High palate-> long midface in most cases

D

Deleted member 5385

Truth seeker
IT is what IT is
When posterior part of maxilla is short , then anterior part gets longer in nasal area , while alveoral ringe is still the same or even shorter- that why mouthbreathers will have short philtrum and almost no gummy smile but their nose will be crooked and long in size.

Breathing

So brutal

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9699
After reading this post thoroughly, I have concluded that it is, indeed, over. In fact, it probably has never began.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: hazed, wasted, Deleted member 8080 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9699
i already knew this

wdym high palate? I have short philtrum, longer nose than average a bit too, but wide IPD so compact midface in "ratio" and tall chin - i've read a study that said that long midface isn't about the ratio but about the proportions of your 3 thirds. seems legit.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
wdym high palate? I have short philtrum, longer nose than average a bit too, but wide IPD so compact midface in "ratio" and tall chin - i've read a study that said that long midface isn't about the ratio but about the proportions of your 3 thirds. seems legit.
Just high, narrow palate v shaped you can feel with tongue if you have high palate .

Plus with those ratios i am not sure if someone Has 8 cm midface he should have 24cm face to "balance "IT and such face is waay too long

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Yeah but also their lower third is shit
Their occlusion looks normal and they have beards so can't see, doubt they're deformed in the mouthbreather way
They would just die there anyways

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
Just high, narrow palate v shaped you can feel with tongue if you have high palate .

Plus with those ratios i am not sure if someone Has 8 cm midface he should have 24cm face to "balance "IT and such face is waay too long
it's narrow palate - average actually more or less - and v shaped and yeah i feel it high.
but i have a compact midface overall, a ratio of 1.07 so it's odd, even tho my nose is longer than average. idk what to say.

it's narrow palate - average actually more or less - and v shaped and yeah i feel it high.
but i have a compact midface overall, a ratio of 1.07 so it's odd, even tho my nose is longer than average. idk what to say.
Just you IPD which is genetic save you

• Love it
Their occlusion looks normal and they have beards so can't see, doubt they're deformed in the mouthbreather way
They would just die there anyways
Yeah I know, still looks repulsive especially that from the left
Subhuman genes

Yeah I know, still looks repulsive especially that from the left
Subhuman genes
Long nose never seemed unattractive on men seeing women's reactions to it
but they all probably have rotten teeth anyways

my posterior palate is high asf yet my midface is 1.09 jfl
if i developed properly i could have barrett tier midface ngl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
many parts of ur post are not true jfl where the fuck do u make this shit up from

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RichardwillImprove and Deleted member 4430
midface is mostly genetic ngl

here is an extreme example of mouth breathing and not that drastic of increase in midface length

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
He got me scared which parts arent true man.

vaulted palate doesnt necessarily mean that u have too little posterior maxilla, most mouthbreathers tend to have anterior access causing a stretched philtrum, alveolar ridge def doesnt shorten, the crooked hooked nose is right tho

vaulted palate sucks tbh, makes everything harder :rage::rage::rage:

• +1
Reactions: RichardwillImprove
vaulted palate doesnt necessarily mean that u have too little posterior maxilla, most mouthbreathers tend to have anterior access causing a stretched philtrum, alveolar ridge def doesnt shorten, the crooked hooked nose is right tho

vaulted palate sucks tbh, makes everything harder :rage::rage::rage:
What the hell is a vaulted palate man.

What the hell is a vaulted palate man.

high vaulted palate = ur palate is rly deep (like if u go upwards against ur mouth, youd find more space than usual), usually associated w a narrower, v-like shape

high vaulted palate = ur palate is rly deep (like if u go upwards against ur mouth, youd find more space than usual), usually associated w a narrower, v-like shape
Over the middle of my palate is higher than the back thanks for the replies man.

Is gummy smile = long midface? It has to be no? Think it is called vertical maxillary excess. Cavill has it too though but his ratio is 1 or slightly above 1 definitely not below. His face definitely looks quite long though like all North Atlantids.

Last edited:
Is gummy smile = long midface? It has to be no? Think it is called vertical maxillary excess. Cavill has it too though but his ratio is 1 or slightly above 1 definitely not below.
View attachment 798861
View attachment 798864
No gummy smile doesn't mean long midface , actually it rarely correlate

If you ask surgeon to shorter your midface he will think about gummy smile and Lefort 1 impaction but actually it won't change your apperance.
Long midface is when your nose and cheekbones have vertical growth which make it look longer than lower and upper third.
Vertical Maxillary excess doesn't always fit the term of long midface since many long midfaces are genetic and there is no vertical excess Just bone is long in height .

While gummy smile is easy to reduce with even TAds , long midface is almost impossible to shorten because even if you will shorter centre of nose and bottom of zygos what will happen with excess of soft tissues? You would have to move entire face forward to stretch those tissues .
I don't think some real midface shortening would be impossible but results wouldn't be as good as you would like .

Less wisdom teeths more flat facd and short midface

If you ask surgeon to shorter your midface he will think about gummy smile and Lefort 1 impaction but actually it won't change your apperance.
Long midface is when your nose and cheekbones have vertical growth which make it look longer than lower and upper third.
Vertical Maxillary excess doesn't always fit the term of long midface since many long midfaces are genetic and there is no vertical excess Just bone is long in height .

While gummy smile is easy to reduce with even TAds , long midface is almost impossible to shorten because even if you will shorter centre of nose and bottom of zygos what will happen with excess of soft tissues? You would have to move entire face forward to stretch those tissues .
I don't think some real midface shortening would be impossible but results wouldn't be as good as you would like .

Are you sure about that? Their maxillas are definitely more downward grown. The opposite of it, short face usually is accompanied by little teeth show. I think it definitely can be an indicator of a long midface and a dentist would probably refer to it as excess maxillary growth or an overdeveloped middle third as well. It is really just one big structure. The treatment would be ccw rotation of the maxilla. (if the gummy smile is caused by downward growth which looks like it is for someone like Cavill. There can be other reasons like excessive gum tissue with normal growth but then his teeth would be visibly shorter)
Someone like Di caprio who has a compact midface has a smile like this

I think teeth show is a very reliable indicator of maxillary excess/deficiency al least vertically

Last edited:
  • +1
obviously its about proportions

• +1

i have gummy smile and long midface tho

mfl3 is closest to acheiving this

Some people have gummy smiles but normal or compact midface ratios I guess. Maybe different parts (like upper/lower) can grow disproportionately longer. Cavill might be a case of normal upper maxilla/excess lower. Someone with a horse face could have both and then have a ratio of <1. Not familiar with the specific growth patterns.

• +1