How are so many guys naturally lean?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
doesnt make sense to me how theres so many teens that are between 10-12% bodyfat, especially when theres so many detailed guides dedicated to losing weight and getting lean in the first place

so howd they figure out to get lean? I dont think theyre leanmaxxing for the PSL gain because I dont think most people realise that youre better looking to the point of getting treated better if you have a very low bodyfat %. so how is this possible?

are they counting calories and dieting or is it just low appetite + with high energy expenditure through playing sports/other activities?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14264, Xangsane, amichadpossibly? and 3 others
fast metabolism

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14264, TUSSELEIF, Danish_Retard and 13 others
simply calorie deficit. They burn more than they gain mostly cus of appetite/diet, partly metabolism

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14264, Danish_Retard, SkinjobCatastrophe and 1 other person
Insane surge in their hormonal profile not to mention they're also still growing which uses a lot of energy from what they eat instead of storing it as fat.

Mostly genetics still though...I've been lean all my life until I bulked one time and never again.

• +1
Reactions: Boxingfan, Deleted member 14264, cutecel and 6 others
genetics

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TUSSELEIF, N1c, Deleted member and 2 others
Metabolism so genetics

I eat an insane amount of food and haven’t been doing anything these past few weeks and haven’t gained any weight at all

probably due to age aswell

I guess most people don’t gain weight as a teenager

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: N1c and Deleted member
fast metabolism
simply calorie deficit. They burn more than they gain mostly cus of appetite/diet, partly metabolism

I dont think this explains it

read this: https://physiqonomics.com/slow-metabolism/

the difference in TDEE between any 2 men is at best 200 - 500 as longas everything else is equal

Expected rmr men 1024x715

Insane surge in their hormonal profile not to mention they're also still growing which uses a lot of energy from what they eat instead of storing it as fat.

Mostly genetics still though...I've been lean all my life until I bulked one time and never again.
Metabolism so genetics

I eat an insane amount of food and haven’t been doing anything these past few weeks and haven’t gained any weight at all

how many calories do you guys eat per day? I think our definition of a large amount of food might be different

• +1
Reactions: JimmyDreamsOfZygos, Deleted member 10615, Julius and 1 other person
how many calories do you guys eat per day? I think our definition of a large amount of food might be different

I don't really count my calories so its different day to day tbh

I'd say I eat around 2000-2500 though

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
I don't really count my calories so its different day to day tbh

I'd say I eat around 2000-2500 though
damn that is pretty high. mirin your TDEE, do you exercise a lot/have a high NEAT?

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
I eat 3200-3300 calories a day when I'm not trying to bulk, but I'm tall and a hard-gainer

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Effortless
damn that is pretty high. mirin your TDEE, do you exercise a lot/have a high NEAT?

I exercise nearly everyday, I also have carry more than average amount of muscle since early puberty

Muscle need more calories to maintain so yeah

Last edited:
  • +1
I eat 3200-3300 calories a day when I'm not trying to bulk, but I'm tall and a hard-gainer
You're probably overestimating how much you eat like most people, unless you actually count your calories and eat pretty much the same thing everyday, I thought I ate alot but my calories only came out to around 2000-25000 calories and thats with like 4 meals equivalent a day plus snacks

Last edited:
You're probably overestimating how much you eat like most people, unless you actually count your calories and eat pretty much the same thing everyday, I thought I ate alot but my calories only came out to around 2000-25000 calories
Can some people eat 4000 calories and stay 130 pounds without extersize?

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
I envy them

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13994
But keep in my mind it's hard for them to gain fat or to build muscle

Can some people eat 4000 calories and stay 130 pounds without extersize?
Unless they have a very rare genetics disease then no, you would be overweight as fuck at 4000 calories no matter how fast your metabolism is.

Most pro bodybuilders eat about 4000 calories in off season

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Phillybeard1996
Unless they have a very rare genetics disease then no, you would be overweight as fuck at 4000 calories no matter how fast your metabolism is.

Most pro bodybuildings about 4000 calories in off season
Yea many skinny guys claim they eat alot but when they add it upp and count it its actually not a ton if they do eat alot they are super active

• +1
Reactions: DesperadoRatado, lilhorizontal32 and Effortless
Yea many skinny guys claim they eat alot but when they add it upp and count it its actually not a ton if they do eat alot they are super active
exactly bro, I was in the same boat, I thought I was eating 3000 calories plus a day and like 3500 when i bulked once, and I was eating a lot but the actual calorie count didn't even surpass 3000 calories at all

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13335, DesperadoRatado and Phillybeard1996
Most teens have accelerated metabolism, it's normal to be lean, if you are fat as a teenager you are stuffing yourself with processed foods.

