High IQ CS Knowledgeable users needed

mizzy

mizzy

Silver
Currently doing a CS bachelors and I need to know how it would compare getting a pure CS masters versus a masters in something more engineering/hardware related such as robotics, systems engineering, or just computer engineering

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Nick.Harte, Deleted member 6128, Marsiere214 and 1 other person
:feelsrope:

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19453
jfl at cs degree in 2023 oversaturated af do physics+engineering

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: tom69, 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 6128 and 5 others
fisics 2 hard akhi. I'm not high IQ enough, or else I would have got a pure math + physics and became a quant :forcedsmile:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: poopoohead, Deleted member 15164 and Deleted member 19453
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: vulcan_, Marsiere214, poopoohead and 4 others
Only people who have no idea about CS say this
please tell me what magical cs knowledge you have that I don't. I'm in highschool literally everyone wants to do a cs degree. I've taken classess at community colleges literally everyone is doing cs. cs degrees are the most popular at all the best colleges in usa.

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 6128, hattrick and 2 others
please tell me what magical cs knowledge you have that I don't. I'm in highschool literally everyone wants to do a cs degree. I've taken classess at community colleges literally everyone is doing cs. cs degrees are the most popular at all the best colleges in usa.
I believe what he means is that although there are plenty of people going for cs degrees tons of them are going to end up with 75k jobs at max and work some deadend QA, systems analyst, or user support crap

And even those who get actual swe or similar won't be your competition at faang or other fort 500s

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Marsiere214, poopoohead and 1 other person
I am majoring in Information Technology. Trying to be a cloud engineer.

Fr tho, elaborate. Wdym EVERYONE?
I mean if I go to a random kid in my highschool or local community college theres a 70% chance they say they're going to do cs. When I was at the local community college and people said their major out loud almost everyone said cs.

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, hattrick and poopoohead
I am average iq but isn't it if you major in computer science you have to take Calculus? That class is a bitch isn't it?

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and mizzy
I believe what he means is that although there are plenty of people going for cs degrees tons of them are going to end up with 75k jobs at max and work some deadend QA, systems analyst, or user support crap

And even those who get actual swe or similar won't be your competition at faang or other fort 500s
So what majors are good

CS is kinda okay tbh.
Physics isn't recommended.

There's always an Indian guy studying physics who didn't make it to his dream college, and as a revenge appeared for Olympiads and exams you probably don't even know exist.
This guy will apply for P.G and the average white guys are fucked.
(I'm not insulting, it's the stereotype)
Here:
I actually am a good advisor and I can list some good career options if y'all want.

Godspeed.

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore

why do u think u will compete for faang???? no offence i just didnt understand this sentence

will u graduate from top uni or u are a coding genius

only do the cs masters if u want to do some specialized niche (machine learning, quantum computing, etc). Same goes for the other masters degrees. Only do them if u KNOW for sure u want to be in those roles. Otherwise, grind leetcode, hustle in jobs, and try to make it into FAANG, or even better: Quant. (I am trying to break into Quant starting this year.)

why do u think u will compete for faang???? no offence i just didnt understand this sentence

U can get into FAANG without going to a top 15 school, its just much harder. Also, you don’t have to be a genius to get into FAANG; you just need to take the right steps and hustle. You do need at least an above average IQ, though. Probably 115+

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
U can get into FAANG without going to a top 15 school, its just much harder. Also, you don’t have to be a genius to get into FAANG; you just need to take the right steps and hustle. You do need at least an above average IQ, though. Probably 115+
he needs a good uni and/or to be extremely good at coding , everyone wants to work in faang why would they choose op

his confidence for being able to compete for it while others arent just surprised me

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: chadison
he needs a good uni and/or to be extremely good at coding , everyone wants to work in faang why would they choose op

his confidence for being able to compete for it while others arent just surprised me
So many FAANG people are autistic, u can get in if u can leetcode and are sociable and have an internship or some prior work experience on your resume. It’s actually even easier for roles above new grad, like L4 or Senior (L5) since those are more niche. That confidence, combined with work ethic, is what he needs

Neither really, just hopium cuz i will grind leetcode. I think I'm ~125 iq so it will come to me :forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and wollet2
only do the cs masters if u want to do some specialized niche (machine learning, quantum computing, etc). Same goes for the other masters degrees. Only do them if u KNOW for sure u want to be in those roles. Otherwise, grind leetcode, hustle in jobs, and try to make it into FAANG, or even better: Quant. (I am trying to break into Quant starting this year.)
Not really a niche but I just want to work a bit more on the engineering side without doing a complete engineering degree

You're in HS? Habibi, I'm a 2nd year university student studying CS. Sit down and don't talk unless you're educated in the matter.

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Nick.Harte and Marsiere214
Do pure CS. Computational linguistics research is fascinating too

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and Marsiere214
Only people who have no idea about CS say this
I want to major in CS, can you elaborate?
I heard of indians getting cheap remote jobs and fucking it up

You're in HS? Habibi, I'm a 2nd year university student studying CS. Sit down and don't talk unless you're educated in the matter.
I’ll see you complaining about not being able to get a job in the moneymaxx forum in 3 years then

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
Currently doing a CS bachelors and I need to know how it would compare getting a pure CS masters versus a masters in something more engineering/hardware related such as robotics, systems engineering, or just computer engineering

View attachment 2433465
Unless you plan to do a phd or something academic, then a masters in CS is pretty much useless.
I’ve beat out many Indian and Chinese masters students for top jobs just by having a bachelors from a good college, better communication skills and good iq

View attachment 2433465
Maybe you're not interested in this, but consider an econ masters. Having a CS degree and an econ master's combined should allow you to completely obliterate the econ undergrounds who ended up getting an econ masters.

Idk but my dad did EE for masters and went into software

Don’t ask people here anything about any of this.
1. They don’t know shit about anything.
2. They’re negative af. Law sucks, CS oversaturated, Healthcare beta, STEM too hard.

You take it from me, a 27 year old Greycel who wisdom mogs tf outta every loser here. Pursue higher education. Cuz if you aren’t working making big bucks, acquiring a higher education is the next best thing. No good ever comes from being a NEET.

It doesn’t matter, physics, math, CS, just pursue something dude. Ask less, do more.

• +1
Reactions: mizzy