HBO has cast a 6'5 former rugby player to play a character who's described as giant/toweringly and comically tall in the source material

kanderior

kanderior

Banned
HBO is working on an adaptation of Dunk and Egg, a series of books set in the world of Game of Thrones about a knight called Ser Duncan the Tall and his squire, a Targaryen prince named Aegon. Ser Duncan is described as a huge guy in the books, "nearly seven feet", towering over every person he meets, and kind of naive, innocent, oafish and awkward but also endearing and attractive to women in his own shy way. The casting agency had called for a guy at least 6'4.

The actor who got cast for the role is an Irish former rugby player called Peter Claffey. Looks the part imo, slightly acromegalic to have that "clumsy oaf" look (a big part of his backstory is that he comes from a dirt poor peasant background and feels very out of place with lords, "proper knights" etc.), but gl enough to be a convincing sympathetic protagonist that women could find attractive. According to his rugby page he is is 196 cm/6'5.

Goes to show that in the real world 6'5 is huge, borderline comically so, and the fact that they had to pick a former rugby player also shows how rare people in that height range really are. Puts into perspective the height discussions people here have, with some rotters talking about how 6'6-6'9 is ideal, 6'2 gets mogged often and crap like that. It also highlights that awkward oafish look these guys tend to have, i.e. how extremely rare high-psl guys with that height really are (I think this guy has very high SMV irl but that's a different topic). Realistically speaking I think 6'5 is the worst you should expect to run into/get mogged by on a somewhat regular basis, "6'6+ moggers" might as well not exist for you in your everyday life.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum, the next o'pry, DelonLover1999 and 1 other person
Just let GoT die already

• +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum, LooksThinker and DelonLover1999
everyone here larps about height

• +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum, LooksThinker and XtrovertNTnormalfag
another height coping thread from this faggot

• JFL
Reactions: kanderior
i wish i was 6'5, im 6'1 and in germany i get mogged by every second guy. never been called tall once in my life, besides at 14 when i had my growth spurt and had my max height by 15. brutal

• JFL
Reactions: DelonLover1999
and even then sports heights r usually rounded i wouldn’t be surprised if he’s actually 6’4 or 6’4.5

another height coping thread from this faggot
I'd insult you back, but then I remembered you'd have to be beyond miserable and clinically retarded to act as you do here, so nothing I could say would be as harsh as the cruel hand fate has played you. Stay strong lil bro, I imagine life on nightmare mode is no joke.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: arabcelxxx, Primalsplit and DelonLover1999
I'd insult you back, but then I remembered you'd have to be beyond miserable and clinically retarded to act as you do here, so nothing I could say would be as harsh as the cruel hand fate has played you. Stay strong lil bro, I imagine life on nightmare mode is no joke.
dnr manlet

• JFL
dnr manlet
I know, clinical retardation is correlated with impaired reading skills. It was for me more than anything, had to express my sympathies.

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit
New hbo max show delves into the backstory Varlv -- the boy who emptied the piss buckets for the house of lannister. Starring some curly headed british child and Charles Dance's piss because fuck you. There's faggots that will keep watching this shit no matter what they put out.

• JFL

:lul::lul::soy:

• JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall and kanderior
Yeah org users larp about height it is comically to watch them
"Muh I am 6'1 and manlet everyone on my college campus is 6'5" can't tell if they are larping or seriously autistic.

• +1
Reactions: itsherlossNVM and Primalsplit
Don't forget that a 6'5 dude played Edmund Kemper who is likely 6'9 (robpaul thinks he's between 6'9 and 6'9.5) which shows how tall 6'5 actually is, but the people in this movie could just be manlets

Don't forget that a 6'5 dude played Edmund Kemper who is likely 6'9 (robpaul thinks he's between 6'9 and 6'9.5) which shows how tall 6'5 actually is, but the people in this movie could just be manlets
yeah I'm guessing the show's cast is gonna be mainly British, who aren't the tallest people, making a 6'5 guy look like the "giant" the character he's playing is supposed to be. Still, when the average person sees a legit 6'5+ guy irl they think he looks giant, even in the Netherlands it's taller than 97-99% of men. It's why a lot of people here consider 6'2-6'4 ideal, past 6'4 your height dominates your appearance too much and it borders on nichemaxxing

