How can you believe in God?

I could see believing in a god or gods, but not believing in God. The Abrahamic "God" is such nonsense, you got that information from humans, who could ever trust humans with information like that? You could very well be talking to a schizo when it comes to stuff like that. So the "God" concept is a near comical fanfic, CLEARLY written by men, influenced by men, it's so fucking obvious that's in almost every religion I can account for, it's also clear it's pure human influence. :lul: The limitations are so fucking obvious, there would be NO limitations when recieving info from an ALL-KNOWING being. To even consider what it is to be all-knowing, that is so beyond the concept of "God" alone, so beyond the simple minds of that time, but of course, you would want your God to know everything.

You have to reject that bible stuff, imo, you can treat it as a pop-philosophy or insightful literature, to treat is as objective truth is ludicrous, and you all know it at your core if you have the brain power to even question your beliefs. That childhood indoctrination is fucking child abuse, imo, you guys can't break from your rooting, I would be so fucking stupid if I wasn't able to change my beliefs, and that's what happens to most Christians, they usually have a gap in thinking, like a limit to the things they can connect before they 404 and...

doesnt-look-like-anything-to-me-westworld.gif

That's the major difference between "smart" and dumb people, that I have noticed, it's why analogies and hypotheticals don't work on dumb people, because they can only connect so many things, so when you get tangential, their brain stops working and they revert to their feeling attacked.

Real shit though, why don't hypotheticals and analogies work on dumb people? What's up with that? Has anyone looked deep into that because it's fucking scary when you really think about it. How can we draw empathy out of people if we can't use hypotheticals? wtf Think about it, "what if" statements don't work on these people, I have noticed this too often in debate and watching debates, but also with IRL people in just a basic convo.

• +1
Reactions: Don Alejo Garza, Mogger2000, Deleted member 28691 and 1 other person
The dead sea scrolls proved Jesus is God
And they were written before
I actually used to use that argument but then I found out that famous passages predicting Christ like Isaiah 53 aren't in the Dead Sea Scrolls; only some of the Tanakh is there + a lot of apocrypha. So we don't actually have a copy of Isaiah 53 from before Christ; look it up.

Barring indoctrination, so your parents never did any religious stuff with you, and you are above average IQ, how can you deny the absurdity of the abrahamic god and what is written in the bible? I would love to speak to that individual. Us humans have already proven the first few pages of the bible laughable.

Have any of you ever read the bible alone, and without church or parental influence?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28691
The fact that there's zero evidence a god or gods exist should be enough

Yeah but the absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Some things could truly be beyond our understanding. Like if something is beyond these dimensions, we could likely never account for that as beings of limited subjectivity.

I actually used to use that argument but then I found out that famous passages predicting Christ like Isaiah 53 aren't in the Dead Sea Scrolls; only some of the Tanakh is there + a lot of apocrypha. So we don't actually have a copy of Isaiah 53 from before Christ; look it up.
Isaiah 9: 5,6 this is documented in the Dead Sea Scrolls

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Isaiah 9: 5,6 this is documented in the Dead Sea Scrolls

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
That is far less compelling than if Isaiah 53 was there, stuff like that isn't enough to sway me. Like I said, I used to be really religious, I spent months researching apologetics and eventually came to the conclusion that it isn't true. But I don't have a problem with religion, the main thing it does is tell people to be nice to each other.

the world's most intelligent man in existence chris langan who iq mogs all of you into a cambrian age believes in god, therefore the only logical thing to do is find some way to make yourself believe in god as well. consider all arguments supporting belief while trying to find ways to debunk all arguments against. if at the end of this process you still don't believe in god you are obviously not smart enough for eternal salvation

Yeah but the absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Some things could truly be beyond our understanding. Like if something is beyond these dimensions, we could likely never account for that as beings of limited subjectivity.
You are correct, I didn't mean the lack of evidence means its abscense, maybe the message was written from a way which could make it easily interpreted like that.
And there's also the possibility of something beyond our dimensions.

