hay fever / nasal allergies can cause unintended mewing

neithernorwood

neithernorwood

Iron
i had terrible terrible hay fever allergies that blocked my nose for all my childhood into early adulthood when i got allergy shots. that whole time i mouth breathed constantly. and yet my maxilla is only mildly recessed. this puzzled me but i think i figured it out.

i would push my tongue to the roof of my mouth as a way to itch it as described here:

Allergic rhinitis can also cause the tongue or the roof of the mouth to feel itchy. In some cases, you may notice your child making a clicking sound as he or she tries to relieve this itching by pressing the tongue against the roof of the mouth.

That's exactly what I do when my allergies are bad and I have post nasal drip and itchy nose/mouth area. When I watched mewing videos the motion felt familiar in this way.

tldr so nasal allergies were shitty cause they caused mouth breathing but good in that they taught me to mew at young age

whaddya think? anyone have something similar?

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and zeke714
mewing in title = cope

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: datboijj and thecel
i had terrible terrible hay fever allergies that blocked my nose for all my childhood into early adulthood when i got allergy shots. that whole time i mouth breathed constantly. and yet my maxilla is only mildly recessed. this puzzled me but i think i figured it out.

i would push my tongue to the roof of my mouth as a way to itch it as described here:

That's exactly what I do when my allergies are bad and I have post nasal drip and itchy nose/mouth area. When I watched mewing videos the motion felt familiar in this way.

tldr so nasal allergies were shitty cause they caused mouth breathing but good in that they taught me to mew at young age

whaddya think? anyone have something similar?
allergies fuck your development and prevent you from breathing straight through your nose even with your fucking tongue in the roof of your mouth

allergies fuck your development and prevent you from breathing straight through your nose even with your fucking tongue in the roof of your mouth

obviously it's better to not have allergies at all. my observation is simply that there is a silver lining:

Allergic rhinitis can also cause the tongue or the roof of the mouth to feel itchy. In some cases, you may notice your child making a clicking sound as he or she tries to relieve this itching by pressing the tongue against the roof of the mouth.

and in my case at least, this could explain why my maxilla isn't *that* recessed despite years of mouth breathing

Rhinitis gang :feelscry::feelsrope:

my pallette is always ichy
does that mean I'm always sick
Well I already knew that tbh
and I know how to deal with it

This can also explain the idiots who say
"i've mouth breathed my entire life but I grew (insert facial attribute)"
you can't debunk mewing