Last edited:
yeah I'm guessing the show's cast is gonna be mainly British, who aren't the tallest people, making a 6'5 guy look like the "giant" the character he's playing is supposed to be, but still when the average person sees a legit 6'5+ guy irl they think he looks giant. It's why a lot of people here consider 6'2-6'4 ideal, past 6'4 your height dominates your appearance too much and it borders on nichemaxxing
Yeah and I noticed that on this site you often talk about height and often mention that 6'6 and over is not ideal or has diminishing returns.

Are you saying this because it is too tall by itself or that it is still a good height but people who tend to have it have "ogre" faces?

Yeah and I noticed that on this site you often talk about height and often mention that 6'6 and over is not ideal or has diminishing returns.

Are you saying this because it is too tall by itself or that it is still a good height but people who tend to have it have "ogre" faces?
I don't think it's an opinion unique to me, a lot of people here consider 6'6 the beginning of too tall and only some rotters think "the taller the better", "7'0 is ideal" and stuff like that. But yeah outside of a small minority of genetically gifted guys, who you mainly see in sports, super tall guys tend to have weird proportions, very bad frames and ogre faces. It's dysgenic in its own way imo, like "reverse manletism", men aren't meant to be that tall.
But for me mainly it looks awkward and unaesthetic in real life, you want to stand out and be a mogger but past a point it looks comical. And when you're a foot taller than the average woman in the tallest country in the world it probably causes practical problems too. At 6'4-6'5 you're already huge and taller than 99% of men almost everywhere, and tower over virtually every woman, no benefits in being past that unless you wanna go into the NBA or something. There's a reason models and Hollywood actors for the most part are never past 6'4. There's also those studies that show there is such a thing as "too tall" for women and they have a preferred height difference, I doubt the average woman wants this:

i wish i was 6'5, im 6'1 and in germany i get mogged by every second guy. never been called tall once in my life, besides at 14 when i had my growth spurt and had my max height by 15. brutal
alter bist du ein vollidiot ob du jetzt 185 oder 195 bist macht einfach null unterschied in deinem dating leben

außer du willst einfach nur height moggen dann kann ich das irgendwo verstehen lol

• +1
I don't think it's an opinion unique to me, a lot of people here consider 6'6 the beginning of too tall and only some rotters think "the taller the better", "7'0 is ideal" and stuff like that. But yeah outside of a small minority of genetically gifted guys, who you mainly see in sports, super tall guys tend to have weird proportions, very bad frames and ogre faces. It's dysgenic in its own way imo, like "reverse manletism", men aren't meant to be that tall.
But for me mainly it looks awkward and unaesthetic in real life, you want to stand out and be a mogger but past a point it looks comical. And when you're a foot taller than the average woman in the tallest country in the world it probably causes practical problems too. At 6'4-6'5 you're already huge and taller than 99% of men almost everywhere, and tower over virtually every woman, no benefits in being past that unless you wanna go into the NBA or something. There's a reason models and Hollywood actors for the most part are never past 6'4. There's also those studies that show there is such a thing as "too tall" for women and they have a preferred height difference, I doubt the average woman wants this:
View attachment 2848113
Fair enough everything is inflated, 6'3 is manlet, 6 inch is tiny, nonstraight hairline means balding etc etc etc.

But yeah with regards to 6'6 and over (especially if you are a lanklet) that's pretty much nigger height at which women can be scared of even dating you, obviously shock value plays a part into mogging someone but exactly like you said it becomes comical and absurd.

• +1
alter bist du ein vollidiot ob du jetzt 185 oder 195 bist macht einfach null unterschied in deinem dating leben

außer du willst einfach nur height moggen dann kann ich das irgendwo verstehen lol
Most german women are 168-171, 185 being short or unattractive even is delusion.

