Have any of you had success with laser skin resurfacing for severe acne scarring?

Deleted member 281

Deleted member 281

PhD in LDARing.
Ill be getting co2 fractional laser treatment for my acne scars starting in jan. Have any of you ever done this? If you have, how were the results? How much did it cost?

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin
Can I see a pic of your scars maybe?

Can I see a pic of your scars maybe?
same as this, got some on temples and my upper back looks like that.

I did several rounds of co2 fractional laser, 700€ in total. It didn't get rid of them but improved a lot, around 40% I'd say. They're still there, and look absolutely awful in bad lighting, but I got improvements.

And they are probably the reason why I do ok on dating apps but shit in rl jfl

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
I did several rounds of co2 fractional laser, 700€ in total. It didn't get rid of them but improved a lot, around 40% I'd say. They're still there, and look absolutely awful in bad lighting, but I got improvements.

And they are probably the reason why I do ok on dating apps but shit in rl jfl
Would doing more rounds make them reduce more? Also, what did your scars look like, please post a pic of the kind of scars you had.

What does the acne have to look like to cause such scars?
hqdefault.jpg
I had these kind, on my back,(milder on my face) if yours are anything similar, talk to your doctor about accutane.

hqdefault.jpg
I had these kind, on my back,(milder on my face) if yours are anything similar, talk to your doctor about accutane.
I'm already on month 4 of my accutane treatment. My dermatologist kind of freaked out when he saw my acne and told me that he didn't have to use a high dose for a long time, that I am an exception. However, my acne is/was only half as bad as yours.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 281
Would doing more rounds make them reduce more? Also, what did your scars look like, please post a pic of the kind of scars you had.

No because there are strong diminishing returns because of how the treatment works. The first round you improve like 20%, then 10, then 5, then 2.5 and so on and so it's not worth doing them anymore. I don't have before pics unfortunately, but I can show you the current situation

LK8zByH.png

This is front facing in good lighting. You can barely see some rugged skin on the sides. Good lighting/bad lighting doesn't actually matter, because my scars are only on the sides and the front is clear.

YSWdnFq.png

Right side good lighting. You can see some small pores but nothing more.

ghDfgCZ.png

Left side good lighting. You can see that the skin is kinda rugged even with good lighting, the worse side of the two

Wjj8kQX.png

Right side bad lighting. Here you can see the pores are actually deeper, but no big deal.

RLgR6e9.png

Left side bad lighting. Here you can see the scars and how deep they are.

Of course I can play with the lighting even more, I can appear potentially smooth as a baby's ass or a legit monster. But that's pretty much it, they were 35/40% worse before the treatment

No because there are strong diminishing returns because of how the treatment works. The first round you improve like 20%, then 10, then 5, then 2.5 and so on and so it's not worth doing them anymore. I don't have before pics unfortunately, but I can show you the current situation

LK8zByH.png

This is front facing in good lighting. You can barely see some rugged skin on the sides. Good lighting/bad lighting doesn't actually matter, because my scars are only on the sides and the front is clear.

YSWdnFq.png

Right side good lighting. You can see some small pores but nothing more.

ghDfgCZ.png

Left side good lighting. You can see that the skin is kinda rugged even with good lighting, the worse side of the two

Wjj8kQX.png

Right side bad lighting. Here you can see the pores are actually deeper, but no big deal.

RLgR6e9.png

Left side bad lighting. Here you can see the scars and how deep they are.

Of course I can play with the lighting even more, I can appear potentially smooth as a baby's ass or a legit monster. But that's pretty much it, they were 35/40% worse before the treatment
I see, right side is barely noticeable, as for the left, have you considered fillers? Is there also any other type of treatment other than laser?

I see, right side is barely noticeable, as for the left, have you considered fillers? Is there also any other type of treatment other than laser?

Fillers are the only thing that work for deep scars but I hate the idea of being dependent on them as you have to redo them every month or so, if I had worse scarring I'd consider it but tbh at this point they don't bother me as much.

As far as other treatments, my dermatologist told me that the most effective way of dealing with ice pick scars (the small ones on my right side) is TCA cross. For larger scars, it's mechanical abrasion + stem cells but that's like 10 grands

• +1
Fillers are the only thing that work for deep scars but I hate the idea of being dependent on them as you have to redo them every month or so, if I had worse scarring I'd consider it but tbh at this point they don't bother me as much.

As far as other treatments, my dermatologist told me that the most effective way of dealing with ice pick scars (the small ones on my right side) is TCA cross. For larger scars, it's mechanical abrasion + stem cells but that's like 10 grands
Damn..... That's expensive. Thanks for all the information though. (y)

One last question, the pic I posted above, the one of the dude's back, does laser help with such scars or not really?

Damn..... That's expensive. Thanks for all the information though. (y)

One last question, the pic I posted above, the one of the dude's back, does laser help with such scars or not really?

If I'm not wrong, those are hypertrophic scars and laser should have more effect on them than regular scars. Normal scars are like indentations in the skin and you can't really create new skin from thin air, you can just flatten them to make them look better. However with hypertrophic scars you should get a much better result as you literally vaporize layers of skin. Even if they don't actually reduce in size, they will look more even and give you much better complexion

• +1
If I'm not wrong, those are hypertrophic scars and laser should have more effect on them than regular scars. Normal scars are like indentations in the skin and you can't really create new skin from thin air, you can just flatten them to make them look better. However with hypertrophic scars you should get a much better result as you literally vaporize layers of skin. Even if they don't actually reduce in size, they will look more even and give you much better complexion
No dude, atrophic scars, different from hypertrophic, similar scarring to severe stretch marks.