how can i break through a gym plateau (GYMCELS GTFIH)

axttt_

axttt_

barely subhuman
mainly strength but also visually too
been training for almost a year now

• JFL
Reactions: raleqtambrobret
blast

• JFL
Reactions: moreplatesmoreweigh
Deload by 10% and do more sets and try again for 2-3 weeks. Still no progress add some mass and try again.

• +1
Reactions: axttt_
mainly strength but also visually too
been training for almost a year now
Volume is the main driver of long term progress, u need to increase general & specific work capacity to progress long term

• +1
Deload by 10% and do more sets and try again for 2-3 weeks. Still no progress add some mass and try again.
ill try
ive been on the same weight for almost 2 months now

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Take 2 weeks - month off

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Volume is the main driver of long term progress, u need to increase general & specific work capacity to progress long term
i do 8-18 sets to failure per muscle group per week rn
working in 6-8 rep range
what do you recommend changing it to

Reincarnate out of those famine genes

• JFL
Reactions: BeanletMogger and Saint Casanova
  • +1
and this was the nigga saying i have nothing useful to say
jfl
ive never seen you contribute to any thread
why would i contribute to a shitskin that wont do anything different

why would i contribute to a shitskin that wont do anything different
you dont contribute to anyone
please at least make your attempts to troll funny so it can gain some comedic value

• +1
No this is true also. Taking a break and giving your muscles rest can increase your strength. I mainly train for strength I've done it many times.
im training more for aesthetics but ill still try

• +1
you dont contribute to anyone
please at least make your attempts to troll funny so it can gain some comedic value
troll where
im being srs u should just quit

i do 8-18 sets to failure per muscle group per week rn
working in 6-8 rep range
what do you recommend changing it to
When you're a beginner linear progression (adding weight or reps every workout) is key. Problem is you'll run into a wall like you are now & get little progress despite going to failure on every set.

That's when u have to start programming/ periodization, basically varying Volume/ Intensity/ Relative Intensity to progress. There's times you'll train high volume/ lower intensity & far from failure to build work capacity and hypertrophy, then other times you'll reduce the volume & increase intensity & train nearer failure.

FYI don't go to failure every set especially on compound movements, the SFR ratio is really bad. That's why if u look at most of the strongest powerlifters on earth they rarely go to failure on compounds

• +1
When you're a beginner linear progression (adding weight or reps every workout) is key. Problem is you'll run into a wall like you are now & get little progress despite going to failure on every set.

That's when u have to start programming/ periodization, basically varying Volume/ Intensity/ Relative Intensity to progress. There's times you'll train high volume/ lower intensity & far from failure to build work capacity and hypertrophy, then other times you'll reduce the volume & increase intensity & train nearer failure.

FYI don't go to failure every set especially on compound movements, the SFR ratio is really bad. That's why if u look at most of the strongest powerlifters on earth they rarely go to failure on compounds
how many reps in reserve would you advise for compound movements
im gonna try increasing the rep range to 8-12 and lowering weight for a bit

No it is not. It's not even time under tension as it was previously thought. It's mainly exposure to heavy weights and training close to failure that is the main driver of muscle growth. Doesn't matter how many sets/reps u do. As long as you are lifting heavy you will grow.

Maybe eat more OP?

• +1
hard to break through a plateau if ur cutting, but if ur keeping ur strength and losing weight that means ur getting stronger

hard to break through a plateau if ur cutting, but if ur keeping ur strength and losing weight that means ur getting stronger
im getting slightly stronger during this cut but the difference is negligible tbh
but even when i was eating normally the strength gains were really slow

500 mg test (20 weeks)
100mg anadrol first 8 weeks only

no pct

im getting slightly stronger during this cut but the difference is negligible tbh
but even when i was eating normally the strength gains were really slow
maybe u train too often? A lot of begginners kill their gains by overtraining

how many reps in reserve would you advise for compound movements
im gonna try increasing the rep range to 8-12 and lowering weight for a bit
What RIR u should train at is still debated, but generally 1) the bigger the movement (squats and deadlift) the farther u want to be from failure most of the time, and 2) the less experienced u are the closer u can get to failure. e.g. if u look at Hafthor during his prep for 500kg deadlift his closest set to failure was this at ~1-2RIR

You can read this article too or watch the Sika Strength video on when to stop linear progression.