Fair enough everything is inflated, 6'3 is manlet, 6 inch is tiny, nonstraight hairline means balding etc etc etc.

But yeah with regards to 6'6 and over (especially if you are a lanklet) that's pretty much nigger height at which women can be scared of even dating you, obviously shock value plays a part into mogging someone but exactly like you said it becomes comical and absurd.
yeah at 6'6+ you have to be very gl to pull it off, if you're anything less than HTN you just look awkward/comical or intimidating to women, if not outright ugly and weird

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Azonin
Most german women are 168-171, 185 being short or unattractive even is delusion.
yes agreed on the 185 part i mean face mogs all anyway

i just don't agree with girls being between 168-171 i would say that most are max 165 and then there are some outliers that are 175+

Now that I think about it a bit more the average woman there is 5'6-5'7, 185 is roughly 6'1 and 195 is roughly 6'5, if the woman is about 5'6 the difference between her and a 6'1 guy would be 7 inches, the difference between her and a 6'5 guy is 11 inches or near a whole foot, (women in reality don't like this) possibly 185 is ideal along with the studies also support this idea

Now that I think about it a bit more the average woman there is 5'6-5'7, 185 is roughly 6'1 and 195 is roughly 6'5, if the woman is about 5'6 the difference between her and a 6'1 guy would be 7 inches, the difference between her and a 6'5 guy is 11 inches or near a whole foot, (women in reality don't like this) possibly 185 is ideal along with the studies also support this idea
yes agreed on the 185 part i mean face mogs all anyway

i just don't agree with girls being between 168-171 i would say that most are max 165 and then there are some outliers that are 175+
I don't know when I met my girlfriend from germany she was close to 5'9 or 175 and yeah she seemed tall to me because all women here in the uk are relatively shorter not to mention most of them are ethnics since I live in london, but I thought it was normal/expected

And it is important to distinguish what women ask for and what they end up with or rather "never judge a woman by her words but her actions", women will ask for 6'9 10 inches 10 figures no flaws, but they actually have no idea.

I don't know when I met my girlfriend from germany she was close to 5'9 or 175 and yeah she seemed tall to me because all women here in the uk are relatively shorter not to mention most of them are ethnics since I live in london, but I thought it was normal/expected
it is weird like ive said before i think it is like that most girls are like 163-165 and somehow there are more like 173+ than 168-171

it is weird like ive said before i think it is like that most girls are like 163-165 and somehow there are more like 173+ than 168-171
Haha yeah if they are 163-165max usually imagine how short these indian ones are, a lot of them in my area are actual dwarfs by definition

And it is important to distinguish what women ask for and what they end up with or rather "never judge a woman by her words but her actions", women will ask for 6'9 10 inches 10 figures no flaws, but they actually have no idea.
Yeah there's this study called The Height of Choosiness, and one of its findings was that the women said they wanted 10 inches of difference, but in practice the most popular heights were 6-8 inches above female average

Last edited:
Haha yeah if they are 163-165max usually imagine how short these indian ones are, a lot of them in my area are actual dwarfs by definition
yeah true and how did you even meet your gf in germany if you are from india?
like how did you get to know each other

yeah true and how did you even meet your gf in germany if you are from india?
like how did you get to know each other
Dude Im not indian Im pole living in london, there are just a lot of pajeets here

Dude Im not indian Im pole living in london, there are just a lot of pajeets here
I met her on the internet but met up with her irl after

ops my bad i read it like you are from india

I met her on the internet but met up with her irl after
is it even worth to take that long way

btw can u dm Pic of her if u have?