• +1
They just eat less then you fatty

• JFL
It's normal for young people to be lean, your parents probably feed you garbage if being a fluffy fat pig is normal to you. Look at gym photos from the 70s or earlier and every kid is skinny.

i think it's just insane metabolism
Like my newphew just plays xbox all day and eats a TONNE of crap, and he has like zero body fat. Abs can be seen etc.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Deleted member 10615
Metabolism so genetics

Same it is genetics indeed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615
I don’t know how much calories I eat but I can go over what I ate yesterday

in the morning I had 6 pieces of vegamite and penut butter, in the afternoon I had noodles and yogurt and a banana, then at night I had a large serving of mash potato, chicken pie, vegetables, cooked onion, boiled brocalini and then 2 chicken drum sticks, then for desert I had 2 cupcakes

• +1
fast metabolism

This - some would be skinnyfat also if they gained just a few pounds. I only forced on weight those years by weightlifting as I couldnt gain weight no matter how many calories I took in until I started lifting.

• +1
thin bones which cant hold a lot of fat, fast metabolism,

I don’t know how much calories I eat but I can go over what I ate yesterday

in the morning I had 6 pieces of vegamite and penut butter, in the afternoon I had noodles and yogurt and a banana, then at night I had a large serving of mash potato, chicken pie, vegetables, cooked onion, boiled brocalini and then 2 chicken drum sticks, then for desert I had 2 cupcakes
That is a lot of food, but a lot of that isn’t very calorically dense so I’d say you’re still eating less than about 2500 calories, which explains why you’re lean

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615
i think it's just insane metabolism
Like my newphew just plays xbox all day and eats a TONNE of crap, and he has like zero body fat. Abs can be seen etc.
I feel like guys like that binge a lot of food at once and go without for quite a while

otherwise their TDEEs would have to be something insane like 3000

This - some would be skinnyfat also if they gained just a few pounds. I only forced on weight those years by weightlifting as I couldnt gain weight no matter how many calories I took in until I started lifting.
How many calories did you have to eat before being able to gain weight?

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
I naturally prefer intermittent fasting, it's my default state

• +1
Put on muscle mass and your resting metabolic rate will increase

• +1
u probably have high appetite so you can't understand them

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Slob, Genny and lilhorizontal32
many teens are active and move around alot play sports ect and they are still growing so it helps with staying lean.

• +1
How many calories did you have to eat before being able to gain weight?

As much as I could take. I bet it was around 6,000 calories some days. I was pounding the food down plus drinking a weight gain shake each day in addition to lifting. My metabolism didn't slow a lot until about 23 but it slowed a lot when it did. Had to cut the food intake way down.

Does Thyroid have a big effect?

As much as I could take. I bet it was around 6,000 calories some days. I was pounding the food down plus drinking a weight gain shake each day in addition to lifting. My metabolism didn't slow a lot until about 23 but it slowed a lot when it did. Had to cut the food intake way down.
How old are u now?

How old are u now?

Real old. Maybe older than about anyone posting here - 52 - but I have been doing the anti aging stuff for a while and probably look younger than most 40 year olds that don't take care of themselves.

The thing about the fast metabolism is it does suck when you finally have it slow down as you can't get away with eating so much after that.

I was a skin fuck when I was a teenager, now in my late 20s I need to diet to lose belly and hip fat

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Lawton88
Real old. Maybe older than about anyone posting here - 52 - but I have been doing the anti aging stuff for a while and probably look younger than most 40 year olds that don't take care of themselves.

The thing about the fast metabolism is it does suck when you finally have it slow down as you can't get away with eating so much after that.
Holy fuk 52 most people in here are teens

• +1
Holy fuk 52 most people in here are teens

Yep and early 20s. I found this place because I had watched some red pill video on YouTube and saw a Blackpill video linked which mentioned this place. I just find the subject really interesting and I see a lot of truth in the Blackpill stuff thinking about things I saw in the past. The big difference now I think is money doesn't overcome the looks issue now as easy as it did when I was younger. Things have changed a lot in the past couple of decades.

Last edited:
Mostly metabolism.
And guess what eating more = faster metabolism and better body fat composition

• +1
6000 is insane if true. thats more than what many professional bodybuilders consume

• +1
6000 is insane if true. thats more than what many professional bodybuilders consume

Yep they eat a strick diet so size wise its probably more. I was eating anything I could - like a whole large pizza at one sitting sometimes. I also would eat 2 or 3 peanut butter sandwiches before going to sleep.

• +1
Its insanely easy to stay lean with a proper diet. And gain muscle at the same time.
Doesnt even need to be strict
It has a lot to do with insulin resistance, inflammation and not eating foods with toxic ingredients