For me, the advancement and findings of all types of sciences during the last centuries, and my personal conclusions from a philosophical and logical point of view, make it pretty clear, for me, the inexistence of a superior being.

But I neither can prove it, so this will be a debate for a long time, or even forever.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29796
That is far less compelling than if Isaiah 53 was there, stuff like that isn't enough to sway me. Like I said, I used to be really religious, I spent months researching apologetics and eventually came to the conclusion that it isn't true. But I don't have a problem with religion, the main thing it does is tell people to be nice to each other.
Cope its almost the same says he will be called mighty god and christians do call him god.

Also according to my sources Isaiah 53 is also in the Dead Sea Scrolls

You are correct, I didn't mean the lack of evidence means its abscense, maybe the message was written from a way which could make it easily interpreted like that.
And there's also the possibility of something beyond our dimensions.

For me, the advancement and findings of all types of sciences during the last centuries, and my personal conclusions from a philosophical and logical point of view, make it pretty clear, for me, the inexistence of a superior being.

But I neither can prove it, so this will be a debate for a long time, or even forever.

Okay, my bad, and I agree.

the world's most intelligent man in existence chris langan

How was this determined?

• +1
Reactions: Debetro
Cope its almost the same says he will be called mighty god and christians do call him god.

Also according to my sources Isaiah 53 is also in the Dead Sea Scrolls
It's not. They fill in the parts not there with the modern Bible. It's not because it's absent from the text the scrolls are just in bad condition. Anyway I'm going to bed

220iq plus formulating the world's first theory or everything

I see your point, I just think it's possible there could be more intelligent people that weren't driven to major discoveries and also didn't get tested, probably got killed before they could make a difference.

I could see believing in a god or gods, but not believing in God. The Abrahamic "God" is such nonsense, you got that information from humans, who could ever trust humans with information like that? You could very well be talking to a schizo when it comes to stuff like that. So the "God" concept is a near comical fanfic, CLEARLY written by men, influenced by men, it's so fucking obvious that's in almost every religion I can account for, it's also clear it's pure human influence. :lul: The limitations are so fucking obvious, there would be NO limitations when recieving info from an ALL-KNOWING being. To even consider what it is to be all-knowing, that is so beyond the concept of "God" alone, so beyond the simple minds of that time, but of course, you would want your God to know everything.

You have to reject that bible stuff, imo, you can treat it as a pop-philosophy or insightful literature, to treat is as objective truth is ludicrous, and you all know it at your core if you have the brain power to even question your beliefs. That childhood indoctrination is fucking child abuse, imo, you guys can't break from your rooting, I would be so fucking stupid if I wasn't able to change my beliefs, and that's what happens to most Christians, they usually have a gap in thinking, like a limit to the things they can connect before they 404 and...

That's the major difference between "smart" and dumb people, that I have noticed, it's why analogies and hypotheticals don't work on dumb people, because they can only connect so many things, so when you get tangential, their brain stops working and they revert to their feeling attacked.

Real shit though, why don't hypotheticals and analogies work on dumb people? What's up with that? Has anyone looked deep into that because it's fucking scary when you really think about it. How can we draw empathy out of people if we can't use hypotheticals? wtf Think about it, "what if" statements don't work on these people, I have noticed this too often in debate and watching debates, but also with IRL people in just a basic convo.

People without any imagination and critical thinking are literally drones.

Scary as fuck.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29796
Thing is when the day of judgement comes for you, you didn't lose anything by believing in God. You potentially lose your chance at eternal peace if there's a God and chose not to believe so you might aswell. There's got to be a higher entity that created this shit earth, otherwise nothing would make sense.
jfl imagine believing in higher entities from mainstream religions. There's obviously a higher being, but he's not part of any abrahamic religion on earth.

