Has anyone drove for uber (story)

DwayneWhite55

DwayneWhite55

I'm 39 and stfu about Asia
So I work a low paying job at a gas station/drive thru. And on my way to work I guess I blew the head gasket on my mom's car. So I've been having to take uber rides which is expensive getting to work.

So I found out by a uber driver that you can rent a car through them and pay on it weekly and some of these guys make 1500-2000 a week ,they showed me.

The bad thing is you have to have about 300 up front for the first week for the rental which I can't spare right now. The other bad things is it probably is awkward meeting with all different types of people,and kind of dangerous. I've researched and there has been 1 death by robbery in Las Vegas. I'm in Ohio. Some hoodlum black guy robbed and killed a older white woman in her 40s.

Compared to the low paying job I work now making 200 dollars a week and have to look people in their face ,see all kinds of attractive women I can't get, know that they think I'm ugly and below them. Have to listen to customers bullshit, rude remarks,dirty looks,and bad attitudes. Or just see all these women who have boyfriends and husband's in their nice Cars and nice lives.

I have never been able to get any real money in life , always unemployed or worked a low paying job hardly even worth it dedicating your life for very low pay. Uber might be my way out of severe poverty?

Has anyone did it or would you do it?

• Woah
Reactions: ALP
u gotta be at least 24 years old or 26 I think to work for uber

if u rent a car it's not worth it cause ur income is fully taxable, better to use your own car

u gotta be at least 24 years old or 26 I think to work for uber

if u rent a car it's not worth it cause ur income is fully taxable, better to use your own car
Not from what I seen

You’re still just an independent contractor with no healthcare benefits and a car that’s getting beat up.

You’re still just an independent contractor with no healthcare benefits and a car that’s getting beat up.
You rent a car to take the beating

I don't get health benefits now lol I have medicaid. Do you work a really good job with Healthcare benefits ? Some of you act like your rich

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18804
Get yourself a cheap used civic and lets go

So I found out by a uber driver that you can rent a car through them and pay on it weekly and some of these guys make 1500-2000 a week ,they showed me.
Did you write down any notes on what made these guys successful or were you an idiot?

Did you write down any notes on what made these guys successful or were you an idiot?
Yes when I got picked up and they didn't really want bothered I was asking all kinds of questions with a pad of paper and pen asking how they got successful.

• +1
Reactions: Sexually Disabled
Yes when I got picked up and they didn't really want bothered I was asking all kinds of questions with a pad of paper and pen asking how they got successful.
Smart guy but you could have done one better by leading with value. If I was you I would have offered to clean their uber cars for free for a month or so. If you clean their cars once a day (preferably before their shift starts) you can ask them little questions every day about becoming a (successful) uber driver without bugging them much.

start selling weed
Dumbest advice you could possibly give someone. You lose money when you sell drugs.

• Hmm...
Reactions: UglyGod360
The other bad things is it probably is awkward meeting with all different types of people,and kind of dangerous. I've researched and there has been 1 death by robbery in Las Vegas. I'm in Ohio. Some hoodlum black guy robbed and killed a older white woman in her 40s.
I'm pretty sure there was one in PA too

Smart guy but you could have done one better by leading with value. If I was you I would have offered to clean their uber cars for free for a month or so. If you clean their cars once a day (preferably before their shift starts) you can ask them little questions every day about becoming a (successful) uber driver without bugging them much.
Please say you aren't this retarded and just talking shit

• JFL
Please say you aren't this retarded and just talking shit
Lol low sentience. I've already told you too much. It's all up to you now, buddy boyo.

In order to actually make money from drug dealing it's extremely likely that you're going to be doing it on consignment. Meaning that you'll have to pay your distributor after you sell your drugs. Until you make that money you are in debt to your distributor who will likely charge you crazy high margins like 90%. The danger with consignment is that if you get robbed or your drugs get seized whilst being imported you can't fully pay your dealer meaning that you will have to sell more drugs in order to cover your debt. Don't believe all the flexing you see only. A drug dealer might be flex 100 bands on their Insta but they don't actually own that it belongs to their disturbutor.

Last edited:
In order to actually make money from drug dealing it's extremely likely that you're going to be doing it on consignment. Meaning that you'll have to pay your distributor after you sell your drugs. Until you make that money you are in debt to your distributor who will likely charge you crazy high margins like 90%. The danger with consignment is that if you get robbed or your drugs get seized whilst being imported you can't fully pay your dealer meaning that you will have to sell more drugs in order to cover your debt. Don't believe all the flexing you see only. A drug dealer might be flex 100 bands on their Insta but they don't actually own that it belongs to their disturbutor.
Wtf are you talking about. Or just pay. Its legit a money doubler. Buy a gram for 5 sell for 10 not so hard. Wdym siezed theres like 100 tons of drugs in your country. We are not talking about pablo escobar. We are talking about a man making 3grand a month

Wtf are you talking about. Or just pay. Its legit a money doubler. Buy a gram for 5 sell for 10 not so hard. Wdym siezed theres like 100 tons of drugs in your country. We are not talking about pablo escobar. We are talking about a man making 3grand a month
WHAT DON'T YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND SELLING DRUGS ISN'T LIKE PLAYING ON A SLOT MACHINE.

If you want to be making 3k a month you are either going to be selling heroin, crack or coke. There's no way you're going to be selling 300 grams of weed a month. All of those options carry serious sentences.

Buy a gram for 5 sell for 10 not so hard.
You don't buy drugs like this. You buy it in bulk and break it down.

You're still going to be doing consignment because you're going to be working underneath someone in order to get the products to begin with. It won't be the Columbian cartel but it will be a regional drug dealer.

Don't think that you'll be able to walk up to a higher-up and ask for x amount of gear because you are going to get scammed. And you can't do shit because you're on your own.

Not only that but what the fuck are you going to do if, for example, you do find a way to make money selling drugs and get taxed by a gang? You're fucked unless you're working in a gang which means you'll be working on consignment. Even if you're in a gang your still going to be risking your life to fuck up your opps.

Plus how tf are you going to pay rent if you sell drugs? You can't pay in cash unless you're getting a special top-up card (That means you are living in some right shithole council flat). You need a bank account that going to get flagged real quick once the bank realises money is going in without you having a job.

I don't understand why you would risk your health, freedom and well being in order for such a shit life opportunity.

Last edited:
I've thought about how I would like to be a drug dealer before,seen it with my sisters 6'2 big black baby daddy.

But like you said you have to know a distributor in the first place ,and I don't. Then you got to be intimidating like he was and actually know and get along with other big black dudes. And even he was car chased getting shot at one time ,by some guys trying to rob him. Also the cops would always stop him and take all his drugs and money. And he'd have to start over.

• +1
I dont do uber but i do UberEATS temporarly. Money can be good on weekends. But not worth it long term plus it sucks. honestly stay away

Go on giga well prepared, if you do it.
Also taxation, insurance etc. Wise.

Worth the shot though.
If it looks good. When you crack all the numbers