how can i be smarter

mouthwashdrinker

mouthwashdrinker

goomaxxer
does anybody know how to get smarter? like i have decent grades but sometimes I feel lacking in school and rotting on org def isnt helping, anything I can do to raise my IQ?

Stop posting this in looksmax retard

• +1
Reactions: Mewingisonlycope
does anybody know how to get smarter? like i have decent grades but sometimes I feel lacking in school and rotting on org def isnt helping, anything I can do to raise my IQ?
mathematics, problem solving, chess.

playing go is another one.

playing go is another one.
IQ enhancement centers around improving your general ability to solve problems (reasoning) and any cognitive ability that helps you solve problems.

• +1
Reactions: 97baHater
Weed among other drugs made my IQ go up

Neuroplasticity, real thing.

any specific problems? like socially, economically?
Well math problems, chess problems, go problems, fix people's code on stackexchange, solve hard physics problems, hard chemistry and biology problems, problems of consciousness, morality, ethics, etc. Solve problems involving complex systems like illegal immigration, ecological collapse, etc.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOverLawg, 97baHater and CoreSchizo
Not possible
I think it's possible but it's extremely difficult. The level of difficult that most people wouldn't perform unless they were passionate about a certain topic like mathematics or went David Goggins mode.

I think it's possible but it's extremely difficult. The level of difficult that most people wouldn't perform unless they were passionate about a certain topic like mathematics or went David Goggins mode.
IQ is the entire structure, there's no way to improve it by limited exercise, if you believe so it means you don't understand what it is

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: N1666 and enchanted_elixir
IQ is the entire structure, there's no way to improve it by limited exercise, if you believe so it means you don't understand what it is
So, I think we don't funny understand genetics completely. I actually just talked to someone about this.

By the way, I'm not refuting things like people's IQ don't really change in their lifetime. Most people don't have any noteworthy change in their intelligence over time, but...

I recently had a conversation with @alpslover about genetics.

You are right that CRISPR is currently limited to simpler genetic edits, and polygenic traits are a whole different ballgame. The complexity of how multiple genes interact to produce physical traits is far beyond what we can manipulate right now sadly as you mentioned.

But that’s why I think CRISPR is just the beginning (hopefully), the deeper we go into this topic, the more we realize how little we know, which is why the future of genetic engineering might lie in completely new approaches that transcend our current understanding of it.

We might need to combine info from quantum biology, bioinformatics, and maybe evenn AI to understand complexities of polygenic traits and move beyond crispr. Kinda exciting tbh if we can make an actual breakthrough
Here is where things get philosophical.

I think that if philosophical materialism is incorect, and philosophical idealism is proven to be correct, that could possibly mean that the information that are encoded in genes aren't necessarily physical or material, in the same way that neuroscience has many questions about the brain that can't be answered through material assumptions. If philosophical idealism is true, then we have to learn and incorporate a new dimension into your understanding of biology and that is where the answer can lie.

Emerging research, from Michael Levin has shown that cells displays agency, can solve problems, have preferences, etc.
I conclude that cells have a consciousness, and this could mean that biology is fundamentally consciousness.

James A. Shapiro has proposed a mechanism for how organisms evolve, where cells may change their GENOMES to solve problems, for example, Michael Levin said that he put a planaria in a barium solution that killed a portion of its body and it regenerated and became barium resistant by modifying its genome. (or something like that)

I hope I explained everything here and gave it justice, to those who are scientifically stingy and expect perfect answers/explanations.

Just something cool that I thought I should share.

Emmons-Bell, M., Durant, F., Tung, A., Pietak, A., Miller, K., Kane, A., Martyniuk, C. J., Davidian, D., Morokuma, J., & Levin, M. (2019). Regenerative Adaptation to Electrochemical Perturbation in Planaria: A Molecular Analysis of Physiological Plasticity. iScience, 22, 147–165. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2019.11.014

from https://looksmax.org/threads/the-4-...a-scientific-revolution.1120875/post-16701959

I think that neurons change their DNA to better cope with stressors. For example, if you're consistently solving hard problems, your neurons change their DNA to better assist you biologically to solve problems. Note how this isn't epigenetic, it's genetic.

This is also how immune cells customize themselves for certain pathogens, they literally sit there and ponder how to change the genes of a white blood cell that would allow it to exterminate the pathogen.

Cells can change DNA (look at meiosis and genetic recombination)

This could actually be how evolution occurs predominantly, and not primarily through random mutation + natural selection.

Again, this could explain IQ fluctuation amongst populations over time.
It's really interesting science and I think it could genuinely unleash something huge.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ineonx, 97baHater, NZb6Air and 1 other person
So, I think we don't funny understand genetics completely. I actually just talked to someone about this.

By the way, I'm not refuting things like people's IQ don't really change in their lifetime. Most people don't have any noteworthy change in their intelligence over time, but...

I think that if philosophical materialism is incorect, and philosophical idealism is proven to be correct, that could possibly mean that the information that are encoded in genes aren't necessarily physical or material, in the same way that neuroscience has many questions about the brain that can't be answered through material assumptions. If philosophical idealism is true, then we have to learn and incorporate a new dimension into your understanding of biology and that is where the answer can lie.

