often enough hairs won't grow anymore, correct me if I'm wrong.
They still grow the only time they don’t grow is if your hormones are nuked

Js shave with a singleblade, also plucking your eyebrows is alright if you dont overdo it
I do shave with a single blade. The reason I am trying to switch is bcuz I get insane shadow and lots of stubble, so I need a root removal method

• Hmm...
Reactions: majesticincel
The only other thing would be doing more IPL treatments I believe, how many have you done already?
I did it for a few months and nothing happened lol. I’m gonna get laser eventually but need a short term method

I did it for a few months and nothing happened lol. I’m gonna get laser eventually but need a short term method
Then go for it, just buy a numbing cream first and maybe a higher quality plucker(y)

• Love it
Then go for it, just buy a numbing cream first and maybe a higher quality plucker(y)
If I remember correctly did you say you did it? How was the full experience with plucking

It hurts like accidentally burning yourself on a really hot plate, for some reason some hairs hurt more than others but that’s the most painful it’s gotten

• +1
It hurts like accidentally burning yourself on a really hot plate, for some reason some hairs hurt more than others but that’s the most painful it’s gotten
Did you pluck your entire beard?

Is it tolerable?

If I remember correctly did you say you did it? How was the full experience with plucking
I only plucked the hairs outside of the beard area to get it into a better shape

A bit like this but I don't have that many hair follicles :forcedsmile:

Also I didn't use a numbing cream.

Shaving gives me more halo around my peers as shaving beard but being able to grow one > not being able to grow one
But if you really know that it would be the best thing to do for you, then go for it

I only plucked the hairs outside of the beard area to get it into a better shape
View attachment 3056293
A bit like this but I don't have that many hair follicles :forcedsmile:

Also I didn't use a numbing cream.

Shaving gives me more halo around my peers as shaving beard but being able to grow one > not being able to grow one
But if you really know that it would be the best thing to do for you, then go for it
Idk it depends on the pain level and time, but I’ll give it a go with numbing cream.

Does it get rid of shadow though that’s my main concern with shaving? It’s

• Love it
Reactions: Jonas2k7
Idk it depends on the pain level and time, but I’ll give it a go with numbing cream.

Does it get rid of shadow though that’s my main concern with shaving? It’s
It would get better I think

• +1
Is it tolerable?
I only plucked upper cheek hairs and some other odd hairs sticking out, I’d say like 100 in total, it’s tolerable to a point, I did at some point walk away and get something to drink or scroll on my phone :whatfeels: but you’re not gonna be there like something from jigsaw either :lul:

• JFL
I only plucked upper cheek hairs and some other odd hairs sticking out, I’d say like 100 in total, it’s tolerable to a point, I did at some point walk away and get something to drink or scroll on my phone :whatfeels: but you’re not gonna be there like something from jigsaw either :lul:
So how bad is the pain in your opinion? And why is it tolerable to a point. And would you say it’s worth it to do?