Here is what I have gathered working as the worst kind of wagie - service worker

NuclearBrainReturns

NuclearBrainReturns

Matthew 4:1-11
- Some of the coworkers view their coworkers as an extended family. It's quite clear to me that they don't have many friends or family outside of the work environment. On top of this, they also don't seem to have many other hobbies outside of working. I would say about 60% of the conversations between coworkers are about previous times they worked together in a form of "remember when" discussions about something funny. They don't talk about doing shit outside of work. Some of these people aren't even old or fat or ugly and yet they all seem to think like this. It's weird.

- The most lonely of coworkers constantly try to schedule work nights out where we will go and do something like drink at a bar or go see a movie. This wouldn't be a bad thing if there wasn't some desperate undertone to the request for us all to hang out after work. Like I said, they view us as some extended family and not as associates in a business. It's quite gross if you ask me.

- Customers are relentlessly aggressive and nasty about 1/3rd of the time. A lot are pleasant and patient but many are downright horrible cunts. The amount of abuse me and the other customer-facing people get on a daily basis is disgusting and you aren't allowed to speak up for yourself or you risk being reprimanded. They demand you do X,Y,Z instantaneously and get angry if you take one second too long than they are used to. I get it though, they have a real job to go to and service workers are dehumanised robots as far as they are concerned. But even still, I never treated service workers like this when I had a decent job/unemployed. I didn't view them as an automaton.

- There is quite a lot of theory involved with working in the service industry. It isn't just serving people food, they get you to go on a training course which takes a long time and there are a lot of tidbits to memorize. You get tested every month apparently (at my job) to make sure you are remembering all of the theory tests.

- There is a rigorous pattern everyone has to stick to in their role in order to have everything running smoothly. It runs like a machine. If one person isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing or there is a problem with equipment etc, then the entire shopfloor stops functioning. There is no room to be standing around doing nothing (physically as well as metaphorically).

- Some of my coworkers look as if they would be fun and NT but in reality they are zombified and have absolutely fuck all in their personal lives. Only a little more than the fat ugly losers that try to supplement real friendship with coworkers (planning nights out as I said). Such an environment completely destroys any hope of you becoming a man/woman of means. Someone with cool interesting things to do.

- That ties into how our contracts are structured. Each week we get different times we are working and so medium planning of personal life events are on hold. You don't know when you are going to be working the next week until the Sunday of the previous week. You are bound to the ever changing schedule.

It's fucking terrible. Don't ever do it. I am almost done with this job but need to get this months pay before I leave.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, SLA, Deleted member 21863 and 10 others
I just want pussy man... 😐

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, aBetterMii, thetruealpha and 6 others
When I worked at a grocery store I had a similar experience, full of low IQ people with shitty upbringings and no future who enjoy the company of each other since they're in similar positions.
I didn't talk to anyone there since it was pointless, I didn't want their mindset to infect me and I knew the situation was only temporary.

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Pharmaceutic, Deleted member 21863, CEO of Sex and 2 others
I worked a summer job at a restaurant

Similar shared experience

Hated every minute I was in. Even meaningless convos with people I really didn't have any interest in knowing

"You think it's gonna be busy today? Hopefully, tips ya know, look pics of my kids, they in school now"

It was horrible hearing the "Remember that day at the other restaurant. When we were packed and Jhonny had like 10 tables at the same time and the owner was yelling lmao lol lol"

I don't know why but it bothered me just listening to this. And yeah everything is so mechanized that stuff doesn't feel genuine. They were cool but I hope I don't see them again.

