How can I raise my hyoid bone

b12345

b12345

Silver
IMG 1577

Looking for any tips

It does work for raising your hyoid bone; you might not be mewing in the correct way. I have always wondered about this myself and I came across a reddit post with a research article in it, it has jaw exercises you can do in order to raise your hyoid bone. Here's the link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5784581/
I don’t think I can mew currently because of recession or I might be an idiot idk or maybe I’m doing it correctly who knows

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air and cnejjew
It does work for raising your hyoid bone; you might not be mewing in the correct way. I have always wondered about this myself and I came across a reddit post with a research article in it, it has jaw exercises you can do in order to raise your hyoid bone. Here's the link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5784581/
I have been doing the high speed jaw opening exercise for about a week or so do you think if I keep at it overtime I could see significant improvement

• +1
Reactions: ronald_2 and cnejjew
I have been doing the high speed jaw opening exercise for about a week or so do you think if I keep at it overtime I could see significant improvement
I think you should continue doing the speed jaw opening exercise, you'll see improvement. Don't give up. If you get really insecure about your hyoid bone and has some money to spend, you could get a hyoid suspension neck lift or just a neck lift in general.

For me, personally, learning how to mew correctly and doing the high speed jaw opening exercise for a long time worked. I saw improvements in my hyoid bone, but it took a while.

@cnejjew is there any other exercises or things I can do to raise the hyoid

• +1
Reactions: cnejjew
@cnejjew is there any other exercises or things I can do to raise the hyoid
Yeah, I think there's the hyoid muscle stretch exercise where you just tilt your head back until you feel tension, place your tongue as high on the roof of your mouth, hold for 15 to 20 seconds, and repeat this about 2 to 3 times. I did this, but not very often.

I think some things you should ensure you to keep your jaw from becoming recessed is practicing good posture and avoid slouching and practice some chin tucks.

Yeah, I think there's the hyoid muscle stretch exercise where you just tilt your head back until you feel tension, place your tongue as high on the roof of your mouth, hold for 15 to 20 seconds, and repeat this about 2 to 3 times. I did this, but not very often.

I think some things you should ensure you to keep your jaw from becoming recessed is practicing good posture and avoid slouching and practice some chin tucks.
How can I correctly do chin tucke and will chewing help hyoid

• +1
How can I correctly do chin tucke and will chewing help hyoid
I just copied this from my notes app, but this is how you can correctly do chin tucks:

Slowly tuck your chin down towards your chest; Hold the position for one to two seconds; Slowly raise your chin back up; Repeat this exercise either 3 or 4 times.

As for chewing, yes, it can help you to raise your hyoid bone. You just need to make sure that you aren't chewing too aggressively, keeping your mouth closed and move your tongue to move the food around in your mouth. You need to chew slow and in a consistent pattern, it might take a while for you to get used to this, but if you don't chew your food thoroughly when you eat, your jawline will become more recessed.

I just copied this from my notes app, but this is how you can correctly do chin tucks:

Slowly tuck your chin down towards your chest; Hold the position for one to two seconds; Slowly raise your chin back up; Repeat this exercise either 3 or 4 times.

As for chewing, yes, it can help you to raise your hyoid bone. You just need to make sure that you aren't chewing too aggressively, keeping your mouth closed and move your tongue to move the food around in your mouth. You need to chew slow and in a consistent pattern, it might take a while for you to get used to this, but if you don't chew your food thoroughly when you eat, your jawline will become more recessed.
I been chewing a lot of hard gun

I think you should continue doing the speed jaw opening exercise, you'll see improvement. Don't give up. If you get really insecure about your hyoid bone and has some money to spend, you could get a hyoid suspension neck lift or just a neck lift in general.

For me, personally, learning how to mew correctly and doing the high speed jaw opening exercise for a long time worked. I saw improvements in my hyoid bone, but it took a while.
How long.

• +1