Last edited:
God helps me meet girls but cant do anything about them wanting chad

jfl at people who don't consider that the universe has existed for billions of years now, but suddenly they're born to live <100 years and then get sent to eternal heaven or hell jfl x100

anyways, do you believe in the possibility of devas from buddhism or gods from hinduism existing? Unlike religions with concepts of eternal life, these religions actually take probabilities into account, with their realms of temporary suffering or bliss. If you don't believe in such a possibility, do you think that an actual higher being is just something we haven't discovered yet in any of our religions?

believing in a good god is rly difficult

let alone a good one

do these people look around at what is happening

• +1
Reactions: Debetro
If ur living normal life the probability is very low something bad will happen to you. God says never challange him out.
no normal life for child being born in africa getting eaten by aligator

jfl at considering ur tiny bubble privileged existence normal life

• +1
Reactions: klip11 and Debetro
Oops I got born/bought into the wrong religion *goes to hell*

jfl at people who don't consider that the universe has existed for billions of years now, but suddenly they're born to live <100 years and then get sent to eternal heaven or hell jfl x100

anyways, do you believe in the possibility of devas from buddhism or gods from hinduism existing? Unlike religions with concepts of eternal life, these religions actually take probabilities into account, with their realms of temporary suffering or bliss. If you don't believe in such a possibility, do you think that an actual higher being is just something we haven't discovered yet in any of our religions?
Haven't got around to reading into that, but I definitely plan on it, at least within the next year. I actually planned on visiting this memorial one day:

But yeah, Buddhism and Hinduism are things I definitely plan to look into, both form the philosophical approach and the spiritual approach, which I have come to realize I was stupid about.

• +1
Reactions: Mogger2000
no normal life for child being born in africa getting eaten by aligator

jfl at considering ur tiny bubble privileged existence normal life
Africans are animals

Where's the footage? why is he hiding? is he 10? fuck that shit nigga!

• +1
Also if god is real, she's a female. She likes badboys like Samson / David / Jacob.

• +1
the world's most intelligent man in existence chris langan who iq mogs all of you into a cambrian age believes in god, therefore the only logical thing to do is find some way to make yourself believe in god as well. consider all arguments supporting belief while trying to find ways to debunk all arguments against. if at the end of this process you still don't believe in god you are obviously not smart enough for eternal salvation
such a good statement.
Atheism brings no good, it brings all sorts of problems to society. Religion can too, the world isn't perfect. But Atheism is not right at all.
All the transgenders, homosexuals, murderers (well, most) are atheist. If you don't believe in a god, nothing really matters, right?

such a good statement.
Atheism brings no good, it brings all sorts of problems to society. Religion can too, the world isn't perfect. But Atheism is not right at all.
All the transgenders, homosexuals, murderers (well, most) are atheist. If you don't believe in a god, nothing really matters, right?
Atheist is aren't yhe one commiting murder

Most humans are naturally against murder

Christianty is false because it claims to be self evident but not everyone belives so its false.

Yhe mayor religons are false

We can't even if justfied ig our minds can find the truth

Free will is dumb

Lol, there's bigger problems than looks, there are people being born and living their hole lives in misery, in essentially real life slavery, slaving their life away in brutal condition for $3 a day.

Where's the kind god?

Where's the kind god when kids get born with no limbs/retarded or deformed.

Why does he allow his creations to suffer this much, for muh afterlife.

Biggest bullshit in the history of this Earth.
I guess it depends on how you define God. If God is defined as an all powerful, loving, kind, prayer answering being, then I can agree that there's no evidence for that type of God. If "God" is defined as Aries, the ancient Greek God of war, I would be willing to believe in Aries before the Christian God.

With Aries, you can at least say that the world is consistent with his existence. Aries is not defined as a loving, prayer answering being. Aries doesn't give a crap about human beings. And there are plenty of wars and conflicts in the world.

• +1
Yahweh is some petty god similar to any other local spirit, baal, Zeus whatever

the Holy Spirit is the religious sense ppl have

Jesus is astrological the only sun of god, he dies and then he rises again hmmmm

symbol for a new age (every culture has room for a Jesus in their mythology which is why Africans/South Americans are both so superstitious and believe in Jesus)

and an extremely powerful entity (don’t take his name in vain) even saying his name makes demons - whatever they are hurt and he has the power to cast them out, they can’t lie to him