Has anyone tried Curly Girl Method + Only Water Method?

E

everythingmatters

Silver
I have been trying Only Water Method (OWM) and I can say that it works, but still I feel like maybe some product (not precessively "homemade") could help improve the quality of my hair?

I also don't think we should demonize ALL hair products - as almost always, black and white thinking is not good.

Yes, it is true that excess shampoo removes the natural oils from the hair, which is contradictory because they are necessary for healthy hair. But as I said, I think that the shampoo could still be useful in specific cases or days, and I also think that some other product could help me improve my hair even more than the OWM alone could.

That said, what product could I use on my hair, which does not damage it and which is in "harmony" with OWM? I need something that gives it a special appearance, in those days that one goes to some important event.

Also, has anyone with natural cury hair tried the curly girl method + OWM at the same time? Please share yout experience.

Also, could someone tell me what I have to do to hydrate my hair and what do I have to do to moisturize it? Hydrating and moisturizing are not the same thing, @benignice has already explained it, and in a post he said that the same concept applies to hair, but it is not clear to me to lick it on the hair. Too bad this user is no longer active

Can any high IQ user who really understand how hair works help me?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723 and Deleted member 5522
what is the curly girl method

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Deleted member 6723, Lux and 1 other person
I took these great users from a similar thread who might be interested:
@Mouthbreath
@hxrrington
@Proex
@Mohamad
@joeveniro

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Mouthbreath and Deleted member 6723
brush your hair this way, all the way down
put a hood and let it for like 3 hours
then thank me later for it

• +1
Reactions: WastedYouth, Deleted member 4416, Lux and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3323 and JustBeCurry
I can imagine it, but could you explain what it is for? 3 hours is a long time, I would have to do this every day. Or explain to me well what is it for?
just do it, nto really hard you do it even now and tell me the results later

i have curly hair but not like black ppl hair. I just apply coconut oil 30 mins before showering and then i wash my hair. I do this about once a week only. Keep in mind that coconut oil is v heavy i use it cuz i have thick hair and it makes my hair dry faster.
So far it has been good and made my hair less frizzy, but i am still adjusting the amount of coconut oil i use.

I can't do whatever that method is because my hair isn't curly :lul: