High and low upper zygos in 3/4 view

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
We usually talk about how high or low cheekbones are based on either the altitude of the most protruding part of the zygoma or the altitude of the bottom of the zygoma.

But how high your upper zygos are should also be considered because it affects your ogee curve.

Ideally, in a 3/4 view, the most "dipped-in" point on your ogee curve should line up with the outside corner of your eye, like this:

Good Zygo

Bad upper zygos look like this:

Bad Zygo

Here's a 3D model of a Black woman with low-tier cheekbones:

AfroAmericanWomanHeadLightSkinvray3dmodel0024D3F2C04 B942 46D9 8BF2 1EBFC8E7184EDefaultHQ

With bad zygos, the lateral orbital rim keeps on going until somewhere below the lateral canthus before it transitions to a protruding zygo.

If you have low, straight, forward- and laterally-projected supraorbital rims and a foward-grown frontal bone, you can look good with the indentation point higher than your lateral canthus:

High Zygo

I stress that you must have good supraorbital rims for this because otherwise it looks Mongoloid (which is bad).

Mogger Morph

mg 15181 600x900

Sean O'Pry (original)

Low Zygo

Sean O'Pry with a lower ogee curve indentation point

This ≠ Lateral Orbital Rims

If you couldn't tell from the O'Pry morph, you can have a high or low ogee curve indentation point independent of lateral orbital rim projection. Here are some examples to illustrate the effect:

Good Upper Zygo Retruded LOR

High upper zygo, retruded lateral orbital rim

Bad Upper Zygo Way Out LOR

Low upper zygo, outward-projected lateral orbital rim

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sny, Racky, AscendingHero and 16 others
Seems legit, try to morph Johnny Depp zygos.
tumblr_m1ix5dkO2s1r7qppgo1_1280.jpg

• +1
Reactions: thecel
is it worth looking into implants if I've a Low upper zygo, outward-projected lateral orbital rim?

• +1
I cheekbone mog the forum tbh

A969710D 1D6E 4263 AB39 0EC16712F106 8F56DF91 8125 4CAC A5CD 7917BB196F1A 0664EDDE FC7C 4EC5 B617 7EC44206136C

• +1
  • Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, AscendingHero, Deleted member 12669 and 4 others
Thanks op, now I know I have top tier cheekbones

• JFL
WhatsApp Image 2021 06 01 at 063340

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, ovosoundszn, tyronelite and 3 others
larsanova's cheekbones are below average and probably his biggest failo. jfl at mentioning him
Yeah agree my cheekbones make me look always bloated asfuck even when being super lean
Screenshot 20210602 225338 Snapchat
need to go for 0 facial fat next cut

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Lars
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and thecel
I have no cheekbones :feelswhy:

larsanova's cheekbones are below average and probably his biggest failo. jfl at mentioning him
@larsanova69 biggest falio is still better than his self proclaimed biggest halo.

@larsanova69 biggest falio is still better than his self proclaimed biggest halo.
what is my self proclaimed biggest halo , smile?

Mogger Morph

View attachment 877457
Sean O'Pry (original)

View attachment 877534
Sean O'Pry with a lower ogee curve indentation point

Honestly barely drops his psl with lower zygo. Thats def. going too deep with the theory crafting.

From Chad to Chad. Simply because the cheekbone didnt change his eye area and jaw area.

Perfectly shaped and positioned and protruding cheekbones are like a cherry on top, a bonus so to speak. A chad is still a chad with top tier eye area, top tier jaw and below average cheekbones.

Also in the after morph, you made the cheekbone way too short vertically. Men usually dont have such vertically short cheekbones. Stretch it by a few millimeters to make it more natural looking in the morph, and he barely loses PSL after the morph. Maybe like 0.2 psl at most.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zeke714, tyronelite and thecel
I think it's related to how compact your orbitals are, the less compact they are the further the cheekbone is from the lower eye lid.

• +1
Reactions: Traxanas and thecel

this is how her orbitals are

• +1
bummmo

• WTF
Reactions: datboijj