Didn't have any bad exp w customers, except this nigger who got mad bc I asked how he was doing and if needed anything

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ROTTING, CEO of Sex, NuclearBrainReturns and 1 other person
This is why you youngcels need to work hard in school so you don’t end up as a low status wagie

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Britmaxxer and 6 others
I worked it for 3 years, 2 years parttime and almost 1 year fulltime
I had some autonomy because of my relation to the owners but it was still draining
I intend to never work under anyone else's instructions for the rest of my days

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING, thereallegend and ManletBlackcel
also everyone is fucking each other at work

• Woah
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, aBetterMii, CEO of Sex and 1 other person
what are good entry / part-time jobs to avoid these types of people :whatfeels:

- Some of the coworkers view their coworkers as an extended family. It's quite clear to me that they don't have many friends or family outside of the work environment. On top of this, they also don't seem to have many other hobbies outside of working. I would say about 60% of the conversations between coworkers are about previous times they worked together in a form of "remember when" discussions about something funny. They don't talk about doing shit outside of work. Some of these people aren't even old or fat or ugly and yet they all seem to think like this. It's weird.

- The most lonely of coworkers constantly try to schedule work nights out where we will go and do something like drink at a bar or go see a movie. This wouldn't be a bad thing if there wasn't some desperate undertone to the request for us all to hang out after work. Like I said, they view us as some extended family and not as associates in a business. It's quite gross if you ask me.

- Customers are relentlessly aggressive and nasty about 1/3rd of the time. A lot are pleasant and patient but many are downright horrible cunts. The amount of abuse me and the other customer-facing people get on a daily basis is disgusting and you aren't allowed to speak up for yourself or you risk being reprimanded. They demand you do X,Y,Z instantaneously and get angry if you take one second too long than they are used to. I get it though, they have a real job to go to and service workers are dehumanised robots as far as they are concerned. But even still, I never treated service workers like this when I had a decent job/unemployed. I didn't view them as an automaton.

- There is quite a lot of theory involved with working in the service industry. It isn't just serving people food, they get you to go on a training course which takes a long time and there are a lot of tidbits to memorize. You get tested every month apparently (at my job) to make sure you are remembering all of the theory tests.

- There is a rigorous pattern everyone has to stick to in their role in order to have everything running smoothly. It runs like a machine. If one person isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing or there is a problem with equipment etc, then the entire shopfloor stops functioning. There is no room to be standing around doing nothing (physically as well as metaphorically).

- Some of my coworkers look as if they would be fun and NT but in reality they are zombified and have absolutely fuck all in their personal lives. Only a little more than the fat ugly losers that try to supplement real friendship with coworkers (planning nights out as I said). Such an environment completely destroys any hope of you becoming a man/woman of means. Someone with cool interesting things to do.

- That ties into how our contracts are structured. Each week we get different times we are working and so medium planning of personal life events are on hold. You don't know when you are going to be working the next week until the Sunday of the previous week. You are bound to the ever changing schedule.

It's fucking terrible. Don't ever do it. I am almost done with this job but need to get this months pay before I leave.
Customers were very nice to me and many times complimented me. It's truth what you say about coworkers. It is also true what you said about the schedule, being the reason why I never ever signed a contract no matter how much they asked. Who can even work like that? One day open another close, someone with no personal life whatsoever, and that's as someone as crazy and secluded as I am, I couldn't handle. It felt like you live for work.

It was a great experience to get to treat and know people though. Now I am able to be NT for first impression, or even look cool. However the facade comes to an end after they get to know me.

So, anyways.

• +1
Reactions: Pharmaceutic, CEO of Sex and Rt-Rust1
Customers were very nice to me and many times complimented me. It's truth what you say about coworkers. It is also true what you said about the schedule, being the reason why I never ever signed a contract no matter how much they asked. Who can even work like that? One day open another close, someone with no personal life whatsoever, and that's as someone as crazy and secluded as I am, I couldn't handle. It felt like you live for work.

It was a great experience to get to treat and know people though. Now I am able to be NT for first impression, or even look cool. However the facade comes to an end after they get to know me.

So, anyways.
Yeah, the flame of NT is incredibly bright in the beginning but then fizzles out very quickly for me. People could think im the coolest dude on planet earth for a week and then by the end of the next week they see im actually a bit asocial with strangers

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Britmaxxer and RAITEIII
brb going to ntmax.org to learn hoe to become fun and nt

Motivation to keep studying, thanks 👍

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies