High gonial angle, bulgy eyes, narrow jaw, recessed chin and short ramus caused by SHORT Maxilla

Hipcel

Hipcel

Booze is my fuel
All of these things must happen for the condition to qualify for this

It probably is a symptom of poor maxilla growth, which would mean accompanied with a recessed looking upper maxilla too and little eye socket space so bulgy eyes.

fPPYrztl.jpg
2127787_1606144349983.jpeg

For example dicaprio has recessed upper maxilla and short back maxilla, but he's saved by his short front maxilla, that way his gonial angle is NOT trash and his chin not recessed. His maxilla isn't that recessed so his eyes don't bulge out.

For recessed chin to occur, you typically need high gonial angle, which means shorter ramus - back of the maxilla relative to the front length of the face aka front maxilla.

John Mew explains it here, but he doesn't really explain why it happens in ALL cases. He mentions people with receded chins have had their mouth open so their faces got too long.

That doesn't explain why people with short faces have recessed chins.

1540562127-maxilla-rotation.png

Take a look at the red arrow: what would happen if the back of the maxilla was even shorter?

less eye socket space an indicator for poor upper maxillary growth along with the typical recessed maxilla symptoms, aka recessed nose bridge, infraorbitals, and cheekbones. Another issue would be shit bigonial width since short distance between the TMJ and the bottom gonions caused by short back of the maxilla would FORCE the ramus to develop inwards because it has nowhere else to go.

Here's a straight ramus
101578774-288-k815600.jpg

Notice the distance between the eye socket and the bottom of his jaw. His eye socket - upper wisdom teeth distance isn't short otherwise his ramus would become shorter and his gonial angle would increase.

A shorter eye socket - upper wisdom teeth distance would require the back of the mandible to go up decreasing the absolute distance and the bigonial distance.

TLDR: How do we know gravity is always the reason of high gonial angle, recessed chin (long front maxilla causing it) and NOT bad upper/inner maxillary growth (normal front maxilla; but SHORT back of the maxilla). Spoiler

we don't.

This a hypothesis - not established theory and it isn't mine.
Here's a post mentioning it with the intention of fixing it through inner maxilla pulling

• +1
Reactions: rooman, Deleted member 25938, It'snotover and 2 others
extremely over-developed chin with flat maxilla reporting in.

• +1
Reactions: AspiringMogger
extremely over-developed chin with flat maxilla reporting in.
Overdeveloped chin and flat maxilla can co exist. This is about gonial angle, back of maxilla being too high up and the ramus.

Chin is the side effect.

• +1
Reactions: rooman, Deleted member 25938, spectacularpixlr and 1 other person
Overdeveloped chin and flat maxilla can co exist. This is about gonial angle and ramus.

Chin is the side effect.
in my case it's not really the bone, which I can feel quite prominently underneath the skin, but rather just the shape of the skin and lip, and it seems to be prevalent among everyone with my phenotype i.e nordics, so not everything that looks flat is structurally flat underneath.

in my case it's not really the bone, which I can feel quite prominently underneath the skin, but rather just the shape of the skin and lip, and it seems to be prevalent among everyone with my phenotype i.e nordics, so not everything that looks flat is structurally flat underneath.
You don't qualify for this hypothesis. Multiple things must go wrong for this to occur.

It's not looks flat is flat type of problem.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Orc
You don't qualify for this hypothesis. Multiple things must go wrong for this to occur.\

It's not looks flat is flat type of problem.

It probably is a symptom of poor maxilla growth, which would mean accompanied with a recessed looking upper maxilla too and little eye socket space so bulgy eyes.

fPPYrztl.jpg

For example dicaprio has recessed upper maxilla and short back maxilla, but he's saved by his short front maxilla, that way his gonial angle is NOT trash and his chin not recessed. His maxilla isn't that recessed so his eyes don't bulge out.

For recessed chin to occur, you typically need high gonial angle, which means shorter ramus - back of the maxilla relative to the front length of the face aka front maxilla.

John Mew explains it here, but he doesn't really explain why it happens in ALL cases. He mentions people with receded chins have had their mouth open so their faces got too long.

Take a look at the red arrow: what would happen if the back of the maxilla was even shorter?

less eye socket space an indicator for poor upper maxillary growth along with the typical recessed maxilla symptoms, aka recessed nose bridge, infraorbitals, and cheekbones. Another issue would be shit bigonial width since short distance between the TMJ and the bottom gonions caused by short back of the maxilla would FORCE the ramus to develop inwards because it has nowhere else to go.

Here's a straight ramus

Notice the distance between the eye socket and the bottom of his jaw. His eye socket - upper wisdom teeth distance isn't short otherwise his ramus would become shorter and his gonial angle would increase.

A shorter eye socket - upper wisdom teeth distance would require the back of the mandible to go up decreasing the absolute distance and the bigonial distance.

TLDR: How do we know gravity is always the reason of high gonial angle, recessed chin (long front maxilla causing it) and NOT bad upper/inner maxillary growth (normal front maxilla; but SHORT back of the maxilla). Spoiler

we don't.

