Has anyone here had lasik?

D

Deleted member 3478

Silver
Gonna book an appointment in the new year to fix my vision

I have to get it as well.

I have to get it as well.

goodluck. I’m gonna go through with it. My hair and fashion are pretty good. So far I’m using Minox, aggressive dermarolling and nizoral in a soft effort to maintain my hair. Possibly even considering finasteride.

• +1
Reactions: Neurose
goodluck. I’m gonna go through with it. My hair and fashion are pretty good. So far I’m using Minox, aggressive dermarolling and nizoral in a soft effort to maintain my hair. Possibly even considering finasteride.
Lasik is a necessity for me, my eyesight is -9 or some shit

• So Sad
Reactions: bugeye
I’m worried that all my time spent online will ruin a good LASIK surgery. I’ll have to find activities where I’m constantly looking far away, or somehow convert forums into audio format so I can read through my headphones

I’m worried that all my time spent online will ruin a good LASIK surgery. I’ll have to find activities where I’m constantly looking far away, or somehow convert forums into audio format so I can read through my headphones

Had it. Got my right eye from 20/200 to 20/50.

I had it done in 2017, took 7-8 minutes max and didn’t feel a thing, my quality of life improved alot tbh ngl

• +1
Reactions: animo123
I had it done in 2017, took 7-8 minutes max and didn’t feel a thing, my quality of life improved alot tbh ngl

can you look at your phone for a long time?

can you look at your phone for a long time?

After the procedure i stayed for a week or so without looking at a single screen and wearing sunglasses while outdoors, after that you CAN look at screens and what not just don’t rot in front of ur pc/phone.

I don't think so. according to my 'research' myopia is either genetic or (more likely tbh) caused by a lack of sunlight reaching the eyes during childhood, rather than looking at near/far away objects.

couple of facts on myopia epidemic:
- people in australia have nowhere near the same rates of myopia than those in china, hong kong, korea, etc (but europe too)
- light going into your eyes during childhood releases dopamine in your eyeballs which prevents it from elongating (which is what's responsible for myopia)

- dopamine supplements to replicate this effect already exist (not sure if publicly available though)

if you're not a child however then surgery is your only option, but it's probably not gonna get worse afterwards imo. at least not from environmental factors.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 98Zdeed98
Yes , its been 1year and 6 month, it what the moment i started looksmax without knowing what it is

I don't think so. according to my 'research' myopia is either genetic or (more likely tbh) caused by a lack of sunlight reaching the eyes during childhood, rather than looking at near/far away objects.

couple of facts on myopia epidemic:
- people in australia have nowhere near the same rates of myopia than those in china, hong kong, korea, etc (but europe too)
- light going into your eyes during childhood releases dopamine in your eyeballs which prevents it from elongating (which is what's responsible for myopia)

- dopamine supplements to replicate this effect already exist (not sure if publicly available though)

if you're not a child however then surgery is your only option, but it's probably not gonna get worse afterwards imo. at least not from environmental factors.

I highly doubt that myopia is that common as it is now because of genes
I don't think that 200-300 years ago someone with -3 or higher vision would be able to survive or pass his genes

I want to get it soon

Gonna book an appointment in the new year to fix my vision

getting in the next couple of years as well. I have the same concerns as well (screen time), all I know is that prolonged contact use can possibly lead to ptosis.

If you’re gonna get lasik make sure you get contoura