Has anyone here every repaired a damaged mind from excessive internet use?

D

Deleted member 72630

Zephir
Like srsly my attention and memory are 0 nowadays.It takes such an insane effort to do tasks that require even 30 seconds of attention without a dopamine hit and I will still get distracted.

Even as we are typing this I have a phone in one hand and a laptop in the other while a youtube video plays and the tv is on.

Would cortexin/cerebrolysin and long walks help??

• +1
Reactions: murdah
Like srsly my attention and memory are 0 nowadays.It takes such an insane effort to do tasks that require even 30 seconds of attention without a dopamine hit and I will still get distracted.

Even as we are typing this I have a phone in one hand and a laptop in the other while a youtube video plays and the tv is on.

Pick up a sport or go for walks. and stop using the internet as much.

fixed it for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 72630
If we did we wouldn’t be here

• So Sad
I've been affected by this too. Always had ADHD as young as I can remember, but doom scrolling on social media for the past decade has made it way worse. Meds are my hope at this point

• +1
I've been affected by this too. Always had ADHD as young as I can remember, but doom scrolling on social media for the past decade has made it way worse. Meds are my hope at this point
i am a little anxious about actual ASHd meds I must admit. I think I’m gonna at least give cerebrolysin/actovegin/cortexin a shot first, maybe some other shit.

• +1
Reactions: Swarthy Knight
I just know you dug that link up out of you self improvement bookmark tabs that u havent touched in years
No, I just stumbled upon it a few days ago and this topic made me remember it...

• +1
Getting a job helped me in terms of learning and attention. But honestly my memory is still messed up. I don't know if the benefits came from having to do tasks and needing to be mentally present, or it just came from the fact that I'm not on the Internet at work. Bike rides get me off the Internet too. If the Internet is messing you up you have to find something better to do other than internet scrolling.

i am a little anxious about actual ASHd meds I must admit. I think I’m gonna at least give cerebrolysin/actovegin/cortexin a shot first, maybe some other shit.
Health supplements low key scare more than Rx meds tbh bcuz of possible unknown interactions and side effects. But yeah those might be worth trying before meds

• +1
Health supplements low key scare more than Rx meds tbh bcuz of possible unknown interactions and side effects. But yeah those might be worth trying before meds
cerebrolysin is p safe and widely used in russia, cortexin is basically the same thing but a little more specific to the cortex iirc

• +1
Reactions: Swarthy Knight

I tried to but I found out its better to accept the disadvantages and advantages of being chronically online than to cope and I’ve found a lot of success in that + I’m way less socially awkward now I accept it

I just changed my computer usage to productive things instead of gaming or watching youtube 24/7

probably due to autism

Users who are viewing this thread

Back