Emerging research, from Michael Levin has shown that cells displays agency, can solve problems, have preferences, etc.
I conclude that cells have a consciousness, and this could mean that biology is fundamentally consciousness.

James A. Shapiro has proposed a mechanism for how organisms evolve, where cells may change their GENOMES to solve problems, for example, Michael Levin said that he put a planaria in a barium solution that killed a portion of its body and it regenerated and became barium resistant by modifying its genome. (or something like that)

I hope I explained everything here and gave it justice, to those who are scientifically stingy and expect perfect answers/explanations.

Emmons-Bell, M., Durant, F., Tung, A., Pietak, A., Miller, K., Kane, A., Martyniuk, C. J., Davidian, D., Morokuma, J., & Levin, M. (2019). Regenerative Adaptation to Electrochemical Perturbation in Planaria: A Molecular Analysis of Physiological Plasticity. iScience, 22, 147–165. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2019.11.014

from https://looksmax.org/threads/the-4-...a-scientific-revolution.1120875/post-16701959

I think that neurons change their DNA to better cope with stressors. For example, if you're consistently solving hard problems, your neurons change their DNA to better assist you biologically to solve problems. Note how this isn't epigenetic, it's genetic.

This is also how immune cells customize themselves for certain pathogens, they literally sit there and ponder how to change the genes of a white blood cell that would allow it to exterminate the pathogen.

This could actually be how evolution occurs predominantly, and not primarily through natural selection.

It's really interesting science and I think it could genuinely unleash something huge.

Nice hunch to link iq to stress but that's not how it works and we already know it, it happens during gestation, if the mother stresses at the start of the gestation because she'll fuck up her thyroid (also the reason why women who wear nail polish lower their children's iq) but when she stresses at the end of her gestation the child spawns with higher iq

• +1
Nice hunch to link iq to stress but that's not how it works and we already know it, it happens during gestation, if the mother stresses at the start of the gestation because she'll fuck up her thyroid (also the reason why women who wear nail polish lower their children's iq) but when she stresses at the end of her gestation the child spawns with higher iq
I'm talking about adaptive stress.

Adaptive stress, also known as stress adaptation or allostasis, is the ability of an organism to adapt to and cope with stress. It's a crucial survival skill that allows cells, tissues, and organisms to better withstand damage from stress after being exposed to a lesser amount.

• +1

Adaptive stress, also known as stress adaptation or allostasis, is the ability of an organism to adapt to and cope with stress. It's a crucial survival skill that allows cells, tissues, and organisms to better withstand damage from stress after being exposed to a lesser amount.
? i know nigga, what did u not understand in what i said, i'm telling it happens in the womb not after maturation

• +1
? i know nigga, what did u not understand in what i said, i'm telling it happens in the womb not after maturation
But do you understand what I'm trying to say though?

The immune system genetically engineers cells designed to fight off specific pathogens, and neurons genetically engineer themselves to adapt to previous mental activity. If an individual sincerely tried to get a Ph.D. in mathematics, the neurons in their brains would re-assemble their DNA to help them adapt to solve complex math problems and get the Ph.D. If you read the article, it suggests that no 2 neurons have the same genome and that neurons change their genomes to tackle constant adaptive stress and adapt to it.

Yes and i'm answering you no, a higher IQ is a way different level of abstract thought, it's not just your current neurons but faster
Do you think genes could be radio stations for certain levels of abstract thought?
Of course, what I'm proposing here is a sort of non-materialist biology here.

• +1
Reactions: 97baHater and NZb6Air
Reformulate the statement
On a scale from 0-100, to what degree do you believe my claim?

This could actually be how evolution occurs predominantly, and not primarily through natural selection.

But do you understand what I'm trying to say though?

The immune system genetically engineers cells designed to fight off specific pathogens, and neurons genetically engineer themselves to adapt to previous mental activity. If an individual sincerely tried to get a Ph.D. in mathematics, the neurons in their brains would re-assemble their DNA to help them adapt to solve complex math problems and get the Ph.D. If you read the article, it suggests that no 2 neurons have the same genome and that neurons change their genomes to tackle constant adaptive stress and adapt to it.

IQ enhancement centers around improving your general ability to solve problems (reasoning) and any cognitive ability that helps you solve problems.
Your IQ makes me hard sometimes, just seeing your post makes my cock hard, I wish I ascend with a high IQ foid, intelligence is so attractive

• JFL
Reactions: enchanted_elixir and NZb6Air
I meant reformulate the claim in question
The claim is that cells like neurons and immune cells can purposefully, and directly alter their own DNA in response to stress or challenges, unlike epigenetic changes that only affect gene expression. This DNA modification may help neurons solve complex problems, adapt to situations, alter their thinking, and allow immune cells to better fight specific pathogens. The idea is that such changes could play a significant role in evolution and may explain variations in traits like intelligence over time.

