Help a youngcel to have MSE

Does the expansion of the mandible need to be done at the same time as the maxillary expansions to avoid aggravating the TMJ and prevent misalignment, or can it be done one after the other?
Can be done one after the other. Maybe if your mandible is way too narrow then they’d both be done at the same time?

Not sure if one method is better than the other.

SFOT is exactly what Ead is going to do to expand his lower arch. It seems very invasive based on the little I know about it, but I’m not sure which is more invasive, SFOT or MSDO. Think of MSDO as the closest thing to an MSE for mandible...not quite the same but a form of distraction, really the only form possible in the lower arch because there is no hard floor you can drill into to have a true MSE for lower palate (the roof of the upper palate is firm and can be drilled into. The floor of the lower palate is squishy, and can’t be drilled into).

For expanding lower palate, the three best options are MSDO, SFOT, and hyrax expander. Expanding the lower can be something you may need if you do enough expansion with MSE.
Can SFOT help you with your lower third? Or it’s all alveolar remodeling. I would get double Jaw but that’s extremely expensive, recovery time takes ages and very invasive

Last edited:
SFOT is exactly what Ead is going to do to expand his lower arch. It seems very invasive based on the little I know about it, but I’m not sure which is more invasive, SFOT or MSDO. Think of MSDO as the closest thing to an MSE for mandible...not quite the same but a form of distraction, really the only form possible in the lower arch because there is no hard floor you can drill into to have a true MSE for lower palate (the roof of the upper palate is firm and can be drilled into. The floor of the lower palate is squishy, and can’t be drilled into).

For expanding lower palate, the three best options are MSDO, SFOT, and hyrax expander. Expanding the lower can be something you may need if you do enough expansion with MSE.
Thank you for this knowledge!!