Yeah there's this study called The Height of Choosiness, and one of its findings was that the women said they wanted 10 inches of difference, but in practice the most popular heights were 6-8 inches above female average
Shit if they wanted 8 inches of difference maximally then assuming the average height is 5'4-5'6 that would correspond to a maximum height of 6-6'2 for a man, the average woman is the most common woman so that would mean that you have the height most women find attractive which implies 6', 6'1 and 6'2 are top heights in europe/usa/australia/canada

Shit if they wanted 8 inches of difference maximally then assuming the average height is 5'4-5'6 that would correspond to a maximum height of 6-6'2 for a man, the average woman is the most common woman so that would mean that you have the height most women find attractive which implies 6', 6'1 and 6'2 are top heights in europe/usa/australia/canada
Additionally if 10 inches was over their ideal height difference then that would theoretically mean 6'2 is too tall in usa

Additionally if 10 inches was over their ideal height difference then that would theoretically mean 6'2 is too tall in usa
That is what it found yeah. Tbh I question some findings of the study, I think people here exaggerate the shit out of the height pill and hypergamy, but 6'0 being ideal and 6'3 too tall for American women is pushing it even for me. You can check it out here. This is the result of the preferred heights:

That is what it found yeah. Tbh I question some findings of the study, I think people here exaggerate the shit out of the height pill and hypergamy, but 6'0 being ideal and 6'3 too tall for American women is pushing it even for me. You can check it out here. This is the result of the preferred heights:
View attachment 2848184
Imagine the difference in results if you also asked women heights in metric rather than imperial, such as "Would you date a 5'11 man?" which would be the same as "Would you date a man who is 180cm tall?"

Imagine the difference in results if you also asked women heights in metric rather than imperial, such as "Would you date a 5'11 man?" which would be the same as "Would you date a man who is 180cm tall?"
yeah the way the numbers look definitely plays a role, people like round convenient numbers. I'm pretty sure they said 10 inches cause it's a simple round number for "much taller compared to me". European women would probably say 20 cm, which is 8 inches, for similar reasons.

• +1
Reactions: Azonin
JFL some hot blonde foid yesterday was talking about watching GoT with her bf in the elevator

yeah the way the numbers look definitely plays a role, people like round convenient numbers. I'm pretty sure they said 10 inches cause it's a simple round number for "much taller compared to me". European women would probably say 20 cm, which is 8 inches, for similar reasons.
That's why the studies that include reports don't matter, including men who self-report height and women who simply state a height that they want. 6'2 can fraud to 6'5 with drunk american sluts. I think the highest height I got called by a woman was 196 which is slightly over 6'5

HBO is working on an adaptation of Dunk and Egg, a series of books set in the world of Game of Thrones about a knight called Ser Duncan the Tall and his squire, a Targaryen prince named Aegon. Ser Duncan is described as a huge guy in the books, "nearly seven feet", towering over every person he meets, and kind of naive, innocent, oafish and awkward but also endearing and attractive to women in his own shy way. The casting agency had called for a guy at least 6'4.
View attachment 2840404
The actor who got cast for the role is an Irish former rugby player called Peter Claffey. Looks the part imo, slightly acromegalic to have that "clumsy oaf" look (a big part of his backstory is that he comes from a dirt poor peasant background and feels very out of place with lords, "proper knights" etc.), but gl enough to be a convincing sympathetic protagonist that women could find attractive. According to his rugby page he is is 196 cm/6'5.
View attachment 2840414View attachment 2840445
Goes to show that in the real world 6'5 is huge, borderline comically so, and the fact that they had to pick a former rugby player also shows how rare people in that height range really are. Puts into perspective the height discussions people here have, with some rotters talking about how 6'6-6'9 is ideal, 6'2 gets mogged often and crap like that. It also highlights that awkward oafish look these guys tend to have, i.e. how extremely rare high-psl guys with that height really are (I think this guy has very high SMV irl but that's a different topic). Realistically speaking I think 6'5 is the worst you should expect to run into/get mogged by on a somewhat regular basis, "6'6+ moggers" might as well not exist for you in your everyday life.
View attachment 2840421View attachment 2840426View attachment 2840451
Im pretty sure Jacob Elordi is being cast as Aegon Targaryen no? If so that means 2 gigantic mfs in one show the whole time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back