How am i balding at 17 yet no one else in family went bald young?

norwoodreaper

norwoodreaper

Banned
My dad has same hairline as me roughly and is 50.
His dad had same hairline nw2 roughly and never went bald
Moms dad went bald at around 60 but had full head of hair until around 50
Uncle only just started getting vertex thinning at 40

Meanwhile me, the unlucky cuck, NORWOOD FUCKING 2 AT 17.

:feelswhy:

• So Sad
Reactions: Newguyaround
your nw2 could be natural, in that youve had it youre entire life

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
your nw2 could be natural, in that youve had it youre entire life
well i never payed attention to my hairline when i was young
however ive been norwood 2 since i was about 15 and i dont think its moved back any further

check your thyroid
however ive been norwood 2 since i was about 15 and i dont think its moved back any further

could be a mature hairline then

then youre good, some people naturally have high hairlines

check with a dermatologist if you want to be sure, or keep an eye on your hairline

then youre good, some people naturally have high hairlines

check with a dermatologist if you want to be sure, or keep an eye on your hairline
i tried checking with a doctor who was supposedly a dermatologist but he told me that determining what a normal hairline for a teenage boy is difficult
and ofc the blue pill crap about shaving it off, and that balding isnt a health risk

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Scarface, Deleted member 2587, kirbyparks and 2 others
i tried checking with a doctor who was supposedly a dermatologist but he told me that determining what a normal hairline for a teenage boy is difficult
and ofc the blue pill crap about shaving it off, and that balding isnt a health risk
tbh ive accepted it as well.

either shave it off, or hop on fin+minox+derma roller, and ht

it is what it is

at this point you can only track your hairline, i doubt its serious. if u notice it getting worse hop on fin when you grow older

tbh ive accepted it as well.

either shave it off, or hop on fin+minox+derma roller, and ht

it is what it is

at this point you can only track your hairline, i doubt its serious. if u notice it getting worse hop on fin when you grow older
yeah man
when im 18 ill probably see about getting fin especially if my hairline is worse
tbh , my hair isnt thinning at all and is thick really but the hairline is awful

yeah man
when im 18 ill probably see about getting fin especially if my hairline is worse
tbh , my hair isnt thinning at all and is thick really but the hairline is awful
u just have a mature hairline then

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
same when i was 17.

• +1
Reactions: norwoodreaper
You’re getting too much estrogen some where

u just have a mature hairline then
If you have a mature hairline, does that mean you won’t go bald/you will be a lot older when you bald?

• +1
If you have a mature hairline, does that mean you won’t go bald/you will be a lot older when you bald?
It depends on tour family's genes. It could also mean you get over quicker compared to normal hairlines like @Dogs

Youre Hairlines Just Maturing Bro

@Ritalincel

It depends on tour family's genes. It could also mean you get over quicker compared to normal hairlines like @Dogs
Get over what quicker?

What about your grandads? Shouldn't be too worried about it for now tbh.

You probably always had that level of norwood. I remember when I was ~14 and went to the mall get a hair cut, the woman who was cutting my hair pointed to my head and said "Do you see this here?" I replied "The entrances?", she: "No, the tan line on your forehead"

I had been to the beach the week before :lul:

NW1 since ever

• +1
What about your grandads? Shouldn't be too worried about it for now tbh.
paternal grandather never went past nw2

maternal grandather is bald at 60 started losing his hair in his 50's i believe

paternal grandather never went past nw2

maternal grandather is bald at 60 started losing his hair in his 50's i believe
Might be okay, balding is caused by dominant genes according to this article (1), but still kind of hard to tell, I'm 20 and I have a mature hairline (or just severe BDD, gf says it's fine so idk)

1: "Severe, early male baldness is considered to be inherited in an autosomal-dominant manner, with gene expression limited to the male, unless it is present in the homozygous state." https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1357431098012337

• +1
Might be okay, balding is caused by dominant genes according to this article (1), but still kind of hard to tell, I'm 20 and I have a mature hairline (or just severe BDD, gf says it's fine so idk)

1: "Severe, early male baldness is considered to be inherited in an autosomal-dominant manner, with gene expression limited to the male, unless it is present in the homozygous state." https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1357431098012337
ill give it a read, thanks

i have a round hairline which looks like nw2 but its genetic since my nordic grandfather had it (looking at old pictures)

• +1
I have a norwood 1 but my face is so subhuman I'd rather go up a psl point and be bald

I have a norwood 1 but my face is so subhuman I'd rather go up a psl point and be bald
Being bald would automatically knock you down by at least 1 PSL again then

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Whatever you do don't fucking go bald it's a death ass sentence
Once I hit NW2 I’m getting a HT and lowering my hairline.

• +1
Reactions: Scarface