help with retinol

Detective

Detective

Zephir
i will start skincare routine with retinol. should i use any other products with retinol?(other than cleaner,mouisturizer and spf)

read somewhere that those are the only things you need (cleaner, moist, spf, retinoid)

well this all depends on how how your current skin is. Do you have a lot of acne or mild acne. If you do have acne than what and what kind of acne do you have ?

is vaselin necessary?

well this all depends on how how your current skin is. Do you have a lot of acne or mild acne, and what kind of acne do you have ?

mine is like grade 1 or 2 or between with those 2

well this all depends on how how your current skin is. Do you have a lot of acne or mild acne, and what kind of acne do you have ?
i have acne, whitehead,maybe redness

i have acne, whitehead,maybe redness
If that’s the case, than you should add niacinamide syrum, it’ll help ease the inflammation and help reduce the redness on your skin. Bonus by the way, your nose may be bigger than it is supposed to be, because of acne your nose may be affected by lots of inflammation which will make your nose seem bigger, once your acne clears up and the inflammation goes away, your nose is gonna be a little smaller.

If that’s the case, than you should add niacinamide syrum, it’ll help ease the inflammation and help reduce the redness on your skin. Bonus by the way, your nose may be bigger than it is supposed to be, because of acne your nose may be affected by lots of inflammation which will make your nose seem bigger, once your acne clears up and the inflammation goes away, your nose is gonna be a little smaller.
do you think vaselin necessary after retinol?

do you think vaselin necessary after retinol?
No not on your skin, it’s ok to use it on your lips as it makes them more plump, but not on your skin. This is because when you use retinol which is a very strong exfoliation active, covering it in something thick like Vaseline will suffocate that active on your skin which causes more irritation.

Try and get tretinoin prescribed, 0.025% is probably enough for you.