Here's a post mentioning it with the intention of fixing it through inner maxilla pulling

definitely true maxilla recession makes recessed chin and lower jaw and high gonial angle im living proof

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel

fPPYrztl.jpg

Here's a straight ramus

we don't.

Is that @Tyrion! Pre-bimax pic?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Bobby9 and Acne Victim
Interesting thread, but i don’t agree about the eye sockets part: the recessed guy doesn't have bulging eyes, they may look like it because like you said his entire face lacks forward growth, but i thinks it's mostly about his non existant browridge and weak supras. Orbitals are affected by maxilla, especially the lower part, but since the upper is not it doesn't matter that much that’s why you can find people with good eye areas and recessed maxilla AND vice versa. Finally a nice thread about facial development lol.

Recessed chin can exist even with good ramus development

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
Short maxilla's only look good if you are as forward grown as barret. But they will look insane when they hit their potential as a compact short skull is dimorphic.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and gribsufer1
Short maxilla's only look good if you are as forward grown as barret. But they will look insane when they hit their potential as a compact short skull is dimorphic.
Barrett lacks dimorphism because his face is too short. Plus his nose is small which is a feminine trait.

1517702_v9_aa.jpg

Here's a more dimorphic, better looking face. Longer and bigger nose.

MV5BMTkzMzY5MTk0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcwMzQ1NQ@@._V1_.jpg

• Ugh..
Reactions: poopoohead
Barrett lacks dimorphism because his face is too short. Plus his nose is small which is a feminine trait.

1517702_v9_aa.jpg

Here's a more dimorphic, better looking face. Longer and bigger nose.

MV5BMTkzMzY5MTk0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcwMzQ1NQ@@._V1_.jpg
big noses look shit especially if they are hooked. Straight nose is ideal, ALWAYS.

Interesting thread, but i don’t agree about the eye sockets part: the recessed guy doesn't have bulging eyes, they may look like it because like you said his entire face lacks forward growth, but i thinks it's mostly about his non existant browridge and weak supras. Orbitals are affected by maxilla, especially the lower part, but since the upper is not it doesn't matter that much that’s why you can find people with good eye areas and recessed maxilla AND vice versa. Finally a nice thread about facial development lol.
Bulging eyes occur mostly because of thyroid, shallow sockets (from the inner walls to the front, back to front) or recessed IFNRAS.

Aaron Paul has moderate supra projection and nasal bridge, but very good under eye support. His eye area is Chad tier.

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
Bulging eyes occur mostly because of thyroid, shallow sockets (from the inner walls to the front, back to front) or recessed IFNRAS.

Aaron Paul has moderate supra projection and nasal bridge, but very good under eye support. His eye area is Chad tier.
I wouldn't define his eyes chad tier but they are decent enough thanks to average shape +blue color. I agree about the rest.

I wouldn't define his eyes chad tier but they are decent enough thanks to average shape +blue color. I agree about the rest.
Yeah, there's something weird going on with him. In some (mostly recent) pictures, his eyes look more like cocaine eyes, or that could be because he as hyper mobile eyelid muscles, so any expression he makes looks exaggerated. idk
I was watching breaking bad again lately, in holy shit, during the first two seasons, every time i paused when the camera showed his face, i couldnt help but to see what a chad face he had. honestly, something about colouring, his skin in contrast to his lip shape and colour, his eyes when he semi-squinted them etc.
I caought many frames where his eyes looked chad tier, but you are right, its not consistent and i dont really understand why.
10-0490053F-B119-444C-B8FF-4F938E1570BF.png
here,he could have a little bit more hooding below his supras, his PFH is slightly bigger.

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
Yeah, there's something weird going on with him. In some (mostly recent) pictures, his eyes look more like cocaine eyes, or that could be because he as hyper mobile eyelid muscles, so any expression he makes looks exaggerated. idk
I was watching breaking bad again lately, in holy shit, during the first two seasons, every time i paused when the camera showed his face, i couldnt help but to see what a chad face he had. honestly, something about colouring, his skin in contrast to his lip shape and colour, his eyes when he semi-squinted them etc.
I caought many frames where his eyes looked chad tier, but you are right, its not consistent and i dont really understand why.
10-0490053F-B119-444C-B8FF-4F938E1570BF.png
here,he could have a little bit more hooding below his supras, his PFH is slightly bigger.
True, in breaking bad he looked like a chad, now his eye area lost its charm tbh, he looks a bit scaried even though he doesn’t have prey eyes. He's also one of the few cases where the negative tilted eyebrows looks good and non beta. Maybe he used too much drugs or had some problem in his thyroid, even though I don't think it’s the case. Maybe it’s non consistent because he change his head tilt? That would be the most reasonable explanation. High iq btw.

Having short inner maxilla can cause small sockets. This is logic 101.

• +1
It all makes sense now

• +1

fPPYrztl.jpg

Here's a straight ramus

we don't.

I have all these but i don't think my maxilla Is recessed