Having a million in savings/invested by 30 (1 decade time)

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
So I was calculating this out of curiosity assuming I invested my money into the "S&P 500" which historically has a return rate of 10-7%. I would need to invest 5,480 a month or around 65 grand a year. It seems pretty difficult my only real advantage is college for me is basically relatively free and I will soon get free living too. But how can I earn 65 grand a year while studying?

I am probably going to need to start a business I can do on the side to ever hope to get this kind of money outside of a real STEM job.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 16220, Hero of the Imperium, midlatinocel and 1 other person
But it seems pretty hopeless maybe I should shoot for 500,000 instead

for 500 grand I would need to make and invest 2,700 a month or around 32 grand

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend
Get into comp sci and this is easily realistic

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Respalier and Deleted member 11126
Get into comp sci and this is easily realistic
Yeah but I won't be making the big bucks till the end most likely so I wouldn't make it by 30 more then likely

investing is jewish propaganda so the banks can hoard your money even more. you need a high earning job not muh let me invest. also 1 million in 10 years is gonna be worth nothing

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: JovenCansao, emeraldglass, Deleted member 20422 and 2 others
investing is jewish propaganda so the banks can hoard your money even more. you need a high earning job not muh let me invest. also 1 million in 10 years is gonna be worth nothing
Well I meant 1 million in 2023 money. Also investing is to combat inflation. If you don't invest then your already screwed if I could get to 1 million I would probably divert it into rentals which is a much better long term plan then investing in the stock market.

• +1
Reactions: midlatinocel, Respalier and garoupilled_
More like you’ll end up working for 40-50k and 90% will go on cost of living.

Why do all the retarded kids on this forum think they can even make an above average income? Life is already against you if you found this place.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Britmaxxer, garoupilled_ and twilight
yea doable if you live cheaply and really are committed

i'd suggest maxxing out student loans and having fun instead of making 65k a year during college though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
yea doable if you live cheaply and really are committed

i'd suggest maxxing out student loans and having fun instead of making 65k a year during college though
My dad said if I take it seriously he will pay for my college

• Woah
Reactions: incel194012940
More like you’ll end up working for 40-50k and 90% will go on cost of living.

Why do all the retarded kids on this forum think they can even make an above average income? Life is already against you if you found this place.
My cost of living is 1,200 a month and I make 5 grand so I am currently saving 3,800 a month I am striving to make more money

Investing in S&P 500 is easy money unless there is financial/political turmoil like there was in 2008/20/22

do your own research and invest smartly and you can easily beat the 10% a year of boomer stocks

if there was a risk free way to get rich that didnt take work everyone would do it

My cost of living is 1,200 a month and I make 5 grand so I am currently saving 3,800 a month I am striving to make more money
how do u make 5 grand a month???