Has anyone who’s had invisalign noticed wider mouth after treatment?

Deleted member 4087

Deleted member 4087

It is what it is
I've been using invisalign for about 18 months. I remember six months into treatment my ortho took a bunch of photos of me compared to photos they had taken of me before the treatment and I looked completely different, +1psl increase. Keep in mind I was 13, and my mouth area was not the only thing that changed. Nonetheless, the invisalign definitely added a few mms to my IMW. Probably around 3-4 mms at the most.

But let me say that if you want invisalign instead of MSE or any palatal expander, forget it. I was really young at that point, and I still am, but most of you are past puberty, and it would not have the same effect. Either way, if you need braces, insist on getting invisalign. They will give you 1-2 mms of expansion usually, while braces will do the opposite.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4087
What were the other changes?
I don't have access to the photos, but I remember my mandible looking more defined, and a slight loss in facial fat, (did not lose any weight, just puberty taking its course). A very minimal increase in canthal tilt (right now my ct is about neutral). Thinking back on it now from a more enlightened perspective on facial aesthetics, I am pretty sure my pfl increased, too. I would not attribute all of these changes to invisalign, nor should you.

Last edited:
look at /r/invisalign for many before afters

For your question in some cases it does seem to visually widen palate but i’m not sure that’d lead to a noticeably wider mouth

I don't have access to the photos, but I remember my mandible looking more defined, and a slight loss in facial fat, (did not lose any weight, just puberty taking its course). A very minimal increase in canthal tilt (right now my ct is about neutral). Thinking back on it now from a more enlightened perspective on facial aesthetics, I am pretty sure my pfl increased, too. I would not attribute all of these changes to invisalign, nor should you.
so is MSE+FSOD+Facemask+invisilign optimal?

so is MSE+FSOD+Facemask+invisilign optimal?
MSE + MSDO + Sandra Kahn's facebow + invisalign

I am not familiar with FSOD. I am planning to get MSDO, are they similar?

MSE + MSDO + Sandra Kahn's facebow + invisalign

I am not familiar with FSOD. I am planning to get MSDO, are they similar?
i heard they are less invasive than msdo

could you provide some pictures/links? I cannot find it and I've been searching for a while
actually my bad its sfot not fsod smh

actually my bad its sfot not fsod smh

Ohhh lmao. I think I'd rather have my chin split than this:
Content dam diq online articles 2015 09 15sept17pia curryroblee newarticle thumbnail

• JFL
Reactions: YoungRichNigga