Has anyone here undergone tongue tie release?

ChristianChad

ChristianChad

Kraken
A while ago I started reading about tongue tie after @mvp2v1 pointed it out in a thread.
I was wondering if anyone on here had a tongue tie release.

Thank u gentlemen
спасибо джентльмен
@Acromegaly_Chad

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901 and mvp2v1
Bumper sticker

I have not gotten it. But I'll share some info on it. So first of all supposedly by blocking your airway in your sleep (sleep apnea) you put yourself at risk of stroke, and heart attack. I suggested to an ortho my plan to get a better sleep apnea diagnosis by correcting my tongue tie, she said it would work but that its not a good idea because my airway is so narrow (3mm, healthy airway is at least 13mm). This may be true or perhaps she was being dishonest to try and get me to pay for her retarded services.

Anyway. The general consensus on when to get tongue ties fixed is to do it after making sufficient room in the jaws.

In the video above there is a lot of good info, especially in the comments section. Obviously, after getting a tongue tie there is a bunch of exercises that you will need to do throughout the day and in the morning for at least 2 weeks to ensure the tongue tie does not return and perhaps even return in a worse state.

I personally am getting tired of the sub-par orthodontic field and thus was thinking I may just go for the tongue tie before the jaw expansion, I was thinking of doing it myself at home but the issue is I'm not confident I can safely release the posterior tie.

As for anecdotal on tongue ties this user shares some good info. He says mewing gains drastically improved after his tongue tie fix, and that he needed two operations.

• Love it
Reactions: Fiqh and ChristianChad