There's many ways of programming but when I was seriously training in college my coach followed Issurin's Block Periodization model. U have 3 phases - Accumulation, Transmutation, Realization. Accumulation is higher volume lower intensity work focusing on building work capacity & physiological adaptation. Transmutation is kinda like classical strength work & takes that initial base of work capacity and converts it more to strength. Realization is what some call a peak or taper where its highly specific to competition conditions like maxing out for a 1RM, and the adaptations are more neurological as opposed to physiological. Each block is 4-6 weeks.

• +1
maybe u train too often? A lot of begginners kill their gains by overtraining
ive been going for close to a year now tho
first 7 months my bench exploded by almost double my starting weight from 60kg to almost 110kg but now its been really slow since then
maybe its the newbie gains wearing off

ive been going for close to a year now tho
first 7 months my bench exploded by almost double my starting weight from 60kg to almost 110kg but now its been really slow since then
maybe its the newbie gains wearing off
how often do u go in a week? whats ur weight? When I plateu on bench I start my chest day with chest flies 5sets and do low weight high rep bench press at the end

how often do u go in a week? whats ur weight? When I plateu on bench I start my chest day with chest flies 5sets and do low weight high rep bench press at the end
im 16 currently about 67kg and 171cm
i used to go 6 days a week but recently ive been busy with school so ive only been going about 4

im 16 currently about 67kg and 171cm
i used to go 6 days a week but recently ive been busy with school so ive only been going about 4
why the fuck are you cutting at 67kg do u have anorexia? Pick up the fork

why the fuck are you cutting at 67kg do u have anorexia? Pick up the fork
im like 17% bodyfat still
i want to be lean
i was 59kg when i started the gym
i was 70kg before i started cutting
ive gain a good bit of weight

im like 17% bodyfat still
i want to be lean
i was 59kg when i started the gym
i was 70kg before i started cutting
ive gain a good bit of weight
I doubt ur 17% bf at 67kg when ur benching 110kg unless you lied

• +1
What RIR u should train at is still debated, but generally 1) the bigger the movement (squats and deadlift) the farther u want to be from failure most of the time, and 2) the less experienced u are the closer u can get to failure. e.g. if u look at Hafthor during his prep for 500kg deadlift his closest set to failure was this at ~1-2RIR

You can read this article too or watch the Sika Strength video on when to stop linear progression.

There's many ways of programming but when I was seriously training in college my coach followed Issurin's Block Periodization model. U have 3 phases - Accumulation, Transmutation, Realization. Accumulation is higher volume lower intensity work focusing on building work capacity & physiological adaptation. Transmutation is kinda like classical strength work & takes that initial base of work capacity and converts it more to strength. Realization is what some call a peak or taper where its highly specific to competition conditions like maxing out for a 1RM, and the adaptations are more neurological as opposed to physiological. Each block is 4-6 weeks.
You are complicating it way too much man. I got a physique like this following none of that stuff. Just eat, lift heavy till failure and deload.

4417199 images   2024 09 26T155744049

Dbol and some Anavar

I doubt ur 17% bf at 67kg when ur benching 110kg unless you lied
17% is a lowball tbh
im closer to 18-19%
i can show physique in pms and i have vids of me benching 100kg from about 6 months ago

No it is not. It's not even time under tension as it was previously thought. It's mainly exposure to heavy weights and training close to failure that is the main driver of muscle growth. Doesn't matter how many sets/reps u do. As long as you are lifting heavy you will grow.
Volume determines the magnitude of the adaptation (how much gains u get)
The load determines the specificity of the adaptation (whether its more max strength or more endurance).
The proximity to failure determines fatigue generated & muscle fiber recruitment pattern

Greg Nuckols, Mike Israetel, Brad Schoenfeld etc. have all written on this but they've confirmed what the Soviets knew from the 70s - the training volume (work done in the Newtonian sense) is the primary driver of any physiological adaptation, and more volume produces more adaptation up to a certain point, after which you start to overtrain and get less adaptation. (Its called an inverted U dose relationship). The key is increasing your work capacity, which basically enables you to perform more volume and positively adapt to it.

• +1
what are your stats and lifts?

You are complicating it way too much man. I got a physique like this following none of that stuff. Just eat, lift heavy till failure and deload.

View attachment 3228196
fuark
didnt expect this
you are huge nigga
i would not expect you to have this physique from the pics ive seen of you

fuark
didnt expect this
you are huge nigga
i would not expect you to have this physique from the pics ive seen of you
Those pics are kind old. I'm a fatcel now unfortunately because of rotting and gymaxxing.

• So Sad
17% is a lowball tbh
im closer to 18-19%
i can show physique in pms and i have vids of me benching 100kg from about 6 months ago
i believe u just crazy

• +1