Last edited:
neurons and immune cells can directly alter their DNA in response to stress or challenges, unlike epigenetic changes that only affect gene expressio
yes however still won't change iq since IQ = your world view thus your limits, you will only be able to experience stress within that world for an improve in IQ you'd need stress that would be superior to that world which is logically impossible since u wouldnt be able to perceive it
This DNA modification may help neurons solve complex problems, adapt to situations, alter their thinking, and allow immune cells to better fight specific pathogens.
within your world which is IQ based

Most adaptive changes are achieved through epigenetic modifications and other regulatory processes rather than direct, stress-induced DNA modifications and they're all withing your world and genetic potential (example: wrist size these nuts from the guy above example, even with maximum stress you'll never achieve supra genetical wrist size)

I believe if anything would be foundational and the most multigenic trait possible it would be iq

yes however still won't change iq since IQ = your world view thus your limits, you will only be able to experience stress within that world for an improve in IQ you'd need stress that would be superior to that world which is logically impossible since u wouldnt be able to perceive it
I see, you're saying that you can't think of thoughts higher than your genes allow them to think, that would require you to make that jump.

Well, there's a problem there in my opinion.

People change their worldviews as they age, and they develop a greater understanding of the world if they're not closed minded and actually develop as a person (this is why old people and philosophers are wiser and more intelligent than average). Now it's important to know that an old person's fluid intelligence is below average but crystallized intelligence would still be higher.

And wouldn't that claim literally rule out learning outside of one's genetic boundaries impossible?
If that were to be so, that means that people, no matter how hard you tried, could never learn advanced topics, even if you took them step by step to mastering every required knowledge.

Ex, for A.I. it would require that you know: arithmetic, number theory, algebra, linear algebra, calculus, and then you could make a neural network.

Are you saying that many people would hit a limit where they wouldn't be able to learn how to make a neural network from scratch because they'll run into a point where no matter how hard you try, they couldn't break past that barrier to even be able to conceive that topic and the topics beyond that?

• +1
Reactions: 97baHater and NZb6Air
I see, you're saying that you can't think of thoughts higher than your genes allow them to think, that would require you to make that jump
Yes
People change their worldviews as they age, and they develop a greater understanding of the world if they're not closed minded and actually develop as a person (this is why old people and philosophers are wiser and more intelligent than average). Now it's important to know that an old person's fluid intelligence is below average but crystallized intelligence would still be higher.
Old people are not wiser
And wouldn't that claim literally rule out learning outside of one's genetic boundaries impossible?
yes
If that were to be so, that means that people, no matter how hard you tried, could never learn advanced topics, even if you took them step by step to mastering every required knowledge.
yesy
because they'll run into a point where no matter how hard you try, they couldn't break past that barrier to even be able to conceive that topic and the topics beyond that?
Yes

But you have to understand that the difference in understandings between different iqs is abstraction-based meaning the higher iq the more systematic the vision is at higher abstraction levels (more abstract means further from direct experience)

Someone with lower iq could dabble in topology however he'd only correctly manipulate concepts that are of the 3D dimension whereas someone with the higher iq could correctly manipulate 7 dimension concepts

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts and enchanted_elixir
Yes

Old people are not wiser

yes

yesy

Yes

But you have to understand that the difference in understandings between different iqs is abstraction-based meaning the higher iq the more systematic the vision is at higher abstraction levels (more abstract means further from direct experience)

Someone with lower iq could dabble in topology however he'd only correctly manipulate concepts that are of the 3D dimension whereas someone with the higher iq could correctly manipulate 7 dimension concepts
But then, wouldn't that assume that neurons' genomes are stable, and the only differences are epigenetic differences and differences in maturation of cells?

I saw that you agreed with what I said, and added something additional.

Wouldn't such a belief refute your claim? Could you explain your reasoning, because these things are conflicting.

Can people even visualize higher dimensional objects?
The misleading assumption here is using "visualize", you obviously cannot use physical senses to perceive abstract objects, a higher iq can get to the abstract objects by constructing a world that starts with directly sensible objects to get more complex and more abstract the deeper in the thought, he will image it indirectly, however someone with an average iq cannot do that abstract work

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts and enchanted_elixir
The misleading assumption here is using "visualize", you obviously cannot use physical senses to perceive abstract objects, a higher iq can get to the abstract objects by constructing a world that starts with directly sensible objects to get more complex and more abstract the deeper in the thought, he will image it indirectly, however someone with an average iq cannot do that abstract work
I realized it and deleted it a few minutes ago :confused:

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
You can’t increase your iq, what you need to start doing is reading more. Expand your knowledge, that’s what makes a person smart. Also don’t be a typical modern fag and consume short form content alongside rotting on the internet, live a healthy lifestyle.

You can’t increase your iq, what you need to start doing is reading more. Expand your knowledge, that’s what makes a person smart. Also don’t be a typical modern fag and consume short form content alongside rotting on the internet, live a healthy lifestyle.
Reading increases knowledge significantly more than it increases intelligence.

• +1